This place is a Hyatt Regency? Really? Seems more like a tired old Doubletree or Crown Plaza. I'm a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member and was disappointed there is no longer a Regency Lounge. Breakfast is provided in the restaurant at no charge for Diamonds but there's no evening reception, no water.
Rooms are spartan. No media jacks, no coffee makers (I don't even drink coffee and I noticed this), no mini fridge. They're pretty basic. Even though I was at the end of the hallway, I could hear the elevator run up and down. Otherwise, though, the rooms are quiet.
The place just shows its age a bit. VIPAmbassador has touted on here how the rooms have been recently renovated. Okay, fine. Maybe so. But I suspect the renovation involved removing a lot of furniture and not replacing much of it ... or replacing it with cheesy furnishings (the "pleather" sofa in my suite was cheap looking).
Honestly, I'd rather stay at one of the two Hyatt Place properties in town or the Hyatt Regency north of town. How does a town the size of Albuquerque end of with so many Hyatt choices, anyhow?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque offers the quintessential location for both business and leisure travelers. Make yourself at home in your spacious guestroom, explore the shops and events in our downtown neighborhood, or lounge at the pool between meetings. Here, you’ll find that productivity and relaxation are constants during your time in Albuquerque. WHAT MAKES A SEAMLESS STAY: SPACIOUS ROOMS: 382 guestrooms including 8 different upgrade options MEETINGS MADE EASIER: 30,000 sq ft of flexible, indoor meeting space with unique venues and a dedicated staff LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN ALBUQUERQUE: Situated across the street from the Albuquerque Convention Center, and moments away from dining, shopping, and entertainment ECLECTIC DINING: 5 on-site dining possibilities including seasonal menus and vegetarian options PLENTY OF PLACES TO RELAX: Read, enjoy a bite to eat and stay connected with free Wi-Fi in our light and airy atrium, or go for a dip in our recently renovated, rooftop pool complete with oversize hot tub. Outdoor fire pit coming soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Albuquerque