“Excellent Stop on I-40”

Albuquerque Marriott
Ranked #46 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have traveled I-40 / Rt. 66 for a number of years but have never ended up in Albuquerque for the night until now. I chose this Marriott for its proximity to the highway and my experience with the Marriott brand. What a pleasant change to the never-ending substandard Rt. 66 dives and nice but plain Holiday Express and Hampton Hotels who overcharge when they're the only decent show in town. The Marriott Albuquerque is conveniently right off I-40 and in the middle of a wide variety of restaurants and stores within walking distance. The hotel has been around a while but it has been nicely kept up to date. The staff is both friendly and professional. The rooms are large and comfortable and quiet without any road noise. I will return if back in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so delighted to hear you had such a great stay and experienced our friendly, professional staff service. Your business is truly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit. Enjoy this beautiful day. Take care.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had a meeting at the hotel and was pleasantly surprised. The food was great, the rooms comfortable and the customer service unmatched. The breakfast buffet was reasonable and appetizing. They even had an omelet bar. I was really impressed with their customer service and all the amenities they offered. I would recommend this hotel 100%.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara J
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for posting this review of our hotel. Guest feedback is the best resource we have to show us where we can improve. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the staff service you received, as well as how much you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to your return. We hope to see you soon. Enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

stayed here for a week with two collegues and i must say the hotel did not fail the front desk staff are very good and very attentive always charming in the mornings and welcoming you back into the hotel, bar staff not so good but hey. the hotel drivers took us down nob hill many times and gave us lots of useful info about Albuquerque, the rooms are spacious and have all amenities.
i would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: free internet if you join marriott rewards.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the lack of customer in the lounge. I will address this with the department manager to add to their daily training meeting. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you soon! Your business is truly appreciated. Enjoy your weekend.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I really enjoyed my time at the Albuquerque Marriott.

For many years I have driven by your hotel on Hwy. 40 and never wanted to stop in the middle of the city. What a mistake! This time I stopped and spent the night. I have nothing but good things to say.

The on and off of the Hwy 40 was so easy compared to what I thought it would be like. It was a piece of cake. Be sure to mention that on your website.

I was so impressed with the special parking for Gold and Platinum Elite members of the Marriott Program. It made checking in and out so much easier. Thanks! I have never seen it anywhere else at any Marriott property.

The check in process was also great. I didn't use the App on my phone to check in. I like the interaction with the front desk staff. I like to pick their brains as to the hotel offerings and the area around the hotel. I was not disappointed with the front desk staff or procedures.

The room and view were also very nice. There was no noise from the Hwy 40. I had wished the Executive Lounge would have been open on the weekend, but I did have a very nice breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday morning.

I wanted a nice dinner on Friday night and was pleasantly surprised with the offerings in the neighborhood. There were so many nice restaurants so close. I just walked across the street and found many great places to choose from. What a great location for your hotel. Be sure to mention this on your website, too.

My experience at the Albuquerque Marriott was excellent. It will be on my list of favorite Marriott properties.

Thanks to you and your staff for making my stay great!

Room Tip: High floor for the view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you so much for posting this review of our property. We are so delighted to hear you had an excellent stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed the hotel amenities and the local area. I am thrilled to have the pleasure of sharing your experience with the hotel's brilliant hosts. Your business is truly appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Basically, Marriott can be depended on to have a friendly and efficient staff, clean rooms, comfortable beds, quiet rooms and a touch of class.

I never stay anywhere else if I can help it!

My stay here this time met my expectations of a comfortable stay.

I highly recommend this hotel and the location is convenience to shopping, restaurants, and a bit of a nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for posting this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to hear you received Marriott's brilliant service. Your business is greatly appreciated. Take care.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We are Marriott fans. We stayed during the first weekend of Balloon Fiesta. We got our request for a corner room on a high floor. Speedy check in, friendly staff, clean room, great room service. Our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you received Marriott's brilliant service. Your business is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit. Take care.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We booked our room two month in advance (maybe a little more) knowing that the ABQ Balloon Festival was going on at the same time. When booking, we did prepay to get a lower rate. I tried several times to get them to take my money (a little weird hearing it now), they still hadn't taken it out prior to check in (despite that I was suppose to pay early). They did end up honoring the prepay price though but when we booked, we requested a low floor (due to fear of elevators). We were put on the 10th floor. When my husband asked about it, he was told that despite us reserving a room, they never ASSIGNED us a room and had booked our room to someone else (and had to cancel their reservation due to the being booked completely). Well, after the first hike up ten flights, I rode an elevator for the first time in 6 years. I guess that's good. Our room was TINY. Super tiny. We did have a good view of the highway and when the balloons were launched in the morning, we were able to watch them rise and fall. The first night we ordered pizza. We put our leftovers (almost 60 dollars worth of pizza and soda) in our mini fridge with the idea to eat them for lunch. The next morning we went about with our activities and came back...to find our mini fridge...and ALL of our food, gone. They took everything out of our room!!!!! We still aren't sure about why they removed it. I'm guessing another guest needed it and they just took our food with it. My husband wanted to make a big deal about it but seeing that my lips were chapped and our pizza was spicy, I didn't care anymore. I just wanted to enjoy our time in ABQ and deal with the room. The room was tiny but the bed was comfy. We slept well there except for hearing traffic on the highway all night (but it's an older hotel, what can you expect?). Our experience wasn't the worst but we would never stay here again. To get internet, we had to pay $13 a day and then go out for breakfast in the morning. Truthfully, I would have rather preferred a Holiday Inn over this. Their rooms are bigger and just as comfy and there is free wifi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our hotel. We always try to maintain Marriott's high quality standards and apologize that we fell short. We are sorry you were not satisfied with your overall stay. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated. Please contact me directly to discuss your issues, Stella Helms at 505.837.6631.