“The Worst I Have Experienced”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - I-40 - San Mateo
Ranked #102 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
New Mexico
“The Worst I Have Experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2007

The room rate on the internet was $69.00 the sign on the hotel said "rooms from $39.95" Not a good start. The first room was missing the television, there was a coffee pot that had not been emptied and electrical outlets that did not work. The front desk did not know they were missing a TV. The second room had a coffee pot and a TV, the remote didn't work. The staff couldn't fix that. The upper level floors creak so bad it is impossible to sleep when the guests upstairs walk around the rooms until 1AM. The third room had a TV and remote that worked however the coffee pot did not fit the coffee maker. All three rooms were grungy with a moldy smell. The microwave in the breakfast room didn't work and we were not able to order a movie. No one on the front desk in the evenings was willing or able to fix any of these problems. This was the absolute worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Stayed November 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2007

This in one of the older ones. I had room 210, it was pretty dirty, hairs all over the toilet, and sink. But I was tired and meeting friends, so I just let it go.

The next morning, the shower did not work and had little hot hot water. I took a cold bath and had to squat down in the tub. Fun, that early in the morning. I did not even bother going to the front desk.

Some of the newer ones in other locations might be better, but I am off La Qunita for a while anyway!!!

This one is at 2424 San Mateo.

Stayed September 2007

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

new jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2007

My stay at this motel would have been much better had the keys worked properly. The internet worked well, the room was clean, and the location off the highway/minutes from downtown was nice. And that's about it. The keys for all the rooms are old pieces of plastic with little holes punched in them. You put the key in, open the door, and then remove it. The first time I used it, it was fine, but then failed to work after that. The girl had to re-issue the key by adjusting something inside the door and re-punching new holes in the plastic. She even said that room had problems before with keys (then why has it not been fixed?). The next morning, I tried to use my new key and it did the same thing. I went back to the front desk and the man said I could switch rooms. He said he didn't know why they hadn't switched to regular magnetic keys and it wasn't just me who had problems with them. The maintenance guy had to let me in with the master key and I moved my stuff to the room next door. It was a hassle not only because I shouldn't have had to worry about it in the first place, but also because I have been on the road for a month and had a month's worth of luggage with me. The guy said he has to fix keys all the time and it's a recurring problem - same as the girl the previous night. When I spoke to the front desk manager the morning of my check-out, she was completely unsympathetic, did not even offer an apology or anything else, and said she didn't know why there was a problem with the key because there were never any problems (then why would the rest of the staff say there were?).

• Liked — Clean room, nice area
  • Disliked — Getting shut out of my room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2007

I think this place has improved since the last reviews in 2004. I was
assigned this La Quinta via a bid on Priceline of $32 per night. This
place usually charges around $75 a night, though. I think they have remodeled the rooms here, since my room (228) had relatively new carpet, and everything in the room had just a general attractive appearance. The free breakfast was quite good; they had hot and cold cereal, bagels and cream cheese, yogurt, apples and oranges, plus coffee and juice. It only lasts until 9 a.m. Monday thru Friday, but until 10 a.m. on weekends. If you stay here, it's important to get a room in the back that doesn't face San Mateo Blvd., but away from the dumpster in the back corner that gets emptied early in the morning. The pool was dirty in early May, and I wonder when they'll make it ready for swimming. Denny's is right next door, and across the street is a shopping center with Boston Market, Starbucks, Circuit City, etc. Free wireless access and 25" color TV with cable. Noon checkout time! Overall I liked it, it's a nice step up from Motel 6 (although just like Motel 6, this La Quinta's room doors face the outside, so you can hear the maid's carts rolling by early in the morning. I rated this place 4 stars for the good value I got for $32 a night via Priceline. If I had paid the full $75 per night rate, I would have given it 3 stars probably.

• Liked — My remodeled room was nice for the price
  • Disliked — Everything was OK
  • Stayed May 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank maynard7
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2004

We have stayed here several times because they accept pets. It has gotten increasingly bad over the past couple of years. The room maintenance is not good. Our last visit, for example, our toilet overflowed from the first and they kept trying to just stop gap the problem, instead of letting us switch rooms. We asked and they said they were too full, but didn't appear to be.

Then our continental breakfast consisted of moldy muffins. We complained and they didn't seem overly concerned and were serving the same the next day.

Then the maid didn't clean our room. We complained and they said someone would while we were out to dinner. At 10:30 pm we arrived back and the room wasn't done. We complained and the night manager acted like it wasnt' a big deal and offered for us to get our own linens and do it.

The next morning (check out) we complained about all of this again to the day manager and she gave us a discount. Over all, I could not recommend someone staying here.

• Stayed October 2004
4 Thank Ally12
New England, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2004

We stayed in 2 rooms in this property.
Both were dirty, One had red stains on the bathroom door for 3 days! The remote was missing a battery. The carpet was stained right in front of the TV. The sink and tub didn't drain after using.
The bathtub was impossible to regulate temp.
The dumpster was emptied every day at 6:30 AM.
It sounded like the truck was coming in my room.
The desk staff was very pleasant, although I never saw the same person twice in 3 days.
The "Free Continental" breakfast consisted of frozen bagels and muffins and cereal. The coffee was good.
There should have been more fresh fruit

5 Thank NancyV