“OK...I might try a different hotel next time.”

Albuquerque Marriott
Ranked #54 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
San Francisco, California
“OK...I might try a different hotel next time.”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is in a great location in terms of restaurants, shopping, and easy on/off access to Interstate 40. For those who don't like to sit in restaurants, there is a Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and a Smith's Food and Drug nearby. Which I thought was great because I was told upon check in that my room had a mini-fridge but it did not. Within a half mile, you have access to a nice bike/running path. However, my room was smaller than most hotels I've stayed at and the noise level was pretty incredible...the doors, floors, and walls are made of paper so you will hear EVERYTHING that goes on around you all day and all night. I typically stay at the Sheraton a couple of blocks north which offers rooms that are significantly quieter, the rooms are larger, and it is closer to the running path. I don't know if I'll come back to this Marriott property. Maybe...

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room. When I checked in, I was told I had a "city view" room. True...
Green Features: Fine. There were notices posted about saving water and such. The Sheraton just to the north will give you $5 vouchers to use at the hotel for each day you decline housekeeping. That's what I'm talking about.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jen335
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We appreciate your review of our hotel. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the overall hotel stay. Our goal is for every guest to leave happy and I am sorry that you did not feel that way upon your departure. I will address your concerns with our management team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is truly appreciated. Enjoy this beautiful day. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Washington DC
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What you expect from an upper-end chain hotel. Decent bar, clean room, good service. I often stayed in this hotel around 25 years ago, it was refreshing to see that Marriott's kept the property up. Recommended.

Rooms and stairwells have excellent views to either the east (the mountains) or west (the desert).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank MarcG19
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Your business is greatly appreciated. We hope to provide you with Marriott's brilliant service on your next trip to Albuquerque. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My three days and three nights at the Albuquerque Marriott hotel was just outstanding! Was picked up at the local train station by Eric Kolin and treated with fine friendliness at the Registration counter by Monica Sanchez. Our room was super clean,, very comfortable, roomy, with a great view from the 10th floor. Daily maid service was superb and friendly. The convention meeting rooms were well supplied with microphones, chairs and all needed meeting support. They kept the elevators running even with a heavy overload from our scifi con! The bar and grill there were friendly and easily accessible. The AC worked very well. Most of all, every employee we met had a smile and a friendly greeting for us. We will certainly be returning for future overnight stays! Tom King.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room. Will be quieter if major biz meetings are happening.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Thank T. Jackson K
Thank you for your business. We look forward to providing you with Marriott's brilliant service when you return to Albuquerque. Enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

After a long drive from Denver to El Paso we decided to spend the night at Marriott on LouisiNa street. They had science fair going on( we were not told at time of booking and we did not book it through expedian or any other sites. They have us the 3 floor and it was the party floor red cups every where all the room were holding theirs room opened and people were going back and worth between room and drinking. Red cups were everywhere in the hallway. We did call the front desk and we were moved to the 8th floor but all through the night we could still hear drums and string instruments. We could not sleep a wink!!! When we checked out and drove back home to El Paso my husband was so sleepy he sewerd off the road twice!! This is unacceptable and should not be tolerated by anyone! Putting my family in danger is a huge deal!! Will not be staying at this hotel again( I've been in mexico during spring beak and vegas many times and never ever seen this before!

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank clozano39
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, 4 August 2014

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Blairstown, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on two successive weekends and had very positive experiences both times. The staff were very nice, the concierge lounge offered good benefits, and the rooms were comfortable and clean. No other full service hotel in ABQ does it better!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for providing feedback. I'm happy to hear you received Marriott's brilliant service. Thank you for your business and enjoy this lovely day. Take care.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Had some issues with our room, with the a/c and mold in our shower. However the staff were all friendly and helpful. Especially the front desk person Matt M. Upon check out he listened to my concerns and promptly took action to remedy these issues.
Thank you Matt.

• Stayed July 2014
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for one night, which happened to be the same day as a wedding that was happening here. The front desk was completely overwhelmed. This is a 15-floor hotel, and we were given a room on the same floor (11th) as all the people staying for the wedding. In fact, the front desk thought we were part of the wedding party, since we were on the same floor, when we asked about our WiFi. Told us we got free WiFi being in the wedding party. When I corrected them, they said we still got free WiFi, for some reason. They didn't even know why..Being on the same floor as the wedding guests, we had a lot of loud, drunk people going down the hallways and in the elevators.
Bed was comfortable.
They have no information books in the room telling you where to find ice machines, guest laundry, etc. The hotel info channel had no hotel info - just access to your account. We had to find these areas for ourselves, as the front desk was so busy and overwhelmed. Laundry is on the 1st floor, below the lobby floor; so if you are on the top floors, you have a long ride down to do and check on your laundry.
We were unable to adjust the thermostat in our room. We could not access WiFi in our room; we had to go to the lobby's computer area and have hotel staff show us how to get on. The channel guide on the TV was a blank screen - black - no channel listing or guide of any kind, There was a table of ice water by the elevator in the lobby, but no cups were supplied. For several hours, the ice water was available with no drinking cups. They finally removed the ice water rather than supplying cups. No mini fridge in our room, which we were finding out was the case with most Marriott Courtyard hotels.

Room Tip: I would avoid this hotel, but if you stay request a room on a lower floor to access pool, guest laun...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
AlbuquerqueMarriott, Director of Sales at Albuquerque Marriott, responded to this review, 23 July 2014