Albuquerque Marriott
Luxury Inn(Albuquerque)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungeindoor outdoor poolshopping and restaurantslobby barbreakfast buffetthe general managerbusiness travelsandia mountainswould stay here againfront desk staffhot tubfitness centerthe entire staffmini fridgeballoon fiestanew mexicomarriotts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 4 days. At the counter, we had friendly service but we had to wait for the room. We asked for a view on Sandia mountains, it's a must. Room was clean, no fridge avaliable. Restaurants are a walking distance and the neighbourhood is very nice. We loved our stay there.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank maheu
Reviewed 6 March 2007

We stayed for two nights the first weekend in March. You could tell the rooms were recently completely renovated-new mattresses, wallpaper, bedding, furniture, everything! The pool is huge and there is a nice changing room/shower area in the bathrooms by it. The water temp was fine for my active 8 year old, but it was way too cold for me (probably because the pool connects to the outside pool and the air temp was only about 28 degrees.) We slept great-no complaint about the freeway noise like others mentioned. Hotel had nice breakfast in lobby, but a little expensive. (Omelet station really pleased!) Would recommend!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank oswald1475
Reviewed 11 January 2007

I had not been here since they started their renovation the hotels looks completely NEW! I was so impressed with the new rooms I did not expect anything like this from an Albuquerque Hotel. The price was a little steep too what I was used to paying, but when I arrived and saw the renovations that occured it was well worth the price!

The hotel has so many things to offer and do. I spent my free time at the new shopping center located across the street, I think it was called ABQ Uptown. I was very impressed with the shopping and dining options and what was so nice is that you can walk to all these places.

If your coming to Albuquerque, definately stay here! it sure beats the dirty downtown area.

Stayed: January 2007
6  Thank Traveler045
Reviewed 30 November 2006

My wife and I stayed the night for our in-town anniversary getaway. The hotel is nice, looks like our room had been recently been given a fresh coat of paint and some new furniture. We had a beautiful view of the city out our westward facing window. The rooms are a little small, but for 2 people, it was fine.

My only complaint was that the hotel is right next to the Interstate. I heard semi-trucks going up and down the Interstate all night long.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jlmjdar
Reviewed 24 October 2006

We stayed at the Albuquerque Marriott while in town for the Balloon Fiesta. The location was ideal... right at the Interstate 40 on ramp and only about 2 miles to I-25. It made getting around ABQ a breeze.

This hotel is a great place to stay. The rooms are nice, not Ritz Carleton, but nice. At $89 a night during Ballon Fiesta week, I didn't expect the Ritz. However, don't hesitate to stay there. The beds and pillows are the most comfortable I've ever slept on...pillow tops and big soft fluffy pillows. I additionally like the new duvet system larger hotels are using on their beds. There's nothing I hate more than to have a bedspread or blanket near my face that some stranger had used the night before. So the new duvet system is heavenly. The coffepot was welcome, but a refrigerator would have been nice. That was our only complaint. (That and that there isn't enough parking during the day when they have conferences in their conference center.... which is lovely, I might add.) They even had nice Bath & Body products in the bathroom ... Classy, as opposed to some of the off-brand items you get nowadays.

There's a wonderful pool and hottub on the lower level along with a nice courtyard to sit outside and enjoy the weather. There was some traffic noise from the highway but that's to be expected.

I've read many complaints about the charge for internet access. This can be easily overcome by visiting their media room. I was very impressed... there were 3 work stations, all well-equippped with note paper, pens, rubber bands, staplers and a high quality printer. What's to complain about? I got on every time I went down there. If not, go spend a moment in the gift shop right next door and a computer will soon free-up.

Check in was a breeze.... walked in gave the young woman my name and credit card and was handed my keycards. Check out was easy ..... called to let them know I was vacating and left the cards on the desk.

I stayed here 10 years ago during Ballon Fiesta week and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

P.S. Alot of the ballon people stay here as well, Fun to chat with them in the lobby coctail lounge in the evening. Very interesting lot...

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple