“Location, location, location!!!”

Albuquerque Marriott
Ranked #46 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Enjoyed our two night stay at the Louisiana St. Marriott. The room was comfortable, the front desk staff were friendly and helpful!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I had reservations for a one bedroom suite... The description called for a spacious one bedroom suite with two bathrooms... With the excitement of the spacious area we invited my daughters friend to stay and enjoy our visit. Upon our arrival the front desk clerk informed me we were staying in a small standard room with one king size bed!!! As a attemted to explained the details of the room we had reserved, she looked me directly in my eye and stated " we have no such rooms with 2 bathrooms" and this standard room is considered a "suite" I demanded a manager which she called on the phone.. He told me they did have a suite which I clearly described however due do a doll convention that weekend my reservation was bumped off...so not only was I lied to by a front desk supervisior , I was also a victim of a bait and switch scam... My 10 year old daughter and friend stood anxiously in their swimsuits as I felt victimized by this so called family friendly hotel chain... The supervisor eventually offered me two rooms with a combining door...both rooms were not very clean and reeked of mildew... I even approached a cleaning lady to loan me her deodorizer spray for relief...to add insult to injury I was charged for a movie we never ordered in the tune of $19.99... This story goes on from the dirty pool to the non existent buffet.. Next time I rather pitch a tent in my backyard and will have a more pleasant stay...shame on u Marriott ...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Yvette C
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed four days. Room clean and updated. Cushy, comfortable bed/bedding. Clean. Friendly, helpful personnel. Tasty banquet food.

Trip Advisor description says daily newspaper. No paper any day and I missed it. No hotel shuttle to/from airport. $28 round trip from private shuttle company. There is a hotel provided complementary shuttle within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. This was not in the room information notebook or posted anywhere that I saw. Heard about it from word of mouth. I could have used the service earlier as we had no car.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a convention on June 20-24, 2012. The room was clean and comfortable, but there were problems with the water. The first afternoon I noticed the water in the toilet bowl was so hot it was steaming. I had no trouble with the cold water until the water was shut off for 3 hours to fix the problem. It was fixed all right. The cold water was hotter than the hot water. The maintanence man came up at 11PM and told us to run the cold water in the sink and the tub until it got cold. That worked, but you had to do this every time you wanted cold water. He also told us that this Marriott had a reoccuring problem with the water for a long time. Can you imagine the waste of water resources in Albuquerque? The ice machine on our hall was broken the entire time I stayed there. On Friday night, I called room service for a pitcher of ice water. Thirty minutes later it had not arrived. I called room service and canceled the order so we could go to bed. Fifteen minutes later at 11:45 our cold water arrived. The bell hop stated he got the order fifteen minutes earlier. The next morning, the front desk told me she sent in request in as soon as I ordered the water. The employees couldn't get their stories straight. We asked for compensation, but were told there would be none since our convention rate was a special rate. We were told they would add 2000 points to our Marriott cards. Others on floors 3-6 were told they would get 500 points.

2  Thank Kathy J
Reviewed 25 June 2012

My boyfriend and I along with a good friend of ours stayed here recently over the weekend. 06/22 checked out the 23rd. It was our second stay at the hotel. Check in was smooth. The young blonde girl behind the desk we could tell was still in training but did a great job checking us in and deserves some recognition in this review. She was very hospitable to us. Anyways, the room was as small as we remembered, but no biggie. The beds were WONDERFUL. We took the rest of the afternoon off and hit the pool area. Great lounge chairs and an awesome indoor and outdoor pool. We then went to the bar for dinner. JAMES was our server. James was super friendly with us and treated us great. He is a very good server, and that is hard to find these days, The other woman that worked that evening behind the bar was also so amazing to us. She was the highlight of our stay. I beleive her name was Brianna. I really hope that is her name. There was a small issue with our food and Brianna and James went above and beyond to correct it. The next morning Brianna was there for breakfast, and again she EXCEEDED in her service to us. Not only was she friendly and helpful, but she had a smile on the whole time and again made up for the little mishap with the food from the night before. THANK YOU BRIANNA. We very much appreciated everything you did for us. Oh and I cant forget the night auditor. He was also very nice and helpful to us...even at 3am. We would love to come back soon

Room Tip: Eat on property...food and service wonderful
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were looking forward to a delightful time at this hotel during the recent Madame Alexander Doll Club Convention.
My roommate and I were assigned a room on the 6th floor which was very nice on arrival day which was Wednesday. On Thursday we started experiencing steaming water in the toilet. After contacting the front desk they said they were aware of the situation and it would be corrected Friday between 12P-3P when they were turning off all cold water on 3rd to 6th floor. HA when we returned to our room later that evening we were not only greeted by hot water in toilet but also hot water in both the cold and hot water lines. A call to the front desk and a maintenance man was went up at 11PM. His suggestion run both sink and tub until we got a temperature for the tub and cold water in sink. This only showed hotel knew it had a problem.
On Saturday we asked if we would be compensated for all this stress, answer was a big NO because we were on a convention rate. They did offer 2000 extra points, send up some bottled water and a fruit and pretzel tray to appease us. Be aware this hotel does not value their customers and it will reflect on how I feel about staying at another Marriott. This hotel was aware of this problem and should have been more interested in their guests convention rate or not.

Room Tip: consider another hotel in Albuquerque
3  Thank Marti N
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I was in Albuquerque for a business meeting and needed to spend the night. Being on the road semi-frequently, one thing a business traveler needs is a comfortable bed, a nice flat panel TV and wireless access. Marriot has built it's reputation around being a consistent brand. Travelers know what to expect no matter where you are and Marriot delivers that.

Rooms were comfortable and current with the decor and staff was very accomodating as always. I'll stay again at this Marriot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business