“Attractive Decor” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Attractive Decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We chose the Nativo because of the Native American decor and we weren't disappointed. The public areas contained many beautiful art pieces and the rooms were tastefully and comfortably decorated as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was a surprise find for my wife and I. It was incredibly good value, had a great lobby area, and also a good fitness room and indoor/outdoor pool with spa. The room was clean, large and quiet, with a good bathroom. I would thoroughly recommend this place.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Anaheim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel was like a breath of fresh mountain air in the world of ho hum budget priced hotels. I don't know how they do it but I was shocked upon my arrival to discover a beutifully decorated southwestern themed hotel for such an incredibly low price ! the staff was incredibly friendly and super helpful in every respect. I wanted some late night food and when I called to ask how late they served from the menu I was surprised to hear 10 PM. Being nearly 10, I rushed downstairs to the lobby restaurant and Josh the bartender took great care of me in the restaurant as well as his bar customers at the same time. The chef whipped up some delicious food for me with all the trimmings AND with my vegetarian modifications, in no time flat even though it was right at 10PM. Very impressive service ! My room was on the top floor with a beautiful western view of the mountains and the sunset which I very much enjoyed after a long day on the road. The room was very clean and also nicely appointed with Navaho patterned carpets and a nice southwaestern flare.
The bedding was very clean and nicely appointed as well as being very comfortable. My ONLY minor complaint with the bathroom was that the towels had the wierd chemical MOTEL smell to them. (not really bleach ?).
Anyway, I only had the pleasure of a one night stay but upon leaving I accidentally left a tiny little cloth pouch with some beautiful pendants I had brought as a special gift for a friend. I didn't discover my mistake until late that evening when I went to look for them in my things so I called and spoke with the head of housekeeping who was very helpful and told me he would look for my item. I had to call back when I didn't hear back from him the next day but I then spoke with Bernice and she promised to investigate further and get back to me which is exactly what she did. I received a call from her the very next day with the good news that she had located my item and would leave it for my friend to pick up at the front desk. My past experience with hotels has always been , if you left it ...it's gone. Another reason to love this place. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice Hotel in the northern ABQ area. I have Never recieved so much bang for my buck while traveling.

Room Tip: Ask for the western view but the elevator was a bit slow so maybe not on the top floor ??
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Desiree B, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Eddie S.,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Native American Décor, and that you had such a lovely experience in our Spirit Winds Café. We hope to welcome you back to Nativo on your next visit.
baltimore, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean, comfortable, and located right off the main highway. We were in town for the balloon fiesta so it was great to be only a few exits away.
There are also a bunch of restaurants nearby, which was convenient. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer L
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

From the moment we arrived at Nativo Lodge to the moment we checked out we received wonderful service. We were lucky and received an upgrade to a higher floor with a mountain view. It was absolutely breath taking! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The great room was so pretty and uniquely decorated. Breakfast was delicious and the staff was very helpful. The pool and outdoor sitting area were clean and much needed on a 105 degree day! I will definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Trempealeau, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My family stayed here for 1 week during the ballon fiesta. We were very pleased with all the service we received there. We went to the bar and they had a "Breaking Bad" martini that was wonderful. I am a running and I was able to use their gym daily and then take a run outside also to see all the beautiful balloons. I felt very safe while out running in this area. I would highly recommend Nativo to all travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Pros:
1. Comfortable bed, good shower water pressure
2. Close to a couple of good restaurants
Cons:
1. Be careful of the old switch-a-roo at check in. Website said we would get a mountain view with an extended king room. There is no such thing.
2. Dirty laundry from previous guest in bathroom.
3. Not enough towels for two people.
4. Slow to no room service. We went to front desk to ask for coffee packets and the kid looked at us like we were from another planet.
5. Cold food at breakfast. It was free but.........
6. No icebox or microwave in room.
7. Next to a "wonderful" neighborhood where kids throw beer bottles in the street
8. No door man or bellhop
9. Front doors are not auto opening so you get to fight them while lugging in your own luggage
10. Elevator (only one) works "most" of the time
11. Oh yeah, free loud rock and roll music in the lobby and restaurant all day. Breakfast was never so interesting. Cold food / Rock n Roll. Hmmmmmmm????
12. Exit stairs have no lights. We asked about this and the man told us they were waiting on bulbs. Hmmmmmmmmm?

In a word.......Terrible
In another word.......Run!

Room Tip: I'm not convinced there are any good rooms. The entire place is noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bob-a-loo-Bob
We appreciate your feedback and apologize that your stay was not ideal. We have addressed these issues and can assure that they are being resolved. We are constantly improving and hope to welcome you back in the future.