“First time at ABQ Marriott Pyramid North”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #71 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stay there after arriving from a 12 hr. car ride though freezing rain, snow, and high winds. It was great to arrive there. The Front Desk people were great and friendly. Our room was a nice size with King Size Bed. Very comfortable, large HDTV desk. After we settled in, we went to a light snack.

in the morning, we had a great breakfast including, made to order omelets prepared by I believe was "Frank" with 4 years service. Our server was Linda. She told us that she had been there for 24 yrs. at that hotel. She was good and friendly. Great people.

I remember reading some past reviews of this property, but it showed us we made a great choice for the night.

Room Tip: Ask for high room and away from freeway would be a bonus if available. Very nice lobby and open, wit...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Bille3
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Bille3, Thank you for staying with us and for your very nice review. We are so glad that you made it through the weather safely and that you had a great experience here. It was also nice to read about the staff members who made such an impression on your stay. Because you mentioned them, they will be receiving one of our Gold Star awards. Wishing you the best this holiday seaon and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here for business. I would not opt to stay here again.

Good:
- Bar waitress was good & really nice
- decent shampoo/conditioner
- comfortable room for a hotel

Bad:

- Loud room.
- No A/C. Opened the window to find there were loud vent fans on the roof below the window.
- Dirty shower - dried shaving cream and hair.
- Wifi is an additional charge.
- Breakfast is too expensive for what it is.
- The coffee is disgusting. There is no way the coffee is actual coffee in the room or in the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Room 422 is loud.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nikki S

Dear Nikki S, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Please accept my apologies that we did not live up to your standards in some areas or our own. With the winter season upon us and the more recent unseasonably colder temperatures, we are running with more heat into the building so that may have affected the ability to get the room as cool as you may have wanted for through the AC setting. I have shared your comments with the staff regarding the housekeeping for their training purposes. hank you for staying with us and I hope that you have an enjoyable holiday season.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I travel a lot with my job, and am usually underwhelmed with what I find on the road...I try to look past all the disappointments, and make excuses for the hiccups.
I was invited to provide entertainment for a group who booked a holiday party at this hotel on Friday night, and I decided to make a weekend of it at the Pyramid.
I have to haul a huge load of music equipment and the staff made my setup much easier. I really appreciate having assistance and the banquet team was ready to help.
Saturday night I decided to stay in, watch a movie and order room service. I had excellent quick service and the linguine was some of the best Italian food I have had in a long time!
Sunday I took advantage of the workout room. I loved the equipment. Everything was clean, and I even saw one of the managers come in during my workout to check that all was in order, and up to standard.
My room was clean and comfortable with a killer view! The front desk staff was continually professional and helpful. When I checked in, Matt assisted me with luggage and then I had questions that he quickly answered. When I checked out, I had a most pleasant gentleman from Arlington, Tx carry my luggage to my car. He was very nice and finished with a "please come visit us again"....I will assure you, my next opportunity, I will be back!
This hotel is top notch!

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors. While my room was very quiet, the views up higher are unbelievable.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank houstonvisitor56

Dear houstonvisitor56, What a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. The staff really enjoyed your visit. Thank you too for the room location recommendation. I love our upper floors as the view from all of them is just beautiful. From the mountains to the downtown lights there is a great view. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed three nights at this Marriott during a business trip, and its not up to my expectations for a Marriott-level hotel. It's based on the once-popular center atrium design. Other than bathroom, room was dated, as are public areas. Its in a commercial/office area but walkable strip center has a great pastry shop and family Italian restaurant (Torino's). Staff were friendly. Conference food was surprisingly good and service staff were responsive. Overall this tired property needs a makeover. In the meantime suggest checking out the nearby Courtyard which is fairly new.

Room Tip: Request upper-floor room on west or south side for a great view of the Valley.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear well-traveled908, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on your stay with us and our hotel. While true, we do not have the contemporary decor that many properties are moving to, our current style and atrium provide a more relaxed and southwestern feel. Many of our guests like the difference. Thank you for staying with us and safe travels.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stay here for one night on a business trip. The property is definitely on the lower spectrum of all Marriott hotels. The service was okay as the staff was friendly enough. The room was okay, but it is old and shows. Probably would not recommend this place, but then again, may be all hotels in Albuquerque is like this one, so I really can't say one way or other since I have not stayed in any other hotel in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear BigFishDiveClub, Thank you for staying with us on your trip to Albuquerque and for taking the time to share your thoughts about our property. I'm glad to hear that you had a nice experience with our staff. I hope that if you have the opportunity to travel back this way, you will have time to experience all of the great things our city has to offer. Safe travels

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Pros: Excellent staff. Very accommodating bell, front desk crew and housekeeping. Concierge lounge has very good food. Lots of parking.

Cons: Location is not near downtown Albuquerque. Lobby can be loud sometimes. Internet is slow. No establishments nearby. Some rooms have 2 TVs, which is unnecessary for a small room.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevators have better internet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Erwin Y, Wow...what a nice review. You really captured some of the essence of our property. So glad to read that the staff provided you with a memorable experience and that you enjoyed our concierge lounge. Our concierge food and service are ratedby our guests in the top 20 of all Marriott's on a consistent basis. I'm also excited to let you know that we will be upgrading our internet in early 2014. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is a hotel that if they would keep up appearances it would be fine.
The initial visit to the halls was that they everything needed cleaned or renovated. The doors were splotchy with mismatched painted or peeling paint I don't now which. The halls gave me the heeby geebies to begin with. After staying at the hotel, I’d have to say that the pictures of the hotel are more like the pictures of a hotel that once was. The TV was not flat screen it was an older CRT (before high def). I’ve stayed at other Marriotts before and had become accustomed to a certain level of quality from the chain. I didn’t read the reviews on this hotel before I booked; my mistake! This hotel does not deserve the Marriott name and the poor reviews are accurate.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Chad K,
In reading you review I was a little surprised at your comments. With the exception of only a few small areas of our hotels, our guest hallways have guest rooms on one side and open up to our atrium on the other giving them a very open, airy feeling. In addition, our guest rooms have had flat screens in them for quite some time. If you wouldn't mind, I would love to hear from you directly to discuss your comments with you personally. Many thanks and best wishes for safe travels.