“Comfort and relaxation”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Comfort and relaxation”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to stay, short or long stay. Nicely priced, very clean. Staff is wonderful and very helpful and always happy, the front office manager, Glenn Major, was very trustworthy and never lost his charm.
Food at the restaurant is tasty. I loved the pool and hot tub. Even being a full house the lounge was a great place to relax and read a book. Already have plans to return in a few weeks. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
glennm246, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
dear Bettina S

Thank you for your review, It was my pleasure to provide you with trustworthy service. I am excited to welcome you and your family back to Nativo in the near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The theme of native art is abundant throughout the hotel which gives it a nice feel. However, the hotel itself is quite dated and the infrastructure could use an update (paint & new carpet). The staff were courteous although I interacted very little with them. Sher in the cafe was very helpful and very polite. Unfortunately I had to go to the cafe for morning coffee considering there was no coffee pot for the machine in the room. And although the hotel and room were relatively clean, the tub surround and shower curtain were absolutely filthy with pink spots everywhere. Pink in, on or around water is yup, you guessed it, salmonella. I was also a little taken back by the surprise $50 "coincidental fee" upon check-in. However, it was returned after I checked out. For the price (via Priceline) of $58 for the night it was ok. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I had Pricelined this room thinking it was a 3 star hotel as stated. When we arrived to this hotel, it was very old and run down in my opinion. We went up to our room and immediately noticed that the comforter had stains on it, along with cigarette burns, the bed ruffle had cigarette burns as well. Also the ceiling looked as if it had a previous leak but also looked like it was rusted or something of that sort. I then went to go put down my belongings on my bed and I noticed something crawling on the sheets, It was a BED BUG!!!! There was no way I was going to stay there!!! I scooped up the bug in a plastic cup and gathered all my belonging. I then showed the girl at the front desk and told her I was not going to sleep there and asked for a refund. She told me she understood and had encountered previous complaints before. Since it was through Priceline, I would have to call them but she said she would verify and gave me her name and number so Priceline could call her and confirm. I did get a refund thankfully but I am baffled how this hotel claims that they are a 3 star hotel!!!!

Room Tip: Don't sleep here due to the fact that there's bed bugs and rooms are not 3 star quality!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katherine P
glennm246, Front Office Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Katherine P

Thank you for your review I apologies that the room was not up to standard and will get that addressed immediately, as for the bed bugs we had a professional exterminator come out to take care of the issue and he did not find any evidence of them in the room. We would love the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future please contact me any time.

Sincerely Glenn Major
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel is very attractive and all areas seem very neat and tidy. The hotel has a nice little bar area and they offered me a free drink when I checked in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again--it has a unique feel and the location is excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side might be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Artesia, New Mexico
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hotel embraces the New Mexico Native American culture and art with its recent renovations. The lobby is amazing to look at and comfortable to hang out or the bar and restaurant directly adjacent to the main lobby. The rooms look great with good beads and balconies. There are 2 pools one indoors and the other outdoors. The location is close to cliffs and many restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank katie1898
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Staff was extremely friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel had a great ambiance. I would like to thank a couple of people. First, with Chanda she checked us in with a smile and asked how our drive was. Secondly, Natasha our bartender for the night. She was getting ready to close but stayed open for us. She explained the hotel, the different artist rooms, Nativo has. The restaurant was already close but she found some pretzels for is to munch on and enjoy our wine from a long trip. The rooms were comfortable and nice after a long day of driving. We would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Atore
San Diego
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My must haves for a hotel are clean and reasonably priced. This hotel was both. Comfortable bed. Only complaint was that air conditioner would only cool the room to about 75 degrees which is a bit to warm for sleeping. Also a free continental breakfast would have been nice.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple