Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town
Hotel Parq Central(Albuquerque)
US$187
US$163
Official Website
Econo Lodge Old Town(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$93
US$88
US$62
US$59
Days Inn & Suites Airport Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$70
US$87
US$82
Quality Inn & Suites(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$106
1,916 results
All reviewsq barcasa esenciafront desknew mexicohotel restaurantmexican foodwithin walking distancebeautiful hotelhot air balloonssandia mountainsballoon fiestaconferencebalconyqbarlobbyweddingsouthwest
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Winter Spanish Market was great, the staff at Hotel Alb, all were awesome, our room was beautiful and comfortable. We were one of the artists that participated and we couldn't have asked for a more welcoming place.Thank-you....muchicimas gracias!!!

Room Tip: Our room had a balconey!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Gretchen G, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Vickie O, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience and that the market was a successful endeavor. Thank you once more for the fantastic five star review, we sincerely appreciate it. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you for future stays at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town in November 2013 in the off season. Reading some of the mixed reviews I was a little concerned, but was positively surprised. The hotel was very clean, nicely furnished, the staff very friendly and helpfull. The Restaurant served breakfast and dinner all day. The Mexican food was excellent, a little on the spicy side but pretty authentic. The Bar served great Margaritas. The Old Town was less than five minutes walk, the same distance as the Museums of Art and Natural History. Downtown Albuquerque is about a ten minutes drive, The Center for Pueblo Indian Art and Culture about the same. Interstate 40 is two minutes away and it takes ten to fifteen minutes to the airport. The OldTown with the San Felipe de Neri Church is worth a stroll and has some restaurants and besides the typical souvenir shops some high end quality stores and galleries for Native American Arts and Crafts.If you have time for some road trips I would recommend, besides Santa Fe, the Salinas Mission and Pueblo ruins (3) southeast of Albuquerque by taking the longer scenic route off I-40.
I definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms to the south look over the Old Town.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear MartinStutensee, we are delighted to hear your stay with us was wonderful and that all elements of your stay were enjoyable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town and for your positive review. We are always pleased to hear that our guests take advantage of our on-site restaurant Gardunos and that you had a great dinner experience. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This property is overrated. I only stayed there because it is in close proximity to Old Town (which is great and I love!) but next time I will pay the $5 for parking at old town because this property is not worth what you pay to stay. On the last night of my stay there was a ball and the hotel was overrun. This would not be so bad however guest of the hotel had no where to park and a huge section of the parking lot remained vacant because the staff were instructed to "keep it clear for valet parking". That is all well and good and I do not blame the staff, but the attendees were parking themselves and were taking up parking that should have been for guests of the hotel. I was absolutely offended at this total disregard for paying customers. This owner evidently does not have a problem biting the hand that feeds him. I was thinking about staying at another property but will never stay at any Heritage property again because this was an insult of the highest order!

Room Tip: Save yourself the hassle and stay elsewhere. If you want to visit Old Town you can pay $5 for all day parking at Old Town. Some rooms definitely are better than others but I guess they are reserved for certain people.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Louis G, Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Irene R, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town. We appreciate your feedback, as it is the best way for us to improve our services. Our location is one of the most favored aspects of the hotel, as the historic Old Town Plaza is just south of us. I definitely wish to apologize for the apparent lack of concern for guests not attending our event being held, as nothing could be further from the truth. We do have free parking around the entire hotel, with our largest parking lot east of the building itself. Again, we do apologize and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque in the future to enjoy our excellent location and facilities.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

In my line of work I visit and evaluate destinations and write hotel property reviews. The sad state of affairs is Albuquerque Tourism is in line with Breaking Bad, meaning, Albq is just a place to land before escaping to Santa Fe. Now about this hotel; dirty, tired, lacking decent amenities, and if hospitality is all they got- they lack that too.

On the outside the hotel is aging and not in a good way, the property is also unkept. The parking lot needs paving BAD- it's rough. The neighborhood is less than upscale for the price. The hotel touts being right next to Old Town, it is- but Old Town isn't what it used to be, it's dirty and the shops are chochkee at best (if you want rustic and authentic go to Santa Fe).

Lobby is nice, but not that nice. It barren but decorated with typical Albuquerque flair. This property has an EXCELLENT and beautiful courtyard, great for weddings, but don't put family overnight here.

Rooms are way way tired. Carpet is old, rooms and halls need repainting. The bathrooms are small with cracked calking and dirty tile (the shower still had hairs- yes I said hairs from the prior guest). In my opinion even a luxury property gets a poor rating if unsanitary. My room had a tube tv cir 1990- not a flat screen, a genuine tube tv encased in furniture reminiscent of the late 80's. Room furnishings were sparse but adequate. If you are a business traveler you will be happy and disappointed; on on hand they have plenty of outlet strips, on the other hand they look like National Lampoons Griswold Christmas (there has to be a fire code violation here somewhere).

Bed was ok but pillows... Ew, whereby making me think twice about the linens.

In room amenities? Good luck... The coffee maker is old and well- that's the end of in room amenities. Even the in room phone wasn't working (I tried to call for room service).

Overall room experience was on par with an independent "motor lodge" and I'm not kidding. Sadly Motel 6 has cleaner rooms. A $75. Night Hampton Inn has way better rooms.

Hotel Amenities; this is definitely a conference hotel although be it a tired one. The hotel gym (if you call it that) is tiny, less than a room size, and the equipment is awful and outdated. So I went to the front desk to ask where I can get a complimentary cup of coffee- they directed me to my room or the hotel restaurant. This perplexed me- Hotel Albuquerque promotes itself as an upscale property but can't provide patrons with a simple cup of coffee?

Overall experience; well there was no per se experience. Hotel Albuquerque is a no frills hotel promoted as and charging as a premium property. What should its price range be? $50.-$65.00 per night TOPS. My recommendation is if you are looking for a premium or luxury hotel experience here or in Albuquerque- look to Santa Fe or somewhere else, simply put there isn't any. Try either Santa Anna or Sandia Resorts (on tribal land), or just go to one of the many GREAT Albuquerque 3 star hotels spend less and get more.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Dear FBRExecProducer, thank you for sharing your experience with us at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay, and that we were not able to meet your expectations. All departments have reviewed your comments and are definitely prioritizing making up for our service. We are very glad that our wonderful Spanish gardens could shine through. We hold several outdoor events, and firmly believe we have the best outdoor wedding venue in Albuquerque. We are always listening, and stand at the ready to accommodate our guests. Your constructive feedback is always welcomed. Again, we do apologize, but we promise our staff will go above and beyond to make your next stay a great experience.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed here for one night after wrapping up 10 days of road tripping the Southwest. This was a great option close to the airport, good value and location for exploring. A minute away from Old Town shops, great restaurant onsite, magnificent lobby with the one drawback being average rooms. Comfortable, clean and spacious but I felt like the lobby was so grand, the rooms were lacking in comparison. King room with balcony. Also received 15% off at the restaurant as a guest of the hotel which was nice. 15 minute drive in the morning to ABQ airport - big plus.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear iamamsterdam, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town. We are honored to be the last stop as your Southwest road trip came to a close. Our location is one of the favorite aspects of the hotel as you mentioned we are a convenient distance away from the freeway, airport and local adventures. We are delighted to hear your stay was great experience and you were comfortable in our deluxe accommodations. Thank you for providing feedback of your stay, we sincerely appreciate it. We look forward to your next visit to Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town.