“Right off of Route 66! EXCELLENT VALUE!”
Review of Hotel Andaluz

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #8 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I loved this place! The trip was planned to visit Santa Fe; however, I loved ABQ so much more! I arrived well after midnight on the weekend after flying more than 8 hours and from the valet parking, to the staff bringing up our luggage, to providing the phone numbers for a local delivery restaurant, I couldn’t have been more accommodated. The room was on the 10th floor, which I would recommend a high floor for the view of the city and the neon lights of Route 66. The room had this quaint old safe built into the wall (inoperable but reflected the historic aspect of the hotel) The hotel is “green” which fits perfectly with the preservation theme. The room features bathrobes, refrigerator, coffee maker, and refillable toiletries. There is a club/bar on the rooftop and I wish I was awake enough to enjoy upon my arrival but next time! It really seemed fun! I traveled with my sister for a "girl's weekend" and only stayed one night and traveled on up to Santa Fe but upon hindsight we should have stayed in ABQ. This hotel was 45% less than the inn in Santa Fe and totally equal in service and site plus ABQ was livelier (Santa Fe is very quiet) The value received at this hotel is by far one of the best I have experienced. You absolutely cannot get more for your travel dollar. For equal experiences I have paid amongst triple at other inns. If you are visiting northern New Mexico I would recommend staying in ABQ at Hotel Andaluz and traveling the Turquoise Trail for a day trip and returning to ABQ to enjoy the nightlife. If you have an appreciation for historic structures which have been totally renovated you will also fall in love with the Hotel Andaluz.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor to view the neon lights of Route 66
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Dear LauraUSC,
Thank you for your kind review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit and had the chance to appreciate all the small details that give our hotel its character. We're looking forward to your next stay, and next time around we will be expecting to see you in Ibiza too!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Beautiful big rooms. Nice sheets. My wife loved this place. It's right on the old Route 66 - you can cruise down Central Avenue and check out all the old remaining R66 places. Some of them look like they've barely made it to this day.

But back to the hotel. Use the valet parking because it's the cheapest and fun to have valet parking. There is a nice library inside the artist where a film crew was hanging out and throwing around words like "we chased Ewan Macgregor"... We drank a happy hour beer at the outdoor cafe where a guy was singing. He sang really well, luckily. A lot of people dressed much better than me showed up to hang out.

I rate this hotel the best I've stayed in New Mexico. I'd stay here at any time. Oh yes, they also have a "green" policy, which is really cool too. The only bad thing I have to say is that I could not find any complimentary coffee in the morning and I am a coffee addict. They did have free lemonade.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Dear IMAdventures,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. I apologize that we neglected to advise we do offer complimentary coffee in the morning in our lobby from 5am-11am and have coffee makers for guest rooms upon request. We are glad to hear however, you had a great time and had the opportunity to visit and enjoy the hotel outlets, you never know who you will run into around here!
Thank you again for your time, we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted at the front door by the valet service who took care of parking the car. The check-in is taken care of in an office off the lobby which allows you to sit down and check in. We had heard that there was not coffee in the room and when we inquired they offered to bring a coffee maker to the room. After checking in the person who checked us in walked us to the elevator and pointed out some of the items in the lobby.

The room was excellent... It's the little things that catch your attention such as; double sinks outside the shower area, easily accessible plugs on the desk; bathrobes; dressing area with drawers and lots of hanging space; a phone by the bedside and a cordless phone on the desk; a round settee at the end of the bed for sitting; sofa and chair;

They delivered the coffee maker as promised. The rooftop lounge was quite nice for a before dinner cocktail and an after dinner nightcap.

The only complaint was that the noise from the rooftop lounge woke us. I advise staying away from the NE corner of the hotel. We also left our in room breakfast request on the door and when it didn't arrive at the requested time I checked and found the request still on the door.

All in all a very nice hotel in the middle of everything in downtown Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Stay away from the NE corner as the rooftop lounge can get noisy at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Dear Marc L,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and had the opportunity to take advantage of all the amenities the hotel has to offer. I do however, apologize for the snags in your visit as this is not indicative of our usual high standards of service. Please feel free to contact me at 505.242.9090 or if email is more convenient, msanchez@hotelandaluz.com for any future stays with us. It will be my pleasure to assist and ensure your next visit is pleasurable. Thank you again for your time, we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

The rooms are quite lovely! Very clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and we had great service all around. I love a "green" hotel and this met my standards (I mean, why have all hotels developed refillable toilitries? I hate opening a hand soap for a few washes of the hands, knowing it will wind up in the trash a few hours later. This has to be cheaper for the hotels too?)

There is a club/bar on the rooftop. Seems fun, but our room was pretty loud at 11pm on the 5th floor. Luckily we were tired and nodded off quickly.

I also found their "safety" warnings really odd. A page in their hotel directory was dedicated to watching my back and surroundings to stay safe. Am I missing something here? Why do I need to be paranoid. I have an aversion to the culture of fear, so this stood out to me. Perhaps other patrons may see this and think the hotel isn't safe, bit I certainly didn't feel that way.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A couple of friends and I stayed here for a night during a Girl's Getaway weekend. It is located perfectly for walking around down-town. The rooftop bar, Ibiza was awesome! As I'm picky when it comes to cocktails I didn't see anything on the drink menu that sounded appealing. The bartender asked what flavors I liked and then hooked it up! Awesome!

Parking is valet only, and there was not even a suggestion of help with luggage... or the door for that matter. However that was the only negative thing I have to say. The room was beautiful, clean and the bed a little slice of heaven! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear TravelinBoop,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are thrilled to hear your girl's getaway was a success!
I would welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experience with our valet department, as this is not indicative of our usual high standards of customer service. Please feel free to contact me at 505.242.9090 or if email is more convenient msanchez@hotelandaluz.com
I look forward to hearing back from you and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I have usually stayed at the Park Central in Albuquerque, which I love, but this time they were sold out so I thought I'd try the Andaluz. I like the fact that the Andaluz is in a more walkable area. I did miss the breakfasts at the Park Central and the charm. The Andaluz must have been fairly recently remodeled. The lobby is interesting. almost like a Turkish mosque, dark. Instead fo a reception desk you are guidied to an office where the receptionists sit behind desks. The free coffee is hard to find, in a bar off the lobby. The rooms are nice; we were upgraded to a larger room , but it was unfortunately right above the outdoor bar. "View room" is a bit of an exaggeration as there is an office building in front of the mountain range. The closed window did dim much of the music from below. All in all, a pleasant stay. I don't know if I'll go back to the Park Central next time as I do prefer being within the City.

Room Tip: 409 is above the bar, so s bit noisy. The music stopped on Friday at sundown, SAturday it went on lo...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Monica S, Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2013

Dear vamanos,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You are correct about the remodel. We opened as Hotel Andaluz in October 2009. We are glad to hear you have a new favorite place when you are in town and only hope to see you more frequently!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I have stayed in the Andaluz twice, each time for Cinco de Mayo weekend. It is fun and festive without being overwhelming in terms of noise and rowdiness. The best bar in the area is in this hotel, with a great open air deck with fireplace and canopies.

I am happy to stay there again and the rates are very reasonable for the quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear shelandi,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoy your visit every time you are here. We hope to continue to see you back!