“Who is posting these reviews??” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nativo Lodge Albuquerque

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Denver, Colorado
“Who is posting these reviews??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We reserved 2 rooms for 5 nights. Lobby is large, cute, dark, non-functional. Decor in rooms is hodge-podge. Some Native American touches with old, small crt tv, tiny unfurnished balcony. Mattresses were comfortable and hotel location is good. Staff were friendly, but not overly helpful. Neither room had adequate light---we were unable to see clothing colors in luggage or apply makeup in rooms late afternoon or night. The beds were covered with a sheet and an empty duvet cover--no blankets. Heat worked intermittently; one hair dryer didn't. Although requested, we were only given housekeeping in our rooms one day of our stay; towels were taken, but not replaced. It took the front desk about 10 minutes to find a replacement roll of tp for us (a bit less time for towels; blankets came up in about 20 minutes). We got locked out of one room on the last morning; were given a non-working key card & then maintenance had to be called. All in all, it took 40 minutes of asking to get someone to help us into the room! Single elevator did not work 2 days of our stay. Entire hotel is dark and noisy---one room on traffic side; other on pool side. Kids were regularly using pool at "non-open" hours without supervision, yelling, etc, while staff ignored them. Vending machines, but not working in the hotel. I would describe this stay as somewhat adequate. We won't be back and will certainly not recommend to anyone else. Beware---here you will get less than what you pay for! We stayed in a Best Western in a small town on our way home. It was a SIGNIFICANT improvement over the Nativo.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel in the same area. You will be SO much happier!
2 Thank Sharon A
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hi Sharon A.,

Thank you for your critique of your recent stay with us. We strive to make every guest as comfortable as possible, and knowing when and where we fall short helps us improve.

I am sorry that there were so many issues with the property and staff during your visit.

Please consider giving us another chance to show you our best side when you come to or through Albuquerque again.

Susan C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
mayo ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed and ate here recently. A bit chilly so asked for extra blankets, delivered within 5mins. Went to the bar and asked for the food menu. We were not that hungry so asked if we could order small portions. Again we were accommodated as guests should be. Nothing was too much for the staff here which you don't see too often nowadays.
The rooms were clean and comfortable also. The dream catchers over the bed were a nice touch. Overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom T
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Hi Tom,

It's good to hear about how our staff was able to accommodate you so well and so quickly during your recent stay. We do try to make every guest comfortable and happy during their stay.

I hope you had a wonderful trip to Albuquerque and will visit again soon. We'd love to have you stay with us again.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I'm one of those people who only shares positive experiences but this stay at Nativo Lodge left such a bad taste in my mouth I felt the need to share.

1. Our "mountain view" room was a view of a hospital. Not to mention the room assigned for us was not clean at 8pm so we had to be moved 3 floors down.

2. The front desk had no idea what was going on. Literally. Every question I asked I was greeted with the answer of "I'm not sure" or "I don't know". It was as if everyone was just thrown to the wolves without any sort of training.

3. There was dirty soap and towels left from the previous guest. THAT IS DISGUSTING AND UNACCEPTABLE.

4. A groupon I had ordered ensured that we would get a breakfast included in the groupon deal for the stay. When we woke up the restaurant was an hour late to opening and when I asked the front desk what was going on (THEY ONCE AGAIN DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE IT WAS OPEN), the answer I received was that a server hadn't shown up. WHAT!? Is there no manager to open up the restaurant? I work in a kitchen and even if a server doesn't show up, a chef or a cook still has to cook food BUT THERE WAS NO ONE EVEN IN THE KITCHEN. I just left.

5. The attendant at the front desk went off to ask another co-worker why the restaurant wasn't open. I could still hear them speaking and the other co-worker said very rudely and very sarcastically "just tell here there's no server, UMMM SORRY". Like it was an inconvenience for me to ask where breakfast was or that my stay was inconvenient.

6. Noisy noisy hotel.

7. Called the manager about this less than pleasing stay. She said she would call back. Still hasn;t.

This hotel does not care about the customer at all. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: There isn't one.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle V
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Danielle V.,

I am sorry you encountered such issues during your stay with us earlier this month.

We are taking your concerns very seriously and addressing them with our staff. We want every guest to have a great experience here.

I hope you still enjoyed your visit to Albuquerque and plan to visit again. Please consider giving us another chance.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

We are moving across the country and found ourselves here for a few nights and had the best experience. We ate at the restaurant that they have and the staff was amazing. Sean Dwyer the chef makes the best food and was MORE than accommodating at trying to make us exactly what we wanted. Being pregnant I ordered a sandwich and it didnt agree with my stomach at all and both the watress Dominique and Sean were more than happy to change out my food for me. We will stay again for sure!!

1 Thank Amanda A
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hi Amanda A,

Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience here at Nativo Lodge. I'm glad to hear how our staff helped you enjoy good food that agreed with you and made your stay as comfortable as possible.

I hope your growing family gets a chance to visit Albuquerque again soon, and that you can stay with us again.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

We've stayed at Nativo Lodge twice in the last month and are going back in a few weeks. Service and accommodations are mostly very good, with just a few glitches, making this a good value. We got the NM resident rate, which must be about the same cost as places with an single digit numeral in the name. (Proof of residence is required at check in.) most of the check in staff are very helpful, esp. Ashley and Cameron. A petite Native American female clerk, with no name badge, wasn't so helpful. We chose to stay on the first floor for easy access to the car. The rooms on the ground floor, even facing the freeway, were surprisingly quiet. The wall blocks most all of the noise.
Tanya is a hard working bartender and server. Enjoyed the chicken quesadilla and happy hour cocktails. The margarita seemed made from her very own mix, not out of a jug or plastic. Great job, Tanya. The indoor/outdoor pool looked inviting. It's a small pool and when a few children are splashing around, that pretty much occupies the entire pool. The gym is very basic; just 4 pieces of equipment and a small tv.
Glitches: the reservation system doesn't seem ready for prime time. The first reservations took days to arrive in email. I'd called to confirm they were made, so got lots of duplicates. I had to change one set of dates and didn't get that change timely, so had to make another call. This happened last year when we made a reservation for a family member, so it seems a persistent problem.
On our first stay, the front of the lobby and the halfway down the lodging hallway was full of the smell of cigarette smoke. Another guest was probably using the first floor room with a patio door as a smoking lounge. I strongly suggested the outdoor ashtray be moved away for the front door. The staff seemed to appreciate being notified of the smoke odor and said they do charge if they find any evidence of smoking in the rooms. They also asked security to ensure outdoor smoking was limited to the designated smoking areas, so it wasn't outside other guest rooms.
One meal of shredded beef tacos made us both a bit ill. Not sure what kind of beef and it wasn't cooked much. That meal made us wonder if the restaurant has enough business to keep everything fresh ...
The tv in our room was an old tube tv. The picture was terrible, blurry even, but were not big tv watchers so it didn't matter too much.
Odd ambient music for the Native American theme ... During the day and early evening, the music is hard to heavy metal rock. I guess somebody likes that for atmosphere but it encouraged us to stay in our room or go out to eat. In the evening, the music changes to gentle flute or other instrumental, which seem a much better match for the ambiance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor were quieter than expected.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MnM1112
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear MnM1112,

Thank you for your detailed feedback on your recent stays at Nativo Lodge. We appreciate hearing about all aspects of our guests' time with us.

We pride ourselves on our staff's service, so thank you for letting us know that Ashley, Cameron and Tanya helped make your visits something special.

I'm sorry you experienced some hiccups while here. Our staff has been informed of the issues and are working to ensure that every guest experience is as nice as possible.

We hope you have a wonderful time when you visit us again.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I made reservations for my daughter and her boyfriend who are coming into town for the Christmas holiday. I spoke with Sarah who was able to accommodate my request for a room with a mountain view for them -- her friendliness, courtesy and overall phone demeanor was superb. In a time when great customer service is no longer the norm, it is refreshing to speak to someone who goes above and beyond to ensure your satisfaction. She is an excellent representation of the hotel's professional and friendly staff.

I can only rate this hotel based on my phone conversation, but am familiar with the location which is convenient to the freeway, shopping, and numerous restaurants, Also, great mountain views!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear QB505,

I'm so glad Sarah was able to help you reserve the perfect room for your daughter and her boyfriend. I hope they have a wonderful stay.

Our staff prides itself on its service, so thanks for letting us know about Sarah!

antioch, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We spent 6 days here. Nice hotel but lots of problems with staff. Not enough for a big event like the Balloon Fiesta. Food was ok--heard lots of complaints that too many dishes were too spicy. Not a lot to choose from that didn't have red chili. Our waitress , Natasha, was wonderful but she just could not handle everyone. Most times she was by herself. Our biggest issue was that our laundry was lost for 3 days and the front staff didn't think it was important enough to get to the bottom of it and find it. It took getting a manager involved finally to figure out that the clothes had been dropped off at the wrong hotel. If Justin or Jessica had followed up on it, we could have had our clothing in one day. Instead, I had to spend one afternoon doing laundry just to have clean clothes. The laundry service didn't charge us as it was their fault but I also felt Nativo should have done a MUCH better job at handling this matter. The general manager, Gerald, offered us a free night on our next trip there but we do not plan a trip to New Mexico in the future. It would have been nice of them to offer to refund a night from our bill. I would not stay here or recommend this hotel just for that reason--the place is nice but nothing special and there are plenty of other hotels that probably give better customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Susan C, Interactive Marketing Coordinator at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear toothdeb,

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with the laundry service and recovering your items. Our staff is fully aware of the problem and will be more diligent in resolving issues in the future.

I hope your visit to Albuquerque was a good one and that you do visit New Mexico again. Please considering giving us another chance, too.