“The "GHETTO EXPERIENCE"”

La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Northeast
Ranked #60 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta on San Antonio Dr. in Albuquerque N.M the 17-19 of June. I was driving a car I had just purchased in Phoenix home to Denver. There was a late night party at the pool the first night. Went on until around 11:30 P: M pool is supposed to close at 10:00 P: M. The next night much bigger party, much louder, more people, more alcohol, more noise. The security guard went to pool at 10:00 told them it was “closing time” walked away even though none of them had made a move to leave. The party went on until about 1:00 A: M.
I went out to my new car about 3:30 A:M to start loading it up as I had decided not to stay because I was not getting any sleep due to noise and discovered a big dent on my car, a slew of beer cans next to it. It was parked in a space that only two cars could park in. It was parked all the way on the curb yet they still managed to get in between bushes to put dent in it.
I filed a complaint, was told it was being processed by the claims division 2 ½ weeks ago and have heard nothing since.
I told the desk clerk about all of this before I even left that morning. I gave detailed descriptions of her and the security guard. Yet the best they ‘came through with” was a $15.00 credit off of my bill! It will cost ME at least $500.00 to repair dent. My advice… go across the street to the Hilton. Same price no “GHETTO” ambiance!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had a last minute web booking to the LQ in Albequerque and checked in at midnight. The attendant had a laptop with Coast to Coast radio show blaring on the floor behind the counter. The room was dusty and dull but quiet enough to sleep. The breakfast bar had all the elements but was lack lustre and the fruit unappealing. The coffee machine was taped over with masking tape and the coffee was putrid. I extended my stay by another night due to necessity and reswiped my key at the front desk. That day they did not clean my room nor give me new towels or soap or coffee etc so i called the desk who said oh well the cleaning staff are gone. At check out I mentioned the dirty room and the lady's reply was "oh well you got checked in by her" and pointed at her coworker at the breakfast bar so that explains a lot. Then she billed me only one night. when I said no I was here two nights, she said, oh well the computer says only one just take it. I again said "I'd like to pay" and she said just go. Yikes!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey C
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great location, great price, great room. Right across from Cracker Barrel and close to the freeway. Will definitely stay here again. Flat screen tv, fridge in room, and bed was very comfortable. The swimming pool was clean and the breakfast included waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and juices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
El Paso, Texas, USA
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This La Quinta was recommended by local residents and they were right on the money with it. Newly renovated, it was bright, clean, comfortable and the bedding was exceptional. I felt as if I were sleeping in a 5 star hotel bed - high thread count sheets and wonderful mattress and pillows. Breakfast had everything one would desire; all the food was fresh and tasty. The staff was so pleasant and helpful. When the TV was not working in my room, someone came immediately and fixed the loose cable wire and she did this with a smile. I'll certainly stay ere again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Silver City, New Mexico, USA
Reviewed 17 June 2013

The location was perfect. walking distance from mall and restaurants. right off the interstate . Noise level was minimal.. breakfast was hot.Hotel staff were friendly and courteous. We didn't have any problems with noise from interstate or train.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed by the pool close to our parking spot. Best value and most comfort this trip. Beds were comfortable, the rooms were well maintained. Everything was great. No additional charge for our pet. Good restaurants close by. Slightly off the main highway but for the value and comfort, we will gladly make a slight detour. I stayed at 6 hotels this trip and are finding La Quintas the best value and reasonably high standards. There pet policies are excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple