“So so” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Charleston, Illinois
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hyatt's tend to be a higher end hotel that provides many services for their guests. My problem with these hotels is that for the elevated price you pay, many of these services should complementary. You can't offer free wifi? No fridge. Really! This Hyatt was clean and well organized, but the floor I was on had some dated issues. Overall a decent stay. If this stay was on my dime I'd be down the street at another place.
One last thought worth mentioning. Evidently this Hyatt is located in a part of ABQ that attracts vagrants or patrons they'd like to keep out. One two occasions I experienced police involvement with these people on the Hyatt premises. One of these incidences happened right in front of me involving strong language and handcuffs. Not what I was looking for with my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
xtalguy_11:

Thank you for staying with us. Major renovations are occurring around the hotel. We value our guest's safety and provide 24-hour security as well as a close alliance with the City's law enforcement. We will also be experiencing a rejuvenating room makeover within the near future.

Please know that complimentary Wi-fi is available throughout the main lobby and also to our Platinum and Diamond Gold Passport members. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations in all areas.

Oonce again, thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Byron Center, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff is very nice but the hotel is in need of renovation. When I walked into my room, the sink appeared to be dirty but they were water stains. Whenever I turned the sink water on, there was a foul smell that came up from the pipes. Made brushing the teeth a bit disgusting. Who wants to smell sewer like aromas when attempting to clean up? The bed and pillows were comfortable and the gym facilities were good. The restaurant The Forque is delicious but needs consistency in presentation.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear mrsadiaz:

We appreciate and value your comments as guest satisfaction is our number one priority. I assure you we have taken your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. We will begin the renovation process Fall 2014 and invite you back to see our improvements. Thank you again for reviewing us.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

While I hate to pay for parking at hotels, sometimes at the nicer ones it's just something we must accept. What I like about this one is that the valet cost only slightly more than self parking! I'll self-park to Dave money usually, but this time I spoiled myself since it was not much more :)

The lobby is big, pretty, and has places to eat and a store. The store is part of the hotel and has some nice things. However, I refused to buy anything in there because they have a political novelty against one party (mine) and not the other. I don't mind if they have something for each one, its just funny then. But disparaging only one is patronage. It reflects on the hotel.

My room had an okay view. The bed and bedding was so comfy I really enjoyed my sleep. No wrenched back, yay! There was a good TV, and they seemed to save money on the furniture as it was nondescript but adequate. Fine by me, I only care about bed and tv anyway.

The only thing about the room that I didn't like was the smell of the water from the sink, smelled of rotten eggs. It was murder trying to brush my teeth. Also, it takes about 10-15 minutes for the hot water in the bath to reach a reasonable hot. If the room was super expensive, like most hotels of equal luxury, I would have been upset. But for the reasonable rate, I wouldn't complain and I'd do it again.

I am concerned about the stairwells though. Once you get in, you are locked in! If there was a fire, or if someone was chasing you to hurt you, it could be a problem. You don't realize before you go in. So I would avoid those.

Something I really liked was the hot tub. They have 2 smaller ones instead of a big one! They are outside.

The hotel was near lots of restaurants, we were able to walk. It was a short drive to old town.

• Stayed May 2014
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel with family and was thoroughly impressed with the customer service I received throughout my stay. The hotel, room, and staff quality lived up to the Hyatt Regency name. It would have been nice if they had a Regency club for Gold Passport members. Impressed with everything else.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room with city/mountain view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you, P D, for taking the time to write this review regarding our Excellent Customer Service. We consider feedback from our guests extremely valuable and appreciate your positive remarks and ratings. We hope you will have the opportunity to return to our property in the near future.
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just stayed at the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque for the second time, both stays purchased at Hotwire for a great rate. My first stay, in December 2013, was fantastic, great room, great service, great food! I didn't get why there were negative reviews on TripAdvisor. I just stayed again in May 2014 and now understand the reviews.

The service at the Hyatt is outstanding and definitely the best front desk staff of any hotel in which I've stayed. That being said, the rest of the stay was like a Holiday Inn or any lower class hotel. Both of my stays were on floors that were higher, but I was almost at the top on this trip and the water pressure is low the higher you get.

Second, the coffee maker in my room did not work, and even if it had, I had to move it to another wall/desk in order to plug it in because there were no outlets where they have it set up.

Third, the "hotel book" that is in each room was missing the room service menu. The front desk had to send up a printed copy so I could order food. I would have thought they would send up a new book so this wouldn't happen in the future but nope.

The TV was very poor, not HD and the channels were lacking major networks such as TBS, USA, CW. If a hotel has flat screen TVs, I would expect them to have HD as well, especially somewhere like the Hyatt.

Finally, the bathroom is in major need of help. First there is little light in the shower. Second, the shower curtain I had in this room was falling apart and held together by pins in some places. One would think that when it gets that bad they would replace it.

If the manager happens to read this, when does the remodel start and end for the Hyatt? I would give it another chance after a remodel, but after this stay, I will be avoiding the Hyatt Regency in Albuquerque when I travel through (which is about 4 times per year). There are better hotels for less money in Albuquerque.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris G
Dear Chris G:

Thank you for staying with us again and providing your invaluable feedback. Your comments have been addressed with our management team and we do hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Albuquerque. We will be experiencing a major rejuvenating makeover inside and outside of the hotel to include upgraded rooms. The outside transformation has started and room makeovers are not too far behind.

We strive to ensure all our guests expectations are not only met but exceeded. I sincerely hope you do consider revisiting our hotel in hthe future so we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence. Thank you again.
CHICAGO ILL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We got this hotel on Priceline. We bid 50 and got it! We read some bad reviews about it so we were a little worried. Benny at the desk helped us out. I told him the bad comments we read about the bad rooms and asked if we could have a nice room. He upgraded us to mountain view room. It was a great room with a beautiful view. Super nice of Benny to do that. The hotel is a 4 star hotel, even if it is rated 3. The bell boy came a minute after we called him. The have valet or self park, 26per night. Nice store too. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear PATTIB113:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and mentioning Benny. We are so delighted you enjoyed the mountain view room and took advantage of either the $16 self-park or $20 valet experience. Your feedback is extremely valuable and we appreciate your positive remarks and ratings. We hope to see you in the near future.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Well we had a little trouble finding the place. The hotel is not exactly where the it was shown on the rental car map. Once we got their, it was a nice place. Nice lobby and rooms. The bar area was nice but really slow. We had a couple cosmos at the bar and cha-ching. Not cheap. The concierge was nice even if a bit chatty, but very helpful. All in all, very nice. Enjoy!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Calvin D
Dear Calvin D:

Sounds like you had a great stay with us! We appreciate your remarks and for choosing us. See you soon!