“Don't stay. Tired and in need of repair” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ramada Albuquerque East
Ranked #108 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Brit in NC
“Don't stay. Tired and in need of repair”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Picked from a coupon book the room-rate was $45.92 so it's probably our fault. Front lobby looks great but the rest is not good. Dirty carpet and rooms in need of repair. Broken shower/bath faucet and 50c showerhead that's set around 4ft high. Bed was clean. Room was cold even with running really noisy heater all night. Asked for wakeup call that never came. We left before breakfast and asked if I could have a danish to go and was told no. There's a few restaurants nearby but I would try another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before paying any money.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Collkins, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

It's appealing--the sign...just off to the north of I-40 on the east side of Albuquerque, Quality Inn; hmmmmm, not necessarily "top drawer" but perhaps ok for a night? NOT! We were disgusted by the room which we'd paid for in advance during the annual Balloon Fiesta, which means, no refunds. Not what we asked for; out in a "back building" in disrepair (not the "see our newly remodeled rooms!"); inedible food, grossly understaffed during the city's biggest annual event; no elevator, 'fridge's freezer totally ice-jammed; toilet not "seated" (rocking); seat unbolted; chair, drawer handles, light bulbs missing (however, brought in following hours when requested); on day 2 our room had not even been visited & clean towels, etc. had to be tracked down after 10 p.m. by the lone desk agent; never rec'd the "welcome" book (how to work the TV, where closest restaurants & attractions are, local overview map tho made multiple requests; no "upper" management on-site; trash scattered throughout the property, tho bagged; random discarded furniture (upholstered chair, mattress, bed frame) sitting at the bottom of the stairs to our 2nd level room via outside stairs/balcony. Due to the nature of our visit (business) & the 'no refund' policy we had to make the best of a bad situation, but hope we can steer other unsuspecting travelers away from this particular Quality Inn. (We're in the process of seeking a refund, and have written to the hotel, the greater chain management office, the Choice Hotels office, and a letter will soon go to the Fiesta planning agents, with whom we found the room for our 3 unhappy nights.)

Room Tip: Beware of cities touting 'we recommend' during annual tourist attractions.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marilyn H
Columbus, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

We stayed here because it was reasonably priced and convenient to the family we're visiting. The lobby area looked nice. But the rooms are really shabby. The carpet is so old and dirty-looking that I wouldn't go barefoot on it. The room is small and the furnishings are out-of-date. I don't think this had been redone in at least twenty years. The bathroom is very small and doesn't look very clean, or it might just seem that way because the light is poor. I wouldn't come here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Ellijay, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

The location was where we wanted to be in Albuquerque but the motel lived up to its previous reviews.

After killing the big roach in the bathroom things got better . . . I guess. Mold on bath ceiling. Both reported to the front desk. Overall effort to reach a presentable restored beside-the-interstate motel that just hasn't made it. Breakfast included sausage, gravy and scrambled eggs which I ate but the wife would not.

Almost decent $40 motel that charges $60.

I would search elsewhere if I pass this way again. There are lots of lodging for east bound I40 travelers within the next 10 miles.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I booked a block of rooms for my family, my bridesmaids, and myself for my recent wedding. The customer service here was unparalleled. My parents are handicapped and had many special requests, and the staff went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate all of their needs. Many thanks to the staff here for their help!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Midland, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

We attended a wedding in Albuquerque and my wife booked a room here without checking any reviews of it. BIG MISTAKE!! Upon entering the room we found 1 pillow on one bed and 3 pillows on the other. There was only 3 towels in the bath, we didn't think this would be a problem because ther was only 3 of us staying there. When we got our credit card statement we had found an extra $25.00 charge. I called back and asked to about this charge and was told it was added to our bill because we had stole a towel and two pillows. I then asked to speak to management and was told that he wasn't in right then and they would have him call me back. I have called 3 different times and management is never in. They obviously know that they lied about the theft and in reality MANAGEMENT IS THE THIEF.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. Management is crooked.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dale s
alhafiz a, Manager at Ramada Albuquerque East, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Hello. I am the Manager at this specific hotel and am apologetic about your recent stay with us. I would like to assure you that we are committed to satisfying our guests and work forward to doing so. In regards to your stay with us, I would like to have some input on the "Theft" issue. We understand that items go missing from time to time and it is not always a guest who consciously takes those items. Most the time it's a mistake on the guest’s part and usually it gets taken care of immediately. In this instance, we have our housekeepers take an inventory on what items were placed in the room during its turnaround and have a Head Housekeeper who verifies as well. We also do a tally at the end of the day before we assume a guest has taken items, due to group rooms sharing certain items. This was not the case. In regards to speaking to Management, we require a manager to be on-site Monday-Friday from 0900-1800. I would have been more than happy to resolve this item immediately. Lastly, I would like to make this matter up to you and reimburse you for your $25.00 charge and extend a discount for a future stay. As I said before, we are committed to satisfying our guests. Again, I am apologetic about your past stay with us and hopefully we can regain your business in the future.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The desk person when we checked in was very nice and helpful -- went down hill from there. First found that the sheets had not been changed -- she immediately sent housekeeping up to change them. But then realized the carpet had not been vacuumed and furniture was sticky and not cleaned, but since it was 10 pm, just didn't do anything. The breakfast was fair -- but by a few minutes after 6 they ran out of coffee and didn't make more for about 15 minutes. There was no butter -- was told that it would be there at 8. Found roaches in the lobby rest room. When I complained about the room, he took a small discount off. We won't be back.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank j h
, General Manager at Ramada Albuquerque East, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Hello. I am the General Manager for this hotel and would like to apologize about your recent stay with us. I would like to thank you for your feedback, so that we may correct those issues immediately to better our hotel for current and future guests. I can assure you that we are committed to satisfying our guests during their stay with us. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel for an appropriate solution so that you may stay with us again. Thank You.