“PARADISE”

Hotel Andaluz
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Johnathan and Margo are the best ... So nice and polite and just really nice.. I stayed over the thanksgiving holiday and it was great.. Love the vibe of the facility.. Very clean and neat and the staff was great.. Love the dwntwn location close to great food and a 5star gym.. I will be staying again when I come to abq..I highly recommend this place...

• Stayed: November 2013
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Who says you can't find paradise in Albuquerque! We appreciate your thoughtful words about Johnathan and Margo too, They are truly two of the best in the business! Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I've stayed in this hotel several times and am never disappointed. The entire staff, from front desk and valet to room service and technicians, is incredibly helpful and attentive. They always take great measures to make my stay comfortable and accommodate my needs. The decor is beautiful and the atmosphere is relaxed. Whenever I return to Albuquerque, Hotel Andaluz will remain my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

It would appear that you had a positive experience from start to finish! Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. We appreciate the positive remarks about our team as well. We feel we have an exceptional staff of guest service professionals, who really care about you having a great time. Thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful decor and great as a party venue. The bar on the roof of the hotel is the perfect hang out spot!! The ambianthece and hospitality were outstanding. Very friendly staff! The night we were there they had some live music and you can just sit there and listen.

• Stayed: November 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts. Nice, elegant and comfortable would be my idea of a good night too!. Don't be a stranger. Come back and visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I love the atmosphere of the Andaluz. The people are friendly and the service is excellent. But the most fantastic part is the claw foot bathtub. My old, arthritic joints just love the way you can really soak. It is so deep that my husband has to help me out of it. I feel soooo good after a good soak. The rooms are huge and comfortable. A little trouble getting the room to cool off the first night but after that it was excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure you aksed them to adjust the thermostat to a temperature that is comfortable for you well...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are so delighted that you enjoyed one of my personal favorites, the Romance Suite King. A beautifully decorated room with exceptional amenities, including the famous claw foot tub.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Really nice boutique hotel that is well decorated and very convenient for tourists to all the places you want to visit. Restaurant downstairs is good and serves tapas nice entrees. Cocktails were very good. Rooms are small but workable and the bathroom had a nice glass shower. Not as well done as a lot of boutique hotels but for the price was a reasonable alternative. The library is really nice and has a surprising collection of books that are very high quality. Wireless is free to your room. On the weekends there is live music in the lobby and the nights I was there there was a top great singer accompanied with a guitarist. Parking is about 16 bucks a night at the outdoor parking lot next door (valet parked). That seemed a little high compared to other hotels.

Room Tip: corner room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
andaluzmgmt, Front Office Manager at Hotel Andaluz, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback and we're glad you enjoyed your stay! Here at the Andaluz, we have twelve different room types in various sizes available to match any space or budget desires. Let us know the next time you're planning a trip to the ABQ, and we'll be glad to explain your options!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hotel Andaluz' exceptional cuisine and their lobby's breathtaking Moorish-Spanish décor with casbah booths, fountains and wall art make this boutique hotel an actual destination. One cautionary note - check your reservation. Without notifying me, I was downgraded from a confirmed king size room to a queen.
The next day, a colleague mentioned that they had downgraded him from a king to a queen and asked me to check to see if that had happened to me. When I realized this was in fact the case, I brought it to the attention of the staff. They acknowledged that they had downgraded me and would not be able to upgrade me until the last night of my four-night stay there. To make up for it they gave me a complimentary breakfast and a discount on my room.
There is a huge difference between the queen and king size rooms, more space, better décor and amenities. Overall this is a charming, exquisite hotel.

Room Tip: The queen size rooms are very cramped and often don't have a view. If possible, ask for a king s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Wind1walker

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and positive comments about our hotel. We apologize for you being downgraded to a smaller sized bed. That should not have happened, and we will take the appropriate steps to make sure that does not not happen in the future. We appreciate your business and hope that you will visit us again in the future!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I would like to compliment the EXCELLENT guest welcoming team at Hotel Andaluz! Frankie, Pamela and Natalie are the best hotel team in Albuquerque! I would ask that their boss give them a raise for excellence in customer service!! I am a frequent business traveler to Albuquerque from Phoenix and Hotel Andaluz is by far the best and highest class hotel in Albuquerque. It is the hotel I prefer to stay at while on business in Albuquerque. I have stayed at Hotel Parq Central, Hotel Albuquerque and the Hyatt Regency and none reach the high standards of Hotel Andaluz in amenities, location and customer service. The hotel ambience is second to none in the city. The lobby is magnificent and exudes a hip/modern New Mexican style and the valet and restaurant staff inside are immediately ready to serve. The rooms are extremely comfortable and include spacious work centers which I greatly appreciate. Room service is quick and professional and serves every need and the food is delicious! Especially breakfast! I love the hotel's location downtown close to fantastic restaurants like the Grove or the bar scene and near enough to the freeway for my business travels or to the airport. Best of all, I love to take advantage of the free pass received for access to the gym across the street! I like to be able to workout at a decent gym away from home and this is a great amenity and is a factor in my stay for convenience! Last but not least, the customer service team makes the stay! On arrival at my last stay, Frankie the new guest services representative exhibited perfect service! She made me feel extremely welcome through her actions, especially in thanking me for my business. What a professional!! I am very happy she has joined the team! On departure, Pamela and Natalie were again models of perfect guest service professionals. I even got confused about the check out time and Pamela was very understanding when she called my room. Natalie and Pamela were also excellent during my many past stays and more than accommodating and patient with my requests! I commend them! Finally, I would once again like to thank Hotel Andaluz for being the highest class and best model of luxury, location and customer service in Albuquerque! Thank you Frankie, Pamela and Natalie! Keep up the good work! I always leave Andaluz in a good mood! I will definitely recommend this hotel to fellow business travelers and vacationers alike! I look forward to my next stay!

Yours Truly,

Emmett W.
Phoenix, AZ

Room Tip: Just ask Frankie, Pamela or Natalie about room recommendations and the like and they will be more th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

We are delighted that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for taking the time and sharing your thoughts in detail. It means a great deal when members of our team are singled out. We will definitely share our appreciation with them. Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday season.