“Perfectly acceptable airport hotel”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #37 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Clean comfortable, modern room with maybe a 37 to 40 inch flatscreen. Free bottled water. Granite countertops. Friday night check-in was quick and hassle free. I paid $70 on Priceline the weekend before Christmas and would have felt it was a fine value up to $125 or so. Every employee I met was cheerful and helpful. The smallish downstairs bar was a little lacking in atmosphere, but not bad and it had an excellent selection of craft beers on tap. Modern exercise equipment. It's not a resort property. My view was of large long-term parking lots, with a little of the valley off in the distance. But if you're in town because you've got things to do and aren't going there to hang out all day at the hotel, there's nothing I'd complain about. I'd be perfectly happy to stay here again, and probably will.

Room Tip: It looked to me like there would be parking lot views from any room in the hotel. The west-facing r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel. We are please you fetl like you received a great value during your recent stay. You are 100% correct in your assessment of our staff members. They truely are some of the warmest, most helpful individuals in the hospitatlity industry.

Although we don't have a large bar we do have plenty to offer and we hope you can come back and enjoy NFL ticket or some great NBA League pass games on our 7 big screen televisions. Again thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Typically I dont stay near airports but this was a quick in and out trip.
The hotel is so close you can walk but they have a free shuttle that will pick you up.
The lobby has a nice bar and restaurant with TVs and wifi. The rooms are remodeled nicely with flat panels and are nicely appointed. They give you free bottled water in the rooms as well as free WiFi. There is starbucks coffee in the rooms as well.
The bed was mediocre at best and I didnt sleep too well but I am a bed snob. The HVAC was central so no wall units going on and off during the night.
The windows are all double paned so no aircraft noise either.
Plenty of free parking.
All in all a quality property. What you expect from Sheraton.
Decent price as well, <$100/night.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This place is a bit pricey, but you just can't beat it's convenience. It's literally one-minute (by free shuttle) form the ABQ airport to the front door. Rooms are very well appointed and maintained - bathrooms are outstanding. The main restaurant downstairs I'd rate as only average. My wife and I often stay here for the night when we fly into Albuquerque late at night.

Room Tip: Skip the Club Level. Not worth what you get.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Why does Albuquerque have to be so hard to spell? I needed a hotel for one night, in Albuquerque. I was stopping over, enroute to LA, to visit a childhood freind, who I had not seen in 35 years. He agreed to drive to see me, so I decided to skip renting a car, to save money. Having visited Albuquerque in the 1990s, I wasn't bothered about sightseeing. The quick nature of my visit screamed "convenience" to me. As an SPG member, I felt a need to try to stay at a Sheraton soon, as I was nearing the time limit when my points would be erased, if I didn't earn some more. Many times, over the past year, when I have looked at Sheraton properties, I have ended up booking another brand, because of price. This time, I was happy to find that the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport has a reasonable price. Some say it's within walking distance to the terminal, but when I went outside and looked, I thought, "I'm not walking that far with this luggage." Although I only stayed one night in Albuquerque, my entire trip was for 10 days. Personally, I wouldn't want to walk it with even one bag, but I am very lazy. No problem, though, I just nipped back into the baggage claim area and used the free telephone to call the hotel. They provide a free shuttle van and it came promptly, upon my requesting it.

The property seems of typical Sheraton quality. I got a King bed, which was plenty comfortable. I was put in a room on a high floor, which is my preference. When I was checking in, my friend arrived and met me in front of the check in desk. My only complaint was that the woman checking me in seemed impatient with me, after asking for a credit card, because I was greeting my friend, who I hadn't seen for 35 years. She interrupted he and I greeting each other, to re-urge me to provide the card. She looked and sounded impatient with me. Now, given that I was the only customer at the desk, I thought her attitude was uncalled for. No other complaints during my brief stay. All other staff encountered, the van driver, who also was the bell boy, the other staff at the desk, all were pleasent. If I needed a convenient airport hotel in Albuquerque Airport again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Pretty nice hotel, newish rooms (at least for SPG members - there's no reason not to sign up) and lively bar/restaurant area on first floor. It was convenient for us heading to/from Santa Fe for a weekend. You can walk to the airport terminal from here if you don't have much luggage. We would stay here again without hesitation. One little ding: they forgot our wakeup call at 4:15 a.m. - fortunately, we set our phone alarms.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Having been a member of the SPG program since its inception, I have tried to stay at Sheratons whenever possible. They now own a property at the ABQ airport, having acquired it from a private company. As a resident of NM who lives 3 hours from the airport, it is often necessary to overnight either before or after a flight near the airport. The original hotel offered, and now Sheraton offers, a park and fly package.
That said, my friend and I needed a room for two nights - at beginning and end of long trip. Our first night was uneventful except for being assigned a handicap room. Our second night was a fiasco - we arrived at 10PM on a Saturday night in the middle of the ABQ Balloon Fiesta. We were transported to the hotel and the young lady on duty smiled brightly and asked "do you want the good news or the bad news first?" After travelling all day, I just wanted to plop but that wasn't going to happen so I chose the bad news option and was told the hotel was 'over committed' and we were going to be accomodated at the EconoLodge (!!!) but it'd be free! Groan. After biting my tongue, I reminded her that I had made my booking 3 months in advance and that there was no way we were going to the EconoLodge. More negotiations ensued and we were offered a room at the nearby Park Hyatt (where I'd never stayed). I then talked Sheraton into breakfast but think we only got that so we'd leave and go to the Hyatt where we got, wait for it, another handicap room. I could write an entire comment on that facility but will not as they were nice enough to give us a place to spend the night.
Of course I know hotels over book. Not thrilled with way our lack of a room was presented but am sure the receptionist didn't like having to deal with a cranky guest late at night.
All that aside, I will say that the Sheraton isn't nearly as nice as the hotel was before they took over. If, however, you need to be close to airport and want to take advantage of their park and fly package, it is a good deal provided they have a room for you!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Khkhnm
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Drove down to this hotel from Santa Fe in order to buy a little extra sleep time for a 4 a.m. departure the next morning. Got a great night's sleep in a super-comfortable room. The hotel is literally walking distance from the terminal, and you're allowed to leave your car in the hotel lot for a small additional fee that easily beats the available long-term parking rates. The bar was open late for a bedtime glass of wine to insure sweet dreams. I'd happily stay here again even if I didn't have an early flight the next day, and I'm going to recommend it as a great board meeting/retreat site.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business