“Nice if someone else is paying for it. Sparse and pinched.”

Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Nice if someone else is paying for it. Sparse and pinched.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Nice enough for a higher end hotel downtown. Comfortable bed and space. Would have liked a coffee maker in the room. Why is it these high end hotels never have Free Wireless? It is $9.99 for one day. The parking is expensive as well. Don't think I'd stay here again. Bar downstairs also expensive. Bathroom ammenities seemed very sparse. Overall felt pinched mostly. I've stayed in less expensive places that felt luxurious by comparison.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Hello Lonedog:

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. We are elated that we were able to provide you with a comfortable bed and space during your stay.

We also note your comments regarding the coffee maker, internet and parking prices. Coffee makers are available upon request. While there is a charge for guest room Internet, we do offer complimentary Wifi in our lobby and lobby atrium as an alternative. With both parking and internet, we continually benchmark with other area hotels in the city to ensure that our hotel always remains competitive.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Indiana
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Here for a conference and staying 3 days. The hotel is centrally located, but the downtown seems to be a dying space.
The room (1209) is spacious and nicely furnished. Big, roomy bathroom is welcome. However, when I turned water on in the shower I looked down and there was a wad of hair in the drain--kind of gross. The sink has a crack in it and the toilet never flushes waste with only one flush. Each morning I wake up at 6 am to the sound of my next door neighbor urinating--he has a bladder like a horse, I know this because the walls are apparently paper thin. I do not need to know this. Cleaning service is really good, but also quite late; my room was not made up until after 3 pm.

Business center is just a cubbyhole and overly expensive, but it is a Hyatt.

Restaurant, "Forque" is fantastic, but I will review that as a stand-alone
Conference rooms are acceptable, though by the afternoon they are littered with water glasses that nobody is deployed to pick up.
As a Hyatt this is not up to standards, though as a general hotel its pretty good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Hello Polysemous:

Thank you for staying at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque and taking the time to share your thoughts. Guest feedback is important to us.

We are pleased to hear that your experiences with cleaning service and Forque Kitchen and Bar were overall "really good". However, we are disappointed to see you had bathroom concerns, especially with the toilet, shower and sink. Our Rooms management team members do not take your comments lightly and thank you for highlighting this.

Please know that the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque associates will continually work towards providing attentive service and exceeding your expectations. We are ready to assist you with any needs or services if your travel plans bring you back to Albuquerque.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This is a nice hotel. The rooms are large and quiet. The beds are comfortable. It's a nice venue for a conference. The only drawback is that it's not close to restaurants and shops and Albuquerque is not a city with readily available taxi's. The staff is friendly and it's a nice property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view or you might get one that faces adjancent office buildings.
Dear Where2Gowhere2go:

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. If your travels should bring you back to Albuquerque, we are just 2 short blocks from Historic Rt. 66/Central Avenue, Nob Hill and in the heart of downtown Albuquerque with a variety of restaurants, clubs and bars to choose. It is always our goal to exceed your expectations and sincerely hope to see you again.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt for an academic conference this past week, and I had a wonderful stay. The staff were all very helpful, and the room was spacious, airy, and very pretty. I had no problems with hot water or any other room amenities. At first I was disappointed not to see a coffee maker in the room, but they brought one up immediately upon request (there's a sign letting guests know they can make such requests). The hotel is in a great location, with easy access to good restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. The best part of my stay was the wonderful concierge (I think her name was Mary Lou, but I'm sorry if that's wrong!). She made the most amazing recommendation for lunch, and gave us a coupon for a free "surprise." She also was extremely friendly and helpful in answering other questions during our stay. My one suggestion for the hotel - bathrobes!

1 Thank Professoressa0411
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Professoressa0411,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your valuable feedback. Guest feedback is valuable to us. We are delighted that your overall stay was WONDERFUL and that you found Mary Lou, our Chef Concierge, FABULOUS. We are so excited to be the only hotel in Albuquerque with a certified Les Clefs d'Or.

We also note your comments regarding our hotel bathrobes. We do offer complimentary bathrobes upon request.

fullerton, CA
Reviewed 11 February 2012

i spent two nights at the hyatt to attend an academic conference. i was told that george clooney stayed 2 months at this property while filming *the men who stare at goats,* which put me in a good mood. i asked to have all feathered bedding removed from my room, because i am a vegan, and was accommodated accordingly. the staff at the check-in desk was friendly and i would like to mention gilbert, who helped me significantly. free starbucks coffee a very nice perk: they will comp you one cup of coffee each day. i would advise them to partner with somebody other than portico for their toiletries. i ate and drank at the two bars and was very satisfied with the food and the service. maybe $10 for a glass of red wine from monterey county is a bit excessive, though.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
DEMETRIS A, VIP AMBASSADOR at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
godard17,

We are pleased to hear that our associates quickly responded to your request regarding removal of the feather bedding and that our Front Desk personnel were friendly. We are also excited that you enjoyed Starbucks and our newly renovated Forque Kitchen & Bar and HQue Lobby Lounge.

Please know that we note your comments regarding the "$10 glass of red wine." We continually benchmark with other hotel restaurants in the city to ensure that we always remains competitive.

It is always our goal to exceed expectations and provide our guests with attentive, personalized service. Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This place is a Hyatt Regency? Really? Seems more like a tired old Doubletree or Crown Plaza. I'm a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member and was disappointed there is no longer a Regency Lounge. Breakfast is provided in the restaurant at no charge for Diamonds but there's no evening reception, no water.

Rooms are spartan. No media jacks, no coffee makers (I don't even drink coffee and I noticed this), no mini fridge. They're pretty basic. Even though I was at the end of the hallway, I could hear the elevator run up and down. Otherwise, though, the rooms are quiet.

The place just shows its age a bit. VIPAmbassador has touted on here how the rooms have been recently renovated. Okay, fine. Maybe so. But I suspect the renovation involved removing a lot of furniture and not replacing much of it ... or replacing it with cheesy furnishings (the "pleather" sofa in my suite was cheap looking).

Honestly, I'd rather stay at one of the two Hyatt Place properties in town or the Hyatt Regency north of town. How does a town the size of Albuquerque end of with so many Hyatt choices, anyhow?

1 Thank Ryan L
leclaire68,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. I offer my sincere apologies for not providing the level of customer service that you have come to expect as a Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond Member. Although we do not have a Regency Club Lounge, we offer our many Diamond Members other wonderful options and amenities. Coffee makers and refrigerators are always available upon request, We also have 3 additional food and beverage outlets: Starbucks, Forque Kitchen and Bar and HQue Lobby Lounge which we will happily provide you with a beverage selection.

The Hyatt Regency Albuquerque team members will continually work towards providing warm, caring service and exceeding your expectations.

Once again, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Please contact me directly so that I may personally look after your stay if your travel plans should bring you back to Albuquerque.
Alaska
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Hotel was nice - staff assisted me when I arrived before check-in, feeling tired. Sheets really cheap & scratchy - not in keeping with nice room. Shower had to run a long time for hot water - wasteful.

• Stayed January 2012
DEMETRIS A, VIP Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Alaskamojo:

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your business and value your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that our staff assisted at check-in and you felt the room was nice. However, I apologize that your bed sheets were scratchy. We have reduced the starch level when laundering our sheets. Also, our engineers have addressed the issue of the hot water taking a long time. We are a "green hotel" and have the same commitment to caring for the earth as we do to caring for our guests.

It is always our goal to exceed your expectations. We sincerely hope to see you again and look forward to your return.