“An oasis in the desert”

Ranked #12 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Minneapolis
“An oasis in the desert”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This was the first hotel that we booked through Jet Setter. Let me offer my kudos for the customer service we received from Jet Setter. We were bumped from a flight and arrived a day late in Albuquerque. Jet Setter contacted the hotel and offered us the same discount while shifting our stay one day later. Thank you! I found the very best part of this hotel to be the swimming pool. It is a full sized, outdoor pool with plenty of chairs and lots of shade. One wouldn't know that on the other side of the fence, there is a parking lot. The garden areas were also a great place to lounge for a drink or a good book. Wifi is free as is parking. We did not eat at the restaurant. There are many restaurants within walking distance, even a Starbucks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Molly R, General Manager at Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear skr33ch, We love your title “An oasis in the desert!” We are thrilled you enjoyed the swimming pool and our location to many restaurants. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
Mexico, New York
Reviewed 26 July 2014

At a recent conference at Hotel Albuquerque I was so impressed by the friendliness and courtesy of the staff that I made time to seek out the manager and give her the highest compliments on her staff!! Each and every staff member in every area made it clear that I was someone special!! I was greeted with smiles and welcomes, doors were held open, elevators reopened, and they always mAde it clear they were there to assist me in my stay!! The hotel was clean and cared for, food was great, and my stay was the best yet at Hotel Albuquerque! At front desk Dominic was so helpful and Vic at Gardunos was a master and so friendly!

Room Tip: Ask for a mini fridge
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Anna P B, Thank you for coming to Hotel Albuquerque for your conference. We truly value your comments about our staff and specifically recognizing Dominic and Vic! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Public areas are nice and good place for meetings. Rooms (201) leave something to be desired. The carpet is very old and pulling away from the wall. Large stains on ceiling from water damage. Rooms don't block outside noise from the hall or from people outside partying. Sorry to sound like a stick in the mud but this place needs some help. Staff was good but repairs and upkeep are needed.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lee K
Dear Lee K, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. We understand the importance of a clean and quiet guestroom. Service and cleanliness are our top priorities and we have addressed these issues to improve our product and service for future travelers. Thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. If I can ever be of assistance, please contact me directly at 505-222-8744.
Orem, Utah
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I wish I knew her name, but there was a very kind middle-aged woman who helped me check in at the front desk. She was incredible. I had never been to Albuquerque before, and she had a lot of great tips on how to make my stay enjoyable. She was very courteous. She shared with me things that I didn't realize would be helpful until after I had heard them. I also received great service from the rest of the staff there. I was very impressed with the people working there.

The rooms and bathrooms were not quite as big as I would have hoped, but the excellent service far outweighs any complaints I had.

I also really liked the New Mexican ambiance throughout the entire hotel. Very well done!

I also liked that I was within short walking distance to three museums: the national history museum, art museum, and the Explora science museum.

Room Tip: I enjoyed being able to see the mountains from my room. If you like seeing mountains in the distance...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephen A
Dear Stephen A. Thank you for staying at Hotel Albuquerque! We appreciate you recognizing one of our staff members at the front desk. We also appreciate your comments about our location, New Mexican ambiance and excellent service. Thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.
Kentucky
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The hotel was a little dated but clean. The hotel is very large and a nice hotel. The room is just a little dated with small double beds and old TV's. The location is great as you can walk to old town and shop and eat. The guy at check in was really nice. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kyprincess, Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We are so pleased you had a good stay. We appreciate your comments on our staff, location and cleanliness. Thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Albuquerque to demonstrate our excellent quality, services and future improvements to our product. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Hotel Albuquerque has to be in one of the best locations in Albuquerque. this hotel is next to old town and the museum district. walking to these locations is very easy. there are many many restaurants close by also.
the lobby is great. there is a large restaurant on site with both indoor and outdoor seating. the outdoor pool is large with many seating areas.
no charge for parking. a definite plus and many restaurants of this class tend to charge. free wifi also.
the room is nice though I would have preferred a king or queen bed. why they have double beds is beyond me, but the beds look wonderful. do they have somebody ironing the sheets? this was my first thought. very nice!
the bathroom is a bit small but the shower has great water pressure. Aveda products are placed in the bathroom. again nice!
the rooms overlooking old town have balconies. I was on the other side of the building. initially I was a bit upset about this, but when I walked to the window I had a great view of the mountains. I left the curtain open so that I was waken up with the sunrise. orange & pink & yellow reflecting off the clouds behind the purple mountains. gorgeous.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a king bed and with a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michaelluna
Dear michaelluna, Thank you for the review and for recommending Hotel Albuquerque. We appreciate your comments on our complimentary Wi-Fi, great location, lobby, restaurant and iron sheets! We are so glad you enjoyed the beautiful view. Thank you once more for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance.
Hinesburg, Vermont
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Hotel Albuquerque is a beautiful hotel located within walking distance of the historic old town. I really enjoyed the pool and outdoor restaurant. It would have been nice if there were coffee available either in the room or in the lobby. But the ambiance and customer service made up for it. Rooms were clean and decorated well. Staff was helpful and courteous. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would get a room on the upper floors to have a better view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lori Y
Dear Lori Y, Thank you for staying with us and commenting on our charming hotel! We are glad you enjoyed our beautiful hotel, location, pool and staff. Thank you once more for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back! Please contact me directly at 505-222-8744 if I can be of any assistance in the future.