“Pay for parking, big, convention-like, won't stay again”

Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Durango, Colorado
“Pay for parking, big, convention-like, won't stay again”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a large hotel downtown that would be better for conference attendees or someone with business in downtown ABQ. It was hard to find, hard to figure out where parking was and then I got a little lost in the hotel itself. I was tired, but the front desk person wasn't very helpful. I was also surprised that I had to pay $16-$20 for parking. Also, some of my outlets didn't work and the water was HOT. The roomservice was expensive with service fee and gratuity already included, but the server who delivered the food was very friendly and helpful. They need to add some signed inside the hotel to help guest find where parking is, room elevator, etc. Also there isn't much of another option, but the hotel pool is between all the downtown office buildings so you feel a bit on display. I likely won't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank travelingbugs8
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear travelingbugs8:

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Duke City and providing your feedback. Although we are one of the city's premier meeting and convention hotel located directly across from the Albuquerque Convention Center, we believe that we are also a great family hotel. We value you as our guest and would certainly never want to leave you with a poor impression.

Your comments have been reviewed with our management team and associates in order to make improvements for a more positive experience. We do hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you travel to Albuquerque. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014

As someone who almost always stays at Hilton Hotels, I decided to mix up my strategy and stay a few blocks closer to downtown Albuquerque at the Hyatt Regency the past week. I am glad to have been able to have been taken care of by such a wonderfully hospital staff, especially the hospitality associate Taylr, who is a credit to this hotel. Though I was out with friends most of the night, it was great to come back to a well appointed high-floor room that faced the expansive vistas of Albuquerque's adjacent landscapes. I had no issues with any aspect of this hotel and am glad to recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
John A:

Thank you for recognizing Taylr's high level of personal service during your stay with us. At our hotel, our renowned service, amenities and downtown location makes us the ideal choice for business travelers, vacationers and conferences.

Once again, thank you for providing positive remarks about your time at our hotel. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My stay here was overall ok. The upside: the pool area was nice. The downside: they really need to update and take care of their rooms. When we first arrived we noticed that the room smelled bad and the toilet was running. The clothes iron was broken, there was no hairdryer, and both phones were broken. Maintenance was called several times to fix the phone and toilet issues. At time of check out, we mentioned these problems and were only given a simple "sorry to hear that." I also agree with other reviews that for the price of a room at a Hyatt services that are often complementary (ie, wifi, parking, etc) should be included. For the price I paid I expected much more than what we got.

Room Tip: Avoid the 7th floor, which used to be the smoking floor. It still smells.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mary S
Mary S:

Thank you for taking time out to post your review about your stay. Our management team has addressed your comments in order to make improvements for a more positive experience. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations in all areas.

We strive to continually improve our guest experience and do hope you’ll consider staying with us again when your travels bring you back to Albuquerque. Thank you once again for writing.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hyatt's tend to be a higher end hotel that provides many services for their guests. My problem with these hotels is that for the elevated price you pay, many of these services should complementary. You can't offer free wifi? No fridge. Really! This Hyatt was clean and well organized, but the floor I was on had some dated issues. Overall a decent stay. If this stay was on my dime I'd be down the street at another place.
One last thought worth mentioning. Evidently this Hyatt is located in a part of ABQ that attracts vagrants or patrons they'd like to keep out. One two occasions I experienced police involvement with these people on the Hyatt premises. One of these incidences happened right in front of me involving strong language and handcuffs. Not what I was looking for with my stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
xtalguy_11:

Thank you for staying with us. Major renovations are occurring around the hotel. We value our guest's safety and provide 24-hour security as well as a close alliance with the City's law enforcement. We will also be experiencing a rejuvenating room makeover within the near future.

Please know that complimentary Wi-fi is available throughout the main lobby and also to our Platinum and Diamond Gold Passport members. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and sincerely apologize that we were unable to exceed your expectations in all areas.

Oonce again, thank you for your comments.
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The staff is very nice but the hotel is in need of renovation. When I walked into my room, the sink appeared to be dirty but they were water stains. Whenever I turned the sink water on, there was a foul smell that came up from the pipes. Made brushing the teeth a bit disgusting. Who wants to smell sewer like aromas when attempting to clean up? The bed and pillows were comfortable and the gym facilities were good. The restaurant The Forque is delicious but needs consistency in presentation.

• Stayed May 2014
DEMETRIS A, Excellence Ambassador at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear mrsadiaz:

We appreciate and value your comments as guest satisfaction is our number one priority. I assure you we have taken your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. We will begin the renovation process Fall 2014 and invite you back to see our improvements. Thank you again for reviewing us.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

While I hate to pay for parking at hotels, sometimes at the nicer ones it's just something we must accept. What I like about this one is that the valet cost only slightly more than self parking! I'll self-park to Dave money usually, but this time I spoiled myself since it was not much more :)

The lobby is big, pretty, and has places to eat and a store. The store is part of the hotel and has some nice things. However, I refused to buy anything in there because they have a political novelty against one party (mine) and not the other. I don't mind if they have something for each one, its just funny then. But disparaging only one is patronage. It reflects on the hotel.

My room had an okay view. The bed and bedding was so comfy I really enjoyed my sleep. No wrenched back, yay! There was a good TV, and they seemed to save money on the furniture as it was nondescript but adequate. Fine by me, I only care about bed and tv anyway.

The only thing about the room that I didn't like was the smell of the water from the sink, smelled of rotten eggs. It was murder trying to brush my teeth. Also, it takes about 10-15 minutes for the hot water in the bath to reach a reasonable hot. If the room was super expensive, like most hotels of equal luxury, I would have been upset. But for the reasonable rate, I wouldn't complain and I'd do it again.

I am concerned about the stairwells though. Once you get in, you are locked in! If there was a fire, or if someone was chasing you to hurt you, it could be a problem. You don't realize before you go in. So I would avoid those.

Something I really liked was the hot tub. They have 2 smaller ones instead of a big one! They are outside.

The hotel was near lots of restaurants, we were able to walk. It was a short drive to old town.

• Stayed May 2014
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel with family and was thoroughly impressed with the customer service I received throughout my stay. The hotel, room, and staff quality lived up to the Hyatt Regency name. It would have been nice if they had a Regency club for Gold Passport members. Impressed with everything else.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room with city/mountain view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you, P D, for taking the time to write this review regarding our Excellent Customer Service. We consider feedback from our guests extremely valuable and appreciate your positive remarks and ratings. We hope you will have the opportunity to return to our property in the near future.