“Overall a good place to stay”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
colorado
“Overall a good place to stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Clean rooms and comfy beds. Staff was friendly and it had a nice atmosphere. My only complaint would be that the walls a very thin. You can hear conversations in the rooms as you walk down the halls. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed twice for work a few days apart, the staff was so friendly and remembered my name and helped me out with whatever I asked for. The rooms were very nice especially the "artist" rooms which are hand painted by locals. I will not hesitate to come back on my next trip to the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I worked with the catering manager at the Nativo Lodge to plan my wedding reception. The attention to detail and communication leading up the the event was beyond expectation. The entire experience was stress free. I highly recommend this venue.

• Stayed March 2014
Chinle, Arizona
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent. I had pancakes they were fluffy and tasty. My eggs were a perfect over medium a style hard to come by. Our server Missy and cook Tamera made our stay one we will repeat. My company had a chimichanga and it was yummy as well. The restaurant was clean and the coffee fresh even though we ate well after the morning rush

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Once..., no, more than once, during a life-changing period in my life, I stayed at this hotel.
They made it easy to choose when I felt like I had no choice. We all know those times. I would have said it earlier, but the rules prevented it.
Nativo Lodge knows how I feel because I relayed those feelings to G.M. Zamora. The staff knows from my survey comments, and now, so should everyone else.
In a word, kindness.
Jerri for her kindness on Christmas Eve when I found my tire had flattened, pumped me up; Ivan for his kindness on Christmas Day when everyone was closed (and busy) pumped up my flattened tire, too. Both major holidays. Jessica and Monica's kindness at the front desk helping me with a room when I needed it most-always smiling and making it seem like it was no big deal even though it was; Fabian for unclogging a tub and fixing the showerhead so late into his nightshift. When my heater was on the fritz, Fabian replaces it like it was no more trouble than changing a lighbulb. You know how frustrating it is trying to figure out how to get into your room w/o first key swiping 10x? Martin worked his kindness into magic to ease all my entries; to the kindness of the entire housekeeping staff who always made sure that I was well stocked with all the necessities; and especially to Alysia for her kindness and all of the extra blankets I asked for while nursing a cold; Tanya and John's kindness at the bar with their upbeat moods, even if I wasn't drinking.
This is a 'no pressure place' and the people here is the reason why. They are very accommodating.
You may read reviews about the good centralized and very accessible location or how a place this size still maintains it's 'lodge' comfort and intimacy, and you may hear other nice things that would normally encourage travellers to stay here, and that's okay, too.
I think Maya was right, '...people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' Thank you for your kindness.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank ctefan
OKC
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently, unforeseen circumstances had us staying in Albuquerque. Though we have stayed in town many times, this was the first experience at Nativo Lodge. We were greeted by very friendly desk staff and given a drink coupon and a restaurant discount coupon. Arranging to meet a relative in the area for dinner, we decided to take advantage of the hotel restaurant and were NOT disappointed. The food was VERY good and the service was wonderful. We were served by Tanya in the bar, where we also dined. We were so happy with the food that we elected to have breakfast there the next morning. Our waitress, Sher, was VERY friendly and attentive and the chef, Shawn, was fabulous. I highly recommend the breakfast chimichanga!! Also, the chef makes the salsa and it is spectacular. We would not hesitate to stay at Nativo in the future. Thanks again to everyone for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CBTR
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Just checked in 3/21/14. Check in staff was amazing, courteous, friendly and attentive, and super helpful and nice. Decided to stay in and have dinner at the restaurant and had the best waitress I could remember in a long time. ..Sher was so friendly and attentive and courteous. They have a wedding reception going on upstairs and I perfectly understand the kitchen is backed up. But Sher was honest and truthful about the wait. And in my book, that's better than waiting without knowing why. She made sure my daughters got their food right away and we didn't wait long after for ours. Sher, don't change a bit, your awesome! Will be coming back soon and often!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family