“Pretty inside; a little scary outside”

Motel 6 Albuquerque - Coors Road
Ranked #109 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Pretty inside; a little scary outside”
Reviewed 17 December 2010

Gorgeous new rooms - very modern and clean! The room was also well-thought-out, and I didn't find myself wondering if I'd lost anything during my short stay there. Good job on the renovation! The "scary part" was when I had to walk from my car to my room -- it was quite a long walk up some stairs and then down several corridors, one of which had a strange pot-smoking man lurking. I wondered if this location had security or not. It would have been nice!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 December 2010

This room looked more like a 4 star hotel than a motel. Our room (#206) was modern, clean, spacious and extremely comfortable. Shiny wood floors with warm decor. Noise & odor were a non-issue. It was located literally right off the freeway on Coors Rd and just down the street from Route 66 if you wanted to check it out.

Incredible value for the price!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank supadupastef
Davis, California
Reviewed 25 September 2010

This Motel 6 is significantly on the nicer end of the scale. Recently remodeled in a modern style, it is very clean. Our pet-friendly room had no carpet. However, it was also a non-smoking room and, as we are frequently finding, it reeked of stale smoke. Further, our room had no towels in it--a discovery we didn't make until 9 pm. None of these things are deal-breakers, though, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Holbrook, Arizona
Reviewed 28 July 2010

wow was I shocked...the rooms were so nice...very modern...with a flat screen tv with HDMI hook ups and other plug in's, I loved it alot...I would stay here again...the only down side is the POOL!!! its so freaking small!! I would guess 5x8 and it was 3 1/2 feet deep...good thing I'm not to picky about where I stay...

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank ziphon
Reviewed 28 July 2010

Even though it is very near the hiway, the rooms were quiet and the location offered an ez off, ez on access. The beds were hard, but the room was clean and recently refurbished. A variety of good food is available within walking distance. Overall a very good experience.

• Stayed June 2010
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I recently stayed at this motel having to go across the country on business. I have stayed at many properties but I was amazed at how the new look of this one property has changed in a great way! there is no more smelly carpet but a nice clean wooden floor. The lighting is definitely different but warm. The furniture looks sleek and elegant as well as the linen. At the desk was this pretty little red head that smiled even as she multitasked and took care of me and other guests checking in. I will definitely stay here again and look forward to my trip back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank The_Weird_One60933
Buffalo NY
Reviewed 27 December 2008

After driving from Tempe AZ the wife and I saw the $37.99 Motel 6 special sign from I-40 and went for it. After paying 6 additional dollars and my wife they had issues with the passkeys as a maintenance worker (poor guy) had to let each checked guest into their room that night. Very small TV (19 inch), under average bathroom, sparce towel count, no coffee maker or mini-fridge, slow Wi-Fi connection, and the room smelled. However the bed was comfortable and that was the main purpose of the stay. We got up the next morning, shared the same towel for the shower, and got the heck out of there!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels