“Quiet, clean, east access to city”

La Quinta Inn Albuquerque Northeast
Ranked #60 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Salida, Colorado
“Quiet, clean, east access to city”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is an older La Quinta, but it is well maintained and very clean. The beds are comfortable enough and the rooms are quiet if you get rooms that are not near the pool or on the north and east sides of the hotel, away from the street and freeway. I've stayed here 3 times and will return again.

Room Tip: Ask for back side or east side for quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Maryland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Booked my room for 9 nights during the Balloon Fiesta. Ended up with a room on the lower level on the backside of the hotel.
Pros: easy access to I-25 and Paseo, linens were very clean and looked pretty new, room was clean when I first got there, although a bit dated, decent water pressure in the shower, and almost instant hot water. Mattress was comfortable (brought my own pillow as I usually find hotel pillows to be too soft). Although my room was close to I-25, it wasn't very noisy. Limited TV channels but they had HGTV and Food Network and at least it wasn't all sports and cable news. Checkin clerks were friendly and somewhat efficient (the people in front of me had all kinds of questions about Fiesta).
Cons: WiFi was completely undependable (didn't matter if it was 4:30 am or 6 pm) in my room, both the lobby and my room smelled musty (kept door open while I unpacked and picked up an air freshener which seemed to help), NO fridge in my room, maid service on some days appeared to be only to make the bed and replace towels as I noticed on more than one occassion that neither the sink or shower had been wiped down (the spilled makeup was a dead giveaway) and the dirt from my boots was still on the floor another day. No fitness center and the streets by the hotel are not made for jogging (San Antonio and the I-25 frontage road) due to traffic and no sidewalks. The "recliner" in my room had a dirty/greasy looking headrest and arms so I never sat in it.
Overall - this place is fine if you're passing thru and just need a bed and hot shower for a night or two and don't plan on being in the room alot. I wouldn't stay here for multiple days in a row again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank michmill
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Given that this location is only two star, I don't have the highest of expectations. I picked it because I needed a bed for the night and it served its purpose, being the cheapest place around. Pluses, cheap, good beds, right off I-25 but you could not hear it and friendly staff. Also pet friendly, free wifi and a reasonable breakfast. Minuses, could be a little cleaner, the hotel is showing its age. Entry is exterior, which was not good since it was pouring rain. Also, I could hear the people next door talking about their iPads. Overall, we would overnight again, if the price was right.

Room Tip: If you go through the LQ website and select AAA rate (if you are members), you get a very good rate.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bssc
Masticator
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Older hotel. Not bad and not great. Room was clean. Dog friendly a major plusRefrigerator placement was a bit odd, in the middle of doorway traffic flow. My dad likes this location for the proximity to his car. He walks with a cane and its nice to be parked close to his room. The low review is due to the rate fluctuation. I realize hotels maximize their rates. However, when we booked a room for one night at one rate and then needed to stay an additional day, the rate increased. This was based on availability according to the gentleman who answered the phone at the front desk. So I called, stating that I was driving in to Albuquerque, looking for a room, and requested the rate. The price had decreased from the original quote, same parameters, by almost $10. This was an AARP discounted rate. Not sure whats up with this, but usually if you're staying at a hotel with an average room rate of $58, you're not made of cash. My dad definitely isn't but its important to him to pay his own way and this location is in a safe neighborhood. He was in town for doctor appointments at the VA. This was a big stretch for him financially. Ideas for improvement? Keep your rates consistent, especially for our seniors. We will definitely NOT patronize this establishment again due to the front desk man's rude and decidedly unprofessional, tactless response. I've traveled enough that I know when I'm being yanked around. Next trip to the VA, I will insist on footing the bill at a more user friendly hotel, not La Quinta associated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Masticator
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We picked this hotel because its a dog friendly hotel. The room was large but not very clean. We had small bugs in our room!!! Not ok for any length of stay. The toilet also over flowed. Location is convenient to shopping and restaurants. Overall not a happy stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple