“Staff makes the experience”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #42 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Fort Defiance, Arizona
“Staff makes the experience”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Been hanging out at the bar since check in, the service is excellent. Sher, our bartender, is quick to help out and suggest a different twist on a margarita. She's a great conversationalist and was happy to tell me about the area. Definitely happy we met her!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear James T,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel, I am so thrilled that Sher made your bar experience a good one, you will definitely need to come back to our hotel for another great experience. Thank You

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a awesome place, everyone was nice Chandra at the front desk was awesome, and very helpful, location is great 10 min. Away from pretty much everything.. Very Clean and nice rooms, bed was very relaxing. I am definatly going back here in my next visit to Albuquerque !!

• Stayed August 2014
Michael W, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Rmay915,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, Chandra is a great employee and I am so glad that she exceeded your expectations. It's nice to hear that you will be coming back to the Nativo for your next visit.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our weekend getaway was much needed. We had not been away alone for almost 3 years. It was very relaxing and the view was great. I was over the pool and it looked beautiful to look out. The staff was very nice. I walked out my room and the housekeeper said good morning then when we came back asked if we needed services. I told her we were good she was so pleasant. Glenn Major is a great manager for this facility. Oh and the free cocktail was an unexpected item. I never been to another hotel that offered this and I live in NM. I will stay again and recommend this location to my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Karen T.,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, it is nice to hear that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. Glenn Major is a great asset to our hotel and management team he does the little things that have guests wanting to come back aqain and again. We are looking forward to you coming back and staying with us again.

Nara Visa, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 August 2014

my opinion of this hotel was wonderful !!!!! The managers and all the staff was very kind and they made you feel welcome ! It was a very clean quiet place and very pretty there !! who ever stays here will love it !!! very affordable ! I will be staying again that's for sure !!! Toni

Room Tip: the top floors are quiet and better views !
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Michael W, General Manager at Nativo Lodge Albuquerque, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words Toni E., we are so happy that you enjoyed yourselves while you visited our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the staff we thrive on giving the best customer service we possibly can. We would love for you to come back and stay with us again very soon.
Sunset, SC
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was delighted to find such a wonderful place. My daughter and I had been driving from San Francisco to Albuquerque and wondered what our hotel would be like. We usually stay at the Marriott and this compared very favoribly. The room was large, clean, comfortable and VERY affordable. I'll stay there the next time I'm in town. Well done Navito!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Maryann5801

I'm so happy to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves while you were at the Nativo Lodge, we would love for you to stay with us again. The next time you come to Albuquerque please visit us again we would love to have you.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We were not able to stay at nativo lodge it was booked but we had to come and eat there breakfast. Heather was our waitress she was very friendly made sure we were very satisfied. Tamara cooked our breakfast just right.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rachel W.,

Thank you so much for eating with us, the next time you are in town I hope we have rooms available so you can experience the hotel as well. Heather and Tamara have great customer service skills I'm so glad that they made your restaurant experience a pleasant one.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 July 2014

As its name says, this hotel has a focus on native American cultures. It is decorated with Indian tribes´s motives and it is really charming. The lobby is precious with a roof that gives an illusion of a night sky (see my pictures).

The rooms are some how spacious and also have nice decoration related to native people´s from Southern US. They have comfortable bed, reasonably shower and swimming pool, which can be handy when traveling during summer in New Mexico.

The friendliness and willingness to help are the main points I could notice about the staff members.

What I would considered not much professional, is that when we visited the hotel at the end of June 2014, there were few guests and therefore, they closed the restaurant whiteout informing the guests. We were tired from our trip and we had to search for other options. The bright side is that the hotel is located relatively close to many options on restaurants.

For the breakfast they opened the restaurant and, although we saw other guests around, we were the only ones at that time in the restaurant. Maybe the location which close to a highway but distant from other main/central areas from Albuquerque, it´s not attractive for many travels.

It´s a pity, because the hotel is really interesting to experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JuPereira
Dear JuSouza,

Thank you for noticing the attentiveness of the staff we strive on making sure that all of our guests needs are satisfied. We will make a more concerted effort to make sure our restaurant is opened the hours that we advertise, we would like to apologize for that. Whenever you make it back our way please make Nativo your hotel of choice.