“Excellent Business-Class Hotel; Convenient North Location”

Nativo Lodge Albuquerque
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Austin, Texas
“Excellent Business-Class Hotel; Convenient North Location”
Reviewed 24 June 2010

This is a nice hotel located just off I25 in the north business corridor. It is close to many restaurants, shopping, and businesses. The rooms are clean, and the staff does a good job of keeping the space in good shape. Furnishings are typical of what you would find in a good business-class hotel (like Hampton Inn or Marriot Courtyard), and everything is quite new and in good condition. TV, plumbing, AC, wireless internet, etc all worked well. The hotel is furnished in southwest/adobe style with a big lobby and bar area. There is a full-service restaurant just off the lobby. Free breakfast is not included with the room, but the food selection is far superior to what is offered by Hampton Inn and similar "free-breakfast" hotels. The room price plus breakfast price is still quite reasonable compared to similar hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Denver, CO
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I was in town for a conference and pricelined a great deal at this property. It was listed as a 3 star, and it really had some nice touches that made it very comfortable including a very nice pillow top bed, aveda bath products, and a huge room with refrigerator and microwave. But I must say that the the employees were so polite and welcoming, including Jonathan at the front desk. He met my requests, and was the best front desk host I have the pleasure to deal with. Patrick in the Spirit Winds restaurant was very contentious and polite waiter who seemed to really enjoy his job at serving others. Loved it!! The decor was unique- fun for a traveler to see something different than the same old hotel look. The only downside would be that you can hear traffic noise, in which I chose to drown out with the fan on the AC. But other than that, it was a very good experience!

Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed 12 June 2010

After reading through the reviews here on TripAdvisor, I was a bit leary of staying at Nativo. Although most reviews were positive, it was the few negative reviews that caught my eye. After the stay, I am glad that I went through with the booking.

Pros:
1. Bed was amazingly comfortable, and was possibly one of the best hotel beds I have slept in. It was right up there with higher end chain hotels such as DoubleTree & Embassy Suites.
2. Hotel Decor was very nice. The hotel is themed in a traditional Native American/New Mexico culture. Very pleasing to the eyes.
3. Restaurant food, although a bit pricey, was very good.
4. Location is near several major restaurants and close to downtown area.

Cons:
1. Bathroom does not have an exhaust fan. Use of the tub causes it to steam up something terrible. The sink and mirror is located just outside of the bathroom.
2. The hotel bar & restaurant close at 10pm. Doesnt leave much time to eat or drink if you have a long day planned.
3. A lot of reviews mention a 'manager's reception' with free/reduced priced drinks, and a complimentary breakfast, however neither were mentioned to me at check-in and I couldnt find any literature about it in the room.

Overall, I thought the hotel was a good value, and nice play to stay. The rooms were clean, quiet, and just what I needed for lodging during a business trip. The staff wasnt overly friendly, but they did their job and I had no complaints with them.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 11 June 2010

Nativo Lodge ABQ

Native American owned and themed. Red and brown lobby decor. Tan rooms. Parties came and went but the noise did not permeate my room that was close to the open center. Lobby was well used with multiple options for group seating, that groups definitely used. One of the lobby tables was a drum. Big room with sliding door to a private balcony. Aveda bathroom products.

49 cents a minute lobby computer that doesn't tell you when the minimum 3 mins are up. Ouch.

Lowe's was at the next highway exit. Target was next to that, so this non-shopper got it all done quickly, close by and on a bicycle. Bought dinner at Sunflower Market a block away in the other direction. Breakfast at Starbucks. A 10 minute bike ride from the Pyramid, where my meetings were held. The Pyramid and Courtyard often fill up during big events. This is a good alternative hotel, a little more than walking distance. 20 minute bike ride mostly along the bike trails from Journal Center train station.

It wasn't the lowest bid ever accepted for a good hotel on Priceline but I'm not complaining.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Denver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Our stay in this hotel was lovely! The rooms were large and comfortable and the beds were great. The staff were all very nice and they have some wonderful package deals. A great find!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I was running late for a meeting because my flight had landed late and when I arrived at the hotel I was immediately taken care of. I was very flustered and in a bit of a rush. The front dest supervisor called a cab for me while i rant to my room to freshen up. When I got to my room, I was taken by surprise because the housekeeping was absolutely wonderful. After I had finished getting ready for my meeting, the cab was already waiting for me downstairs. Because of the front desk taking care of my needs in a timely manner, I arrived at my meeting with 5 minutes to spare. I appreciated the service; it really made me feel important.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I wanted to compliment the attentive service and professionalism of your manager, Jonathan Holman during our stay this weekend. We were fortunate enough to spend time with several talented artists and musicians at your hotel Friday and Saturday. On Saturday after your bar closed, we wanted to enjoy more music. Instead of shutting the music down, Jonathan offered us a banquet room to enjoy so that none of your other guests were disturbed and we could still enjoy the fellowship with the musicians. I appreciate his creative thinking to keep all of your guests happy.

In addition to the wonderful service, I wanted to let you know that the rooms and your hotel in general was very clean, nice and comfortable.

Thank you for a wonderful stay in Albuquerque!

Loren Lawson