“Good stay”

Ranked #53 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Good stay”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Had outpatient surgery that necessitated my stay in Albuquerque. We stayed on the concierge floor and the room faced the Sandia mountains- the view was quite nice. They accommodated my every need and even caught that I requested extra feather pillows when I also put down that I had an allergy to feather (I had meant to select foam pillows). They emailed me asking what I wanted to do and we were able to correct my error before I even arrived. We did not have any problems.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your business is greatly appreciated. I'm glad we accommodated your requests prior to your arrival. We hope to provide you with Marriott's brilliant service on your next trip to Albuquerque. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
xcorex
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Not enjoyable. Booked through Priceline.com and got a great deal. I was excited to be staying at a big name hotel like the Marriott for the price I booked at. Well, you get what you pay for and I feel sorry for those who paid full price.
TV services were terrible: 40 channels on standard definition (grainy), 5 channels of ESPN though, and maybe 10 movies on demand.
Room service ran out of the cheesecake at 8'oclock (3 hours before they stop service).
No mini-fridge and mediocre environment controls (felt like a swamp cooler, really); I couldn't get comfortable.
Oh and Wi-Fi was NOT free.... unless you call $15/night free.
Save yourself time and money and stay at a La Quinta or a Best Western.... this Marriott stinks.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel. There are plenty in the same city block.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for posting this review of our hotel. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered while staying with us. Each of our department managers will review this information with their staff and use it is a training tool. Please contact me directly to discuss these issues in detail, (505) 837-6631. Your business is greatly appreciated. Enjoy this lovely day.

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I've been at the hotel about one hour now; so far...
after driving all day from austin, texas to albuquerque found out this hotel had room service until 11 and since I was starving I chose this hotel. First off it's hard to find, the address is confusing to gps and I ended up driving around in circles. Upon arriving I asked a man with a heavy aftican accent where to park or if there was valet. He rudely replied there was no valet, but more then anything it was a shocking attitude to be greeted with. Then at reception the a lady tried to run my card only to tell me it was not going through , I pulled up my account on my phone and showed here the balance, then she said that maybe it was a problem with my back account.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JtoetheEsse A
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your business is greatly appreciated. We hope to provide you with Marriott's brilliant service on your next trip to Albuquerque. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I love Marriott hotels and was very surprised when I checked into my guest room and found several items not ready or operational including clock radio (battery hanging out and wrong time displayed), no air conditioning, phone not working and no bottled water ready for frequent travel guests.

Eventually all was corrected on the second day of my visit, but sleeping in a room with 85 degree temp was not fun. I very much appreciate help from the staff, very polite, and maintenance - skilled. Thank you Matt! However, these items really should have been ready before I checked in - not after.

Beds and pillows are lovely and desk staff impressive, however, systems are not in place at this Marriott hotel which caused a difficult visit and not entirely restful.

Room Tip: The third floor offers a lovely view of nearby shops and restaurants.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We appreciate your review of our hotel. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall hotel stay. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. I will address your concerns with each department's manager. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated.
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Better than being at home. Excellent customer service, clean quiet rooms, and perfect location. Bar and restaurant are both very well managed. Exercise room is well maintained with equipment to meet everyone's needs

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to hear you received Marriott's brilliant service. Your business is greatly appreciated. Enjoy this fabulous day. Take care.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed in a lot of high end hotels in New York and Europe and the service at this hotel beats all those snooty places. The staff at this hotel is unbelievably nice. I live in the DC area and we are not accustomed to such nice and polite staff.

The bed was wonderful and the hotel gave me a couple extra pillows. I had 5 nights of great rest and quiet.
In the bar Gisele is the best for a server and if you have access to the 14th floor lounge, the young lady in the morning is also great.

I took advantage of the hotel van and went to a few places for dinner. The staff is happy to recommend great restaurants that are in the area. On my next trip to Albuquerque, I will once again stay at this hotel. Again, the staff is the best I have enountered.

Room Tip: I am betting all the rooms are great and the hotel staff is excellent.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to hear you received Marriott's brilliant service. Your business is truly appreciated. Have an amazing week. Take care.
Clovis, NM
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed two nights in conjunction with a conference. Professional check in, friendly staff, spotless room, comfortable beds, great view of the mountains from the 17th floor, excellent breakfast buffet, and an overall excellent experience. This is my favorite hotel in the Albuquerque area.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting this comment. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are happy to hear you received Marriott's brilliant service and enjoyed the location. Your business is greatly appreciated. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.