“Nice beautiful hotel”

Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North
Ranked #68 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a very nice, attractive hotel. The staff was so professional and willing to help. The room was beautiful, the decor was nice. They gave us a late checkout which was nice.
The bed was a little to hard for my taste, but the room was comfortable. I only had a few issues, one was that there was only one coffee packet available in a room with two beds, I found this strange since the room was for two people.I was also surprised there was no free Wifi. Other than that A very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear newsgirl77,

What a nice review! Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience here. The staff was very appreciative of your comments about them. I'm so sorry there was only one coffee packet in your room. Our standard is one regular and one decaf. I'll be sure to follow up with the room attendants on your experience. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that we will see you again in the future. Safe Travels

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Had to haggle for free wifi, despite being rewards member in long standing. The waterfall and bar scene looked good in the atrium, but we mostly stayed in our room. Older property that could use renovating. Our room the carpet was coming up, and was uneven.

Facilities staff was great. We didn't figure out how to change the thermostat, and they came up fast, and fixed us up no muss, no fuss. thx!

Breakfast was food was pretty good, typical Marriott fresh fruit selection, but had a tough time keeping the hot water for tea coming.

bed was comfy.

Location is close to Petroglyph National Park(?).

I think that I would come back if I needed a place with a bar and room service, but otherwise probably not, just because I don't see the value compared to other more traveler oriented hotels.

Room Tip: Personally, I liked having a view of the Sandia mountains.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank munge
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear munge,
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I'm glad you like the views from our hotel. Many of our guests enjoy the views of the mountains and the downtown lights. I wanted to share with you that we are in the process of doing some updates on our guest rooms, though not a full renovation at this time. We are waiting for Marriott's new guest room design to be launched before we proceed with a complete renovation. In regard to the carpet, we have reviewed all the rooms and are having the carpets stretched where needed to improve their appearance and safety for our guests. Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will continue to chose Marriott brands in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My first time visiting the "Pyramid" hotel in Albuquerque. I love the lounge, the water scape, the ambience. Great place. Meeting family there on our way back to California. We gather to have a bite to eat. Woa. What a dissapointment.

The menu was basic. It had no vegetarian or plant based menu items at all so we asked for Nachos without any meat.

The Nachos game and at first the presentation was quite good, even if typical, until we looked closer and after a few bites to our horror we discovered they used Velveeta Cheese!!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHH! Unbelievable any nice hotel would use that artificial health travesty taste ruining substance called velveeta.

Sadly it makes one have to think several times before using that Marriott, or any other, for an event or to meet people for a lunch or dinner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Erik F,
Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I wanted to let you know that we do not use Velveeta for our nachos and I'm so sorry that you had that impression. We actually use cheddar cheese fondue mixed with shredded fresh cheddar jack cheese and green chilies. I also wanted to let you know that we are rolling out a revised menu this week with which indiates several more vegetarian and gluten free menu choices. I hope that overall you enjoyed your time in Albuquerque and that you might consider staying with us again in the future. Best Wishes

Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was my first time to Albuquerque and to New Mexico for that matter. This was my first stop on my first day. We arrived at 7 pm to a Christmas decorated hotel. The luminaries outside the hotel were very nice to see. The front desk was being overwhelmed by check-ins when I arrived as I found out upon my check in the computers were down.
The check in was easy despite the circumstances. Friendly staff and gave us a great room 1020 on the concierge lounge floor. However, the concierge lounge is closed on weekends, not even open for computer access and/or water or soda.
PROS:
Nice, very spacious room.
Nice gym facilities
Friendly wait staff in bar and restaurant.
Restaurant and bar had southwest/NM options and local drinks (love that!)
Great location near Petroglyphs National Park and short drive downtown
Comfortable beds
Fridge in room which was great to have
CONS:
only one elevator working
breakfast buffet was limited in food options
hotel is a tad dated with a lot of empty space in the middle of the hotel/pyramid
Overall, I would stay here again as this provided all the comforts of a Marriott with a friendly staff and good location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brklynrider

Dear Brklynrider,
Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts about your stay with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Please accept my apologies for any delays you experienced regarding the elevators. We are modernizing them to be more efficient for our guests. During the project we have always ensured, however, that we have had one guest elevator available as well as our staff elevator available for our guests use. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This was a business trip. The personnel from the desk people to the maintenance staff were very friendly and helpful. Everyone had a smile and offer of assistance, whether to get the elevator, a bottle of water, or help with luggage. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was nice. There seemed to be a problem with getting the room cleaned and fresh towels without having to ask the front desk in the afternoon. This was early December and there was 6 inches of snowfall. For the first couple nights, the room was very cold and all that came out of the heater was cold air. When it was brought to the attention of the front desk, a maintenance man was sent up who took the heater apart and turned off the air conditioner and turned the heater on. Several other people in our group had the same complaint. One of the two main elevators was under repair. We found a smaller elevator close to our room, but the wait was very long. I thought the daily charge for in-room internet access was excessive. I did not care to check my email in a crowded bar area for free. The food in the dining room tended to be overcooked, though the meals without meat were very tasty. Unfortunately, I am a meat eater. This was my second stay at this hotel. The first visit was better.

Room Tip: In winter, the upper floors are warmer.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Manatee27

Dear Manatee27, Thank you for your review and I'm glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my apologies regarding the heat and it was great to see that the staff addressed this for you. That was a bit unseasonably cold for us at that time. Please accept my apologies also for any inconvienence you experienced regarding the elevators. We are going through a modernization project with each one of them to improve their efficiency for for our guest. We are working on the final elevator at this time and will be done soon with this project. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will honor us with the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in Albuquerque.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The three star average rating is being kind. This is a hotel in need of an extreme makeover. Staff was inexperienced and were not service oriented. Food in the restaurant at the breakfast buffet is just so-so. The elevator construction is really a major problem unless you enjoy waiting and waiting and waiting to be elevated to your 7th story room. Rooms are on the small side. I recommend you find another place to stay.

Room Tip: Elevators are under construction for a 10 story building! Be prepared to wait.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jwwcpa
Cynthia S, General Manager at Albuquerque Marriott Pyramid North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear jwwcpa,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Albuquerque, I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We are making several improvements to the hotel and one currently is the modernization of one of our guest elevators. We do have the option of a second elevator for use which is our larger staff elevator. While I don't know if you tried this option, most of our guests have commented on how they appreciate the extra efforts we have made to assist our guests with their travels through the hotel as much as possible. Please accept my apologiest that they did not work out for you. When completed, our elevators will be more efficient in the functionality for our guests. Thank you for your feedback and we wish you future safe travels.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed two nights as of December 12, 2013 and if you are booking here you need to be aware. First there is heavy road construction and exiting I25 and doubling back to the hotel is confusing and difficult.

If you do stay you should know that this hotel is replacing elevators. This means that a 10 story hotel has one elevator out of service. They have converted a staff/freight elevator for guest use and you get to ride with dirty linen and the floor in this elevator is covered with grease and food crumbs. Apparently it is used to deliver food as well.

It is an average hotel otherwise, but if the elevator situation is ok with you and the construction congestion outside is not an issue then go for it.

A special mention is the staff. All are very friendly and helpful. So on that front they get four stars in my book.

They have a lobby bar and restaurant and the rooms are average for the age of the hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Empire1guy,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us. Please accept my apologies that the renovation project of our guest elevator impacted your stay as well as the road contruction. As you noted, we do have one of our guest elevators available to our guests as well as our staff elevator. We freshened, carpeted, and added artwork to our staff elevator area before the project began to provide a warmer environment for our guests. The spill you noted in your comment has already been addressed. Our guests have the option of using either elevator. In regard to the road construction, it is a necessary project that will make a great difference in the traffic flow in the surrounding area. There are traffic cameras at www.paseoi25.com that people can get updates on. In addition, our staff can assist guests with suggestions on alternate routes if they are travelling during the most congested times which are the am and pm rush hours. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our staff and thank you for staying with us. Best wishes to you this holiday season,