“BEST EVER SERVICE”

Ranked #28 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Espanola, New Mexico
“BEST EVER SERVICE”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I Take my family and friends there all the time because they make us feel welcomed from the time we step foot in the front doors.They go out of their way to make sure everyting is good. if we ever need anything they are prompt at delevering whatever it is we need.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2011

My best friend and I planned a vacation to Santa Fe and Taos, NM. I had an overnight stay in Albuquerque and thought I'd spend a day in Albuquerque while I waited for her. My flight was terribly delayed and I arrive well after midnight. When I landed I called the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel to let them know I'd arrive and was waiting for my bags. I was travelling from LGA to Dallas to Albuquerque. Turns out the airlines lost all of the luggage of the travelers from Dallas to Albuquerque - can you imagine? So I had to leave my information with the airlines baggage claim and that took over an hour. The hotel sent someone to pick me up and was extremely helpful. In particular Alan was on duty and the customer service he extended was excellent.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 April 2011

I really feel the price for the hotel is great if you don't mind a few hiccups! The room was nicely put together since their site metioned a renovation, however at Check-in the Lady seemed annoyed that I interupted her conversation between her and the chef, then the room had coffee grinds in the coffee pot which why even bother to the housekeeper....
Overall I would stay again, like I said the price is great and just yards from the airport so can't really complain.

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 5 April 2011

The hotel has been recently renovated and it shows. Everything is spick and span. Staff went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasant one. I expected some airport noise and experienced none. The lady at the breakfast bar was very helpful and efficient. The smallest request was immediately taken care of with dispatch. This is my place to stay in Albuquerque!

Room Tip: 15th floor and the panorama view was awesome
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I wasn't expecting such a fashionable hotel ,with it's high quality linens and bedding . Unexpected in Albequerque, a true oasis in the desert. The staff was also great and knowledgeable !

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2011

It's so refreshing to enter a pleasant aromatic hotel lobby and be greeted by friendly and caring staff who are obviously genuinely concerned about your stay.

Room service was great, the bar - a relaxing atmosphere to visit with family, friends or new friends.

Bottom line...wonderful stay in a clean spacious quiet room and would highly recommend to anyone traveling to or through ABQ.

Regards,
A frequent traveler

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe
Reviewed 1 April 2011

This hotel has had several owners over the past three decades, most recently The Albuquerque Grand Hotel, and is now under Sheraton ownership. Under the new management, the rooms have been refreshed, and the lobby, bar, and restaurant remodeled. Unfortunately, all the charm of the former incarnation is now gone. The former nice restaurant with its interesting menu now seems hardly different from a coffee shop, with Formica topped tables, booths, and generic decor. The menu is standard low-end hotel fare: burger and chicken sandwich, frozen chicken breasts slathered with cheese or plopped over noodles. The large homey fireplace in the bar is gone, and the artwork, such as it is, is now mostly shapeless splotches of colors. The lobby, bar, and restaurant all flow together, with hard echoey surfaces and unimaginative decor.

My room was comfortable, but Spartan (one bath towel, sink didn't drain properly, clock radio alarm didn't work). Internet use is now $10/day in the room, no more free coffee in the lobby. On the plus side, the new management retained many of the former employees, who are extremely nice and helpful. Will I stay there again (I live in Santa Fe and oftn spen the night in Albuquerque when I have an early morning flight)? Probably not. Most of the charm is gone, the chain restaurants down the road offer better food and lower prices, and I hate being nickel-and-dimed for minimal amenities. One doesn't expect an airport hotel to be like a Ritz Carlton, but I would have expected more from the Sheraton organization.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
mlujan, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Dear SantaFeResident1,
Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us, we take pride in our newly
“14 Million Dollar Renovation” as a “Starwood Property”. It is a change from our previous Southwestern Décor and of course the loss of our Fireplace in the Rojo Restaurant, however the new change has been well received by most. Your feedback is appreciated and has been passed on to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if you would contact me directly to assist in your reservation.
With Best Regards,