“Great place to stay”

Clovis, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 9 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2012

My long survey/review was based on LaQuinta Loveland Colorado, which is a four-year old hotel and very, very nice. San Mateo is an older motel, but nicely kept up. Staff could make some rounds and clean up rugs in front of doors. City park is next to building for walking pets, but the City doesn't keep up the park very well. I did a some cleanup while I was walking my little dog because there was glass on the pathway. One reason we try to stay at the LaQuintas is because they are pet-friendly and it behooves each of us pet owners to clean up after our animals. LaQuinta is doing us a big favor by allowing pets. Most motels/hotels don't do that unless you pay a hefty pet fee.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This location was very clean and well-kept. The beds were so comfy! The tv had relaxation channels set up for the ocean, the rainforest, or a river; my sister and I found those to be helpful with inducing sleep after a long day. For the most part, noise from other hotel guests was at a minimum. The only complaint is that the noise was a little loud on our last morning as our room was right next to the dumpster and the garbage men came at 8:00 - but I understand that the hotel cannot fix that problem.

The continental breakfast is what is to be expected: cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee/tea, pre-packaged muffins/bagels, and oatmeal. Nothing fancy but everything was clean and properly maintained.

We walked by the pool but didn't swim. We didn't see anyone else swimming either. However, the pool was open and the water was clear.

The local restaurant is a Fuddruckers. I was not impressed with the meal. However, there were plenty of other restaurants within walking distance including an Applebee's and an Ihop.

I would stay here again if the opportunity arose.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the trash dumpster out front so you avoid a rude awakening
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I would recommend this La Quinta. The staff are friendly, the hotel is well maintained, and the property is easy on/off from the interstate.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The rooms were clean and good service. The only thing that bothered me was, there were two vehicles, two different time periods in the morning, 3:30am and 4:45am, that parked outside my room and were either taking naps or just sitting in their vehicles. I was curious why they parked and not going to a room. Kept me up until they left about 15 to 30 minutes later. Worried they were scoping vehicles to break in.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo