Hotel Albuquerque exceeded our hopes. We lingered in the lobby and breakfast / cafe room (Plazuela) enjoying the lively decor (old New Spain with many colorful touches by recent artists) and the low-key but attentive service. High ceilings kept us cool. Our room was equally welcoming, very quiet, and just large enough. This will be our destination on any future trips to Albuquerque. The "Culture Pass + breakfast" option is a great deal just for the breakfasts, not to mention that the Pass is actually good for a year for many museums and archaeological sites in Santa Fe and other surrounding areas as well as ABQ. Old Town itself is only mildly interesting, though a (free) tour from the local history museum showed us more of interest than we'd discovered by wandering. Still, when in Albuquerque, Old Town is probably the most vibrant place to be -- the greater city is no better nor worse than any other sprawling metropolis set in beautiful but harsh, mountainous semi-desert. Hotel has spa and good facilities for small conferences, which we didn't use but saw others enjoy. Free Wi-Fi worked smoothly. The fanciest restaurant at the hotel, with few customers in off season, wasn't as pleasant as the adjacent Plazuela, though the staff worked hard to make the 'fine dining' experience a pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Albuquerque offers New Mexican hospitality in with Albuquerque sophistication. Adorned with a historic touch of contemporary furnishings inside its territorial-style exterior, the hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience. Comfort is melded with New Mexican elegance in every one of the 188 guest rooms. The hotel offers restaurants, bars and social venues on the property to satisfy the hungry, the high-class, and the ultra-chic. As a landmark to the city, the hotel sits quaintly in the historic Old Town area, where guests can conveniently walk to several attractions, parks, museums, and shops. After one experience at the Hotel Albuquerque, you’ll feel like calling Albuquerque your home."Hotels supporting cultural causes." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Old Town Albuquerque
- At Old Town Hotel Albuquerque
- Hotel Albuquerque Old Town