“Overall much less than expected for the price”

Ramada Albuquerque East
Ranked #113 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The location was where we wanted to be in Albuquerque but the motel lived up to its previous reviews.

After killing the big roach in the bathroom things got better . . . I guess. Mold on bath ceiling. Both reported to the front desk. Overall effort to reach a presentable restored beside-the-interstate motel that just hasn't made it. Breakfast included sausage, gravy and scrambled eggs which I ate but the wife would not.

Almost decent $40 motel that charges $60.

I would search elsewhere if I pass this way again. There are lots of lodging for east bound I40 travelers within the next 10 miles.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I booked a block of rooms for my family, my bridesmaids, and myself for my recent wedding. The customer service here was unparalleled. My parents are handicapped and had many special requests, and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate all of their needs. Many thanks to the staff here for their help!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We attended a wedding in Albuquerque and my wife booked a room here without checking any reviews of it. BIG MISTAKE!! Upon entering the room we found 1 pillow on one bed and 3 pillows on the other. There was only 3 towels in the bath, we didn't think this would be a problem because ther was only 3 of us staying there. When we got our credit card statement we had found an extra $25.00 charge. I called back and asked to about this charge and was told it was added to our bill because we had stole a towel and two pillows. I then asked to speak to management and was told that he wasn't in right then and they would have him call me back. I have called 3 different times and management is never in. They obviously know that they lied about the theft and in reality MANAGEMENT IS THE THIEF.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. Management is crooked.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dale s
alhafiz a, Manager at Ramada Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Hello. I am the Manager at this specific hotel and am apologetic about your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you that we are committed to satisfying our guests and work forward to doing so. In regards to your stay with us, I would like to have some input on the "Theft" issue. We understand that items go missing from time to time and it is not always a guest who consciously takes those items. Most the time it's a mistake on the guest’s part and usually it gets taken care of immediately. In this instance, we have our housekeepers take an inventory on what items were placed in the room during its turnaround and have a Head Housekeeper who verifies as well. We also do a tally at the end of the day before we assume a guest has taken items, due to group rooms sharing certain items. This was not the case. In regards to speaking to Management, we require a manager to be on-site Monday-Friday from 0900-1800. I would have been more than happy to resolve this item immediately. Lastly, I would like to make this matter up to you and reimburse you for your $25.00 charge and extend a discount for a future stay. As I said before, we are committed to satisfying our guests. Again, I am apologetic about your past stay with us and hopefully we can regain your business in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

The desk person when we checked in was very nice and helpful -- went down hill from there. First found that the sheets had not been changed -- she immediately sent housekeeping up to change them. But then realized the carpet had not been vacuumed and furniture was sticky and not cleaned, but since it was 10 pm, just didn't do anything. The breakfast was fair -- but by a few minutes after 6 they ran out of coffee and didn't make more for about 15 minutes. There was no butter -- was told that it would be there at 8. Found roaches in the lobby rest room. When I complained about the room, he took a small discount off. We won't be back.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank j h
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Hello. I am the General Manager for this hotel and would like to apologize about your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your feedback, so that we may correct those issues immediately to better our hotel for current and future guests. I can assure you that we are committed to satisfying our guests during their stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel for an appropriate solution so that you may stay with us again. Thank You.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My son and I had two rooms overnight at the Quality Inn & Suites on Hotel Circle ... we would not hesitate to stay here again. This is a rather dated motel, but it's been kept in good condition.

Service: Check-in clerk (Ashley) very helpful, friendly. Reservations were ready - no hassle, no fuss. Check-out clerk in the morning wasn't exactly enthusiastic, but he provided good service.

Rooms: CLEAN!!!!! Fairly spacious with King size bed, TV, desk, chair, ironing board, hair dryer, coffeemaker.

Bed: comfortable, lots of nifty pillows.

Bathroom: CLEAN!!!! Lots of linens, shower and tub

Free WiFi: Two networks and both provide reliable, fast connection.

Pool/spa: We didn't use either, but they appear clean and well-managed ... other guests were enjoying them.

Breakfast: Lots to choose from - scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, pastries, cereals, juices, waffles, sausage. Not the best, but the variety made up for it. Coffee was not all that great.

Ice machine: The only one is in the lobby. That's an inconvenience but not that big a problem.

Temp control: In the room and it worked!

Sleep: Ask for a room that's NOT next to the freeway - my room was at the very end of Building C next to the freeway and it was a bit noisy.

Lots of restaurants nearby and, if you're so inclined, a bar right next door.

All in all, this was a pleasant experience and a good value for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that's NOT next to the freeway!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Clean room, with microwave and refrigerator. Good restaurant in walking distance. Included breakfast has yogurt, waffles, gravy and bisquits, scrambled eggs and sausage, as well as the normal bagels, bread, cereal, juice and coffee. Excellent value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jack B
Robert H, Manager at Ramada Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Jack5682, Thank you very much for taking the time out to let everyone know about your experience, we appreciate your kind words please contact us on your next trip through
Albuquerque

-Robert

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I booked our room for late arrival and then read the reviews. I was shocked and discouraged. However I noted that most of the reviews were old. We checked into the hotel and I asked if any of the rooms had been updated. We were given a room that was very nice. After dinner we realized that the heater was not working. The desk clerk immediately moved us to a close by room. She delivered the keys to us and had already checked that the heater was working in the new room.

The location is right off I40 and convenient. There is an Applebee's and shopping center across the street.

It is obvious that there are renovations being made. So go ahead and book but ask for an updated room.

• Stayed: November 2011