“An amazing non chain hotel”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #45 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This hotel was great, even though it does have more of an adult atmosphere, my daughter loved the decor and the very creative pool area.The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The decor is amazing and very stylish ,highly recommended for couples and adult travelers looking for a chic hotel without the cost. The room service staff was wonderful also and the food was amazing and very decently priced.I can't say enough about the wonderful staff.The rooms were very clean and we loved the balcony seating. I would definitely stay here again with or without my kids!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Stayed 2 nights wanted to stay 3 but was fully booked!! lovely hotel one of the best i stayed on my trip! Fantastic value, really clean , staff really friendly! food fantastic! room was very big! great location!!

Reviewed 26 September 2012

They were referred to me by American Express Travel as a preferred place to stay while I was working in the area for a week. I chose them because of location, reviews and description of the hotel. I love native american art. 1st off this hotel has a big identity problem. All the decor says native american but that's all there is here. Loud modern music thru the lobby and restaurant while they show native dancing on the big screen. Too bad. I would've loved to hear flute, drums or chanting. And as you walk in the first thing you notice is they are proud of their fajitas. Granted I really enjoyed the food at the cafe but all of the monitors around the lobby assaulted my eyes with "Fajitas" every time I walked thru. Don't expect breakfast or printing your boarding pass to be included. $3 to print my boarding pass?? Really??! I paid $62 a night but would have paid more to include these little conveniences. But they weren't offered from my agent. Only on their website.
Now all of this was just annoying but nobody's available after 11pm? You have to use your keycard to get in the front door between 11pm & 6am. Don't lose you keycard and hope it wasn't shut off during your stay. That's what happened to me. 3rd day in I couldn't get in with either of my cards. Had to have cards re-scanned at front desk. Now to the front desk... didn't get any info about the hotel once I checked in other than here's your keycard. The only good experience I had was having dinner. Good food. But that doesn't make a good hotel.
I also left my Kindle Fire, with the charger, in my room but when I called back to see if they had found it they told me House Keeping didn't find it. Really? They would have been the next people in my room.(I'm just sayin') I have since called and left the General Manager a message. He wasn't available.I'll give them a chance to help me but I think that was the last straw for me. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to save you the hassle.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy F
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Thank you for your feedback and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. Our general manager has been in close communication with you regarding your kindle issue and we are glad that we could fully resolve this issue for you. We do have a 24/7 front desk staff and we generally can print boarding passes at the front desk for no charge and we will make sure our guests are aware of this. We are glad you enjoyed the food in Spirit Winds café and we would like the opportunity to welcome you again here at Nativo Lodge.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

I've just spent a lovely ten nights in the Nativo hotel in Albuquerque and it is a beautiful place. The room was clean, well looked after and very spacious. The wonderful soft king size bed was very comfortable and had five lovely fluffy pillows, good sheets and a warm duvet.
The bathroom area was clean and constantly restocked with Sister sky sweet grass toiletries whether I'd used them all or not. There was a plentiful supply of towel to the point of me saying I was fine to use them more than for one day and coming in later found a couple of extra ones on the rack above my clothes.
The maid's were great, especially the one who sings while she works! It put a smile on my face as I walked along the corridor every morning.
The food was good in the restaurant though I did start going to Starbucks next door for breakfast and a hot chocolate on a night. This was just to wake me up on a morning and the staff were very friendly, plus Starbucks hot chocolate. Mmmmm.
The staff who checked me in and out were friendly and efficient. I did ask to move rooms as I was right above the door, but they had nothing free on my first night as they had a conference party there. Next morning the receptionist wasn't as accommodating as the night staff about the room move, but then I guess she'd had a busy morning. I was moved to a room on the fourth floor which still had a lot of traffic and car park noise, though not quite as bad as my first room - maybe it was tiredness? I did go out and buy some ear plugs eventually to try get a good nights sleep, I was told by others that the mountain views are a lot quieter.

All in all, the next time I visit Albuquerque I will be staying at the Nativo Lodge hotel, I'll just remember the earplugs. :D

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Stayed 2 nites while traveling around the area. Location is on the north side of city and this makes it easy to travel to the sites (which are all to the north). Outside of building looks nicer than inside. A lot of dollars were spent on the lobby area, not so in the rest of the hotel.
Our room was located just down the hallway from the front desk , not a good choice. Noisy with people coming and going.
The hotel has music playing in their sound system ALL NIGHT LONG.Music with a base sound in it. SO>>> all night long we got to hear the pounding in our room. This along with the constant cycling of the air conditioner every 15 minutes made it very difficult to sleep.
Also there was one ice machine - located on second floor on the opposite side of the building. a 10 minute trip each time .
Beds were not very comfortable. There is a lounge here but a Margaretta is 10.00/ each For sure you will not have too many. Rates were very attractive but... If you are really tired this may be a good place for you.

Room Tip: don't stay on the first floor near the front desk.
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We studied TripAdvisor and all the reviews for hotels in Albuquerque. We decided to give Nativo Lodge a try since it had good reviews and user feedback. We made our reservation on August 6th DIRECTLY via their website. We would be arriving September 14th and staying two nights. They offered a Buy One Get One, so we booked the Junior Suite. We indicated on the reservation that we were celebrating our 15 year anniversary and would be arriving late. After making our reservation online, we called them directly approx 1 week later to confirm the reservation and to make sure it was noted that we were going to be celebrating our anniv.

We arrived at Nativo Lodge on Friday the 14th at 11pm after driving 12 hours! Upon checking in, we were told that the Junior suite was unavailable and that they had us in a room with two double beds. They asked us if that was acceptable and I said "No, not at all. We are here to celebrate our anniversary and we booked this over a month ago! Specifically the Junior Suite" The manager, Erika, was called and made aware of the situation that evening. We were given free express bkfst passes and told that we would hear from Erika first thing in the morning.

The following morning we went down to breakfast and then to the front desk to talk to Erika. We were told that she was on her way and would be there in about 30 mins. After a bit, the front desk clerk called Erika again and then we were told that she was running late and would be there around noon. At that time we demanded to talk to her now or another manager. After a somewhat heated discussion with her on the phone she proceeded to contact the Operations Manager. Their offer to us was a King room for the second night or 20% OFF the Junior suite!!! WTF?!?! Needless to say, we left immediately!!!

While all this was going on, there was another gentleman who also had made a reservation and then upon arriving, there was no room for him. I wonder how this place stays in business if this is how they treat their guests, especially those who go to the effort to reserve a room. It is VERY unfortunate that on the eve of our anniversary we were unable to sleep in the same bed, had to sleep in separate beds because their beds are so small. Then spent our actual anniversary day stressed and on the road driving home for 12 hours! Nativo Lodge caused our time in Albuquerque to not be a pleasant one. We encourage ALL to AVOID Nativo Lodge. It should be your LAST RESORT!!!

1  Thank JoyfulOne13
HHandR, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide excellent levels of service and accommodation to each of our guests and we unfortunately did not meet your expectations. Please allow us to apologize again for your inconvenience due to not having a Junior Suite available. We have redoubled our staff training efforts to ensure we can accommodate each guests needs, and sincerely hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

This hotel is very different than big city hotel chains. Atrium alone is worth staying at this location. You get a fabulous feel the minute you walk through the doors - rooms do not disappoint - spacious with balconies and mountain views. It has a little more casual management style than Dallas-Houston-type hotels but that is part of the charm. Erica oversees the front desk and smooths out any bumps that may occur. I saw lots of complaints about only one elevator - we stayed during a very busy time and it was never a problem. Housekeeping was extremely nice and efficient. Jr. Suites are the way to go if you like the extras or traveling with kids - however there is a small drawback to the jr. suites. They all have adjoining doors which allows for extra noise from your neighbors. If you do not have to have a mini fridge (which is super cold - not luke warm like some) and microwave you would be better to book the extended rooms with all solid doors and walls. Otherwise, you have to deal with the noise - we wanted the mini fridge and will book the exact same type room on our next visit. My only complaint was no gift shop - the place screams for a gift shop and they are probably working on it. Very sexy hotel and family friendly all at the same time - somehow they manage to blend the two perfectly. A big thank you to Erica for making our stay so enjoyable. Also thanks to Tammy for going the exta mile when we using the business office. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Extended king or double if you don't want a mini fridge and micowave - they have alot less noise...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Erika P, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Thank you for taking time to post your comments and feedback. I agree, a gift shop would definitely be beneficial to our guests.I will pass the gracious comment onto Tammy. I am happy to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, and would love to have you back. Take Care.

Best,