“The perfect stop.”

Ranked #63 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Oswego, New York
“The perfect stop.”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean and the pool was cool. The service people were helpful and friendly. The cost was reasonable and there were two restaurants within walking distance I would stay here again. The Continental breakfast was adequate to get you on the road at an early time

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A year ago in June, we went up to Albuquerque for my son's wedding and stayed at this hotel. Our entire stay was fantastic so we decided to stay there this year over the 4th of July weekend while visiting our new grandson. What a difference a year can make! Here is how bad this hotel has gotten, we requested a room on the first floor since we my dad is handicapped and can't climb stairs but they assigned us 2 rooms upstairs. On that note, my sister called the night before our arrival to confirm our request and was told it was a done deal.
Throughout the night, we were surrounded by hookers and Johns and the smell of marijuana lingered throughout the night.
After our all day outing, we returned to our room to find it like we left it. When I went and asked the office why our room hadn't been cleaned and was told the maids report stated that a do not disturb sign was left on the door so that's why she didn't enter. I then asked him why that do not disturb sign was inside the room and not on the outside of the door, he didn't know how to respond. Instead of taking corrective actions, he went to the back and brought me some towels.
The next morning I went to the lobby for breakfast and was told by the attendant named Beverly that it was already closed. When I responded by asking what time it closed and she said 10 am. I looked at my cell phone clock and it read 9:55. When I politely asked her if I could get a cup of OJ in order to take my pills she said "NO" and kept on picking up Another gentleman who was standing next to me reached for a cup of cereal and Beverly reached across the counter and grabbed the bowl from his hand and rudely told him it was already closed. I had to stop the madness so I told her it wasn't 10 o'clock yet and she said it was on her watch. If I was the manager on duty, I would have fired her on the spot.
That same night, upon arrival to the hotel, we pulled up to the parking lot only to find very limited parking because an 18 wheeler was parked across 10 parking spaces on the parking row closest to the hotel. It was extremely obvious that anyone working in the lobby would have noticed this large truck pulling up and would have asked them to park away from the hotel so the other guests could have a place to park.
Lastly, when it was time to check out, I mentioned all my concerns to the lady at the front desk and she acted as if it didn't matter to her and continued to proceed with the check out. No sense of ownership and bad customer service again.
With all this said, I highly DO NOT recommend staying at this hotel unless you plan to solicit a hooker or have the need to smoke weed. I will never again stay at this hotel and probably never stay at another La Quinta ever again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank R0cMan
Branson, Missouri
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This place does not have any standard. Our room was horrible and we complained to the man at the main dest and he said "Leave"!(and no refund)REALLY! I did write a letter (it was hard to find out how to do this) and did get a response. He said that we would get a certificate for a free stay at another LaQuinta at another time. But we never received it and when I called and told them, they said, OK-we will send you another(?) one, but not again(?).In other words, we really had to WORK for the free night. It was like we were lying about not receiving the certificate.
We like LaQunita and this is the only one we have had a terrible experience.

Room Tip: Do not use this facility-it is run down and poorly managed.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta on San Antonio Dr. in Albuquerque N.M the 17-19 of June. I was driving a car I had just purchased in Phoenix home to Denver. There was a late night party at the pool the first night. Went on until around 11:30 P: M pool is supposed to close at 10:00 P: M. The next night much bigger party, much louder, more people, more alcohol, more noise. The security guard went to pool at 10:00 told them it was “closing time” walked away even though none of them had made a move to leave. The party went on until about 1:00 A: M.
I went out to my new car about 3:30 A:M to start loading it up as I had decided not to stay because I was not getting any sleep due to noise and discovered a big dent on my car, a slew of beer cans next to it. It was parked in a space that only two cars could park in. It was parked all the way on the curb yet they still managed to get in between bushes to put dent in it.
I filed a complaint, was told it was being processed by the claims division 2 ½ weeks ago and have heard nothing since.
I told the desk clerk about all of this before I even left that morning. I gave detailed descriptions of her and the security guard. Yet the best they ‘came through with” was a $15.00 credit off of my bill! It will cost ME at least $500.00 to repair dent. My advice… go across the street to the Hilton. Same price no “GHETTO” ambiance!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I had a last minute web booking to the LQ in Albequerque and checked in at midnight. The attendant had a laptop with Coast to Coast radio show blaring on the floor behind the counter. The room was dusty and dull but quiet enough to sleep. The breakfast bar had all the elements but was lack lustre and the fruit unappealing. The coffee machine was taped over with masking tape and the coffee was putrid. I extended my stay by another night due to necessity and reswiped my key at the front desk. That day they did not clean my room nor give me new towels or soap or coffee etc so i called the desk who said oh well the cleaning staff are gone. At check out I mentioned the dirty room and the lady's reply was "oh well you got checked in by her" and pointed at her coworker at the breakfast bar so that explains a lot. Then she billed me only one night. when I said no I was here two nights, she said, oh well the computer says only one just take it. I again said "I'd like to pay" and she said just go. Yikes!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Great location, great price, great room. Right across from Cracker Barrel and close to the freeway. Will definitely stay here again. Flat screen tv, fridge in room, and bed was very comfortable. The swimming pool was clean and the breakfast included waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee, and juices.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This La Quinta was recommended by local residents and they were right on the money with it. Newly renovated, it was bright, clean, comfortable and the bedding was exceptional. I felt as if I were sleeping in a 5 star hotel bed - high thread count sheets and wonderful mattress and pillows. Breakfast had everything one would desire; all the food was fresh and tasty. The staff was so pleasant and helpful. When the TV was not working in my room, someone came immediately and fixed the loose cable wire and she did this with a smile. I'll certainly stay ere again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends