“Awesome!”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The nicest staff ever. Very friendly and helpful. Great room, good restaurant, and super close to the airport. Great stay.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Covington, TX
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Having a 6 am flight out, I booked into the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport hotel the evening before. Check in was quick, friendly and efficient. I was given a room in the area of the hotel I had requested (near the elevator, as I had 4 large pieces of luggage). The room was modern, clean and most comfortable. After a wonderful dinner at the bar, I watched some TV on the HD flat screen, and went to sleep early, due to a 4 am wake up. The bed and linen were fantastic!. Great shower and amenities. They say this was one of the top rated Sheratons in the country last year, and I could see why. The shuttle service runs on demand, 24 hours a day. The location is great, as it is right outside the airport entrance. Do yourself a favor before a flight, and treat yourself to a stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank txrubbbbles
Karl-Sheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2012
Dear txrubbbbles-

Thank you very much for your kind words. Because of our location next to the airport and newly renovated facility- you have discovered what many others have... a great hotel to start your early AM trip out to your destination while pampering yourself.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, found it comfortable and our food and beverage great!

Come back and see us- share the secret!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed at this Sheraton during a recent business trip to ABQ because it was close to the airport and meeting place, and the rates were good. Overall, I give this property a B- or C+ (take your pick). The service I received was top notch, so they get props. However, that is where the greatness ends. As Mark M says, it is obvious that they recently renovated -- the rooms ARE nice, and the interior hallways and lobby areas show off ABQ's Southwest heritage.

My room was facing the Airport (on request) and was on the 11th floor (also on request). Upon arriving at the hotel, finding the light switch was the first hurdle to cross. Even with the light from the hallway, it was hard to find. Yes, it is located right next to the entrance, but at a spot that light switches normally don't inhabit. I finally had to go the bathroom to turn the light's on there (another odd location for a light switch) and found the light's to the main room.

The room itself was spacious, inviting, and clean. The bathroom was modern with a shaving mirror, and lots of little freebies that you don't normally find in a hotel. The bed, while soft and plush, was a chore to sleep in as the staff overly starches the sheets making them itchy. The thermostat did not work and my room was a chilly 68F the entire time -- I didn't mind this so much as I like the cold, but for anyone who likes warm rooms, this may be a deal breaker. On the flip side, my companion's room also had a broken thermostat, but his room was 85F the entire time -- so make sure you get a room with a working thermostat.

The wifi in this hotel, while being advertised at $10/day is now free -- at least as far as I can tell. However, the wifi itself was spotty at best with frequent connection issues and lots of dropped packets. A simple IM conversation was more of a chore than picking up the call and dialing an international call.

All in all, this is a beautiful hotel, but there are lots of little kinks that add up to force me to rate it 3. If and when they get these little issues fixed (and if I go back to ABQ and stay there), I'm sure my rating will change.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, ask for a room on the south (airport) side. The stairwell is outdoors and you...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Karl-Sheraton, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
dietrichmd-

Thank you for your comments about your stay, I'm glad that we met your requests successfully, and you found the hotel overall good. I am sorry about the itchy sheets, we just got in new linen, so the sizing may've not been all washed out.. The thermostats and Wi-Fi being spotty is unfortunate and It doesn't seem you contacted anyone. Please contact us so we can find the room and we would be more than happy to make it up to you.

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The stay started out and finished great. The shuttle driver that picked us up from the airport gave us a quick overview of NM in the 3-min ride from the airport. He was very friendly. The check-in was seamless. The room was clean and comfortable. I had food from room service. Room service was prompt and tasty. The location was great. Very close to the airport (3 min ride) without the noise. I would stay again!

tbtrips-

We appreciate your kind words about our hotel, fast friendly service and tasty room service are keys to a good nights sleep!.

Come back and see us again-

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Hotel was really clean and room was very nice. The staff here are so friendly and helpful. This location has a 24 shuttle with super nice drivers. When I landed and called from courtsey phone it took about 3 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. I asked about the schedule for the driver upon check in and she said just show up about 5 minutes before you want to leave and he will take you back. Sure enough the next morning I popped on down and the shuttle was ready to go, he took me separately, even though a flight attendant was down there but she said she was waiting for friend and they would leave in 10 minutes. At any other location, you only get on the 1/2 hour service. I loved this feature. I also ate in the restaurant, the pasta was very good. I am a platinium starwood member and I would highly recommend for any business traveler. Even close to the airport, my room was very quiet for sleeping.

Kelly I-

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel. We feel we have a terrific staff including our Shuttle and Culinary teams. And thanks to our $14M renovation- a great property! Our goal is to be one of the top Airport Hotels in the US and your comments will help us get there.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The wife, dog, and I stayed here during an interstate move. The location made it fairly easy to find, and it was the only high-end pet-friendly hotel in southern Albuquerque. All of the pet rooms are on the fourth floor. The pet deposit charge is minimal, but they do have a pretty ridiculous (three-page) release that they'll want you to sign. We just, uh, forgot.

The decor is very Frank-Lloyd-Wrightish, sort of a 50's-era take on ultra-modernity. Bed was nice but the bathrooms, while functionally fine, were sort of lacking in terms of style and size.

We ordered room service from the kitchen. While predictably not cheap, it arrived in record time and was quite delicious.

Overall, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the decor is attractive, the services are excellent, and the location was convenient for us.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Taos NM
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times under various ownerships, and the current Sheraton is by far the nicest - it's been completely redone. The room was attractive & clean & the bed comfortable. I thought the bathroom was a little cheesy & second class, though. But my main issue was with the thermostat. Although theoretically I could set it at any temperature, at 60 degrees it remained stiffling hot - it must have been near 80. And I had gone out to dinner & had it set at a low temperature for several hours! I finally figured out that if I simply turned off the thermostat it would be cooler, but I was sweating & wishing I had shorts & a tank top (in January!) before I figured that out. I was only there for one brief night, or else I would have notified the desk. This spoiled an otherwise good night's sleep.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Dear NMTaosena

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are glad you are a regular and appreciate that you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear your thermostat was not working. I does not appear you let us know about it while in the hotel. Just a simple call and we would've had our maintenance person look in to see what was wrong. I'm sorry your stay was less than perfect.

As you are our neighbor, we hope that your will come back to stay with us and give us another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable nights stay. Please call or email us if your plans should include Albuquerque, NM.