“Very Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #35 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Very quick and convenient shuttle ride from and to the airport. Really nice interior and beautiful rooms - I was frankly very surprised at how nice this is for an airport hotel. The morning staff at the restaurant was friendly and responsive, and the food at the restaurant was good and generously portioned.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
BGosivetti;

First we are glad you choose the Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel and we were able to provide an exceptional experience for you. Our staff works hard to provide our guests only the best and I am glad were successful in our goals.

Also thank you for providing your feedback on our restaurant. We have wonderful staff working in our food and beverage department and I will be sure to pass your feedback on to them.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Efficient check in, super deluxe luxurious room, amazing friendly, helpful service at all hours, great food at the restaurant overlooking the outdoor pool. I have travelled a lot for business and vacations and stayed in a lot of hotels: Ritz-Carletons, Hiltons, boutique hotels, B&B's etc. This is a really nice hotel, truly one of the best I have experienced. It would be a bargain at twice the price.

The only drawback is that it is right next to the airport, so you are far away from the town. However, if you're just on a business overnight stop, it's a plus since you can literally WALK to the airport or have take their free shuttle, which takes under two minutes.

I wish every hotel was like this one.

Room Tip: I stayed on the Club floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Adrian,

Thank you for your business and wonderful review. We do have an exceptionally service oriented staff and your comment affirm their commitment to service. Your assessment of our staff also reflects in our ranking in the top 5% of Sheraton's in North America.

I do want to let you know although we are located at the airport other areas of town including, Nob Hill, Uptown and numerous other areas are within minutes of our property. We also have scheduled shuttle times to accommodate our guests needs and we do make runs to various areas including the one mentioned above.

We hope to serve you in the future and thank you again for your time.

Best Regards
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Excellent & courteous front desk staff. Rooms well appointed and very well kept with wonderfully comfortable beds and bedding. Paying a little extra for the Club floor was worth it with complimentary hot breakfast. Will stay here again on future trips to Albuquerque.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mark D:

First we are pleased we will be your lodging choice when you visit Albuquerque. We work hard to bring a positive experience to our guests and glad we were successful in assuring your satisfaction.

I am very pleased you had an opportunity to experience our Sheraton Club and the many amenities which are included. The Sheraton Club has a wonderful atmosphere and the best views in town.

Thank you as well for recognizing your exceptional staff. Our hotel currently ranks in the top 5% of all Sheraton's in North America and your comments show our associates take customer service seriously,

United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Located in a very convenient location -- it is said you can walk to and from the airport, I suppose. But ... they will shuttle you, and efficiently. And the staff are nice.

However, it is just tolerable when overrun with young children. The elevators had a tendency to take a break from functioning -- requiring staff to come up and have a look -- and they seemed inadequate for the size of the hotel, i.e., they could do with more elevators.

The TV and telephone in my room both needed repair, and the WiFi would occasionally go off. The repairmen were friendly, but you wish that considering the room rate charged you would not need to see them.

I think they need to raise their standards here; meanwhile, seek another chain to layover. They are all around the neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Havefunwilltravel8,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize you didn't have a positive experience due to children and the elevators. I am not certain what date you stayed but would love to speak with you about your experience and can assure you we take your comments seriously.

I would like to assure you have a resolution to the issues your experience and would like to assure this resolution brings about 100% satisfaction for you. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss your experience. I can be reached at dave.eisenbraun@sheratonabqairport.com or my direct line is 505-244-8532.

Dewey, Arizona
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This hotel has secured a top of the list status with me! This is the perfect place to stay if flying in or out of the Albuquerque Sunport, but I stay here anytime I'm in the area even if not using the airport. The management of this hotel has clearly figured out how to train its employees. They are kind, courteous and helpful. The rooms are spotlessly clean and so comfy. The in-house restaurant (a big plus to me to not have to get out once checked in) is wonderful with a nice variety of reasonably priced items to chose from. The beds are comfortable with very good quality linens. A truly pleasant stay.

Room Tip: The upper floor rooms facing west offers great views of the beautiful New Mexico sunsets.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Booked this hotel on 6/6/13 to arrive on 6/13/13. Booked 2 club rooms, for myself and a fellow colleague. When I booked, I requested early check-in, since my flight into ABQ was before noon. I called the hotel a day prior to confirm early check-in, and was told it wouldn't be a problem, I'm a Gold preferred, so everything seemed to be set, the hotel was close to the airport and close to where my late afternoon event was being held. I arrived around 12:30p, after getting rental vehicle and proceeded to the preferred guest check-in. Upon checking in, I was told my rooms were not ready. as it was just shortly after 12pm, I totally understood and the clerk asked for my cell number and said I'd be given a call when my rooms were ready. I told the clerk I'd just hang out in the lobby and wait, I had some work to do, so I waited until I had to pick up my colleague from the airport a couple hours later. I checked in about every 30 mins to see if the rooms were ready and they weren't. I left the hotel at 2:15p to pick up my colleague from the airport and we returned around 2:45 and checked in again. They said the rooms were still not ready. We sat some more and figured we would get our rooms around 3p when the usual standard hotel check in time was. We started to get worried about making our 4:45 meeting since we had not yet gotten rooms. At 3:30 we went to check again with the front desk and were told our rooms were still not ready. At this point, my understanding of why rooms were not available wasn't sated by the apologies of the numerous staff. I questioned why club-level rooms were not the ready for those who pay for the extra perk of staying in them, the staff could only apologize and say they would let me know when the rooms would be ready. Since we had to make a meeting and we overheard staff transferring other guests who also did not have rooms to another hotel, we were surprised when we were told we were also being moved to another hotel. Since we could not reschedule the meeting/event we flew in for, we went and we were moved to the Marriott TownPlace Suites down the road, direct billed --- but still. I'm disappointed that after over 3 hours of waiting and the staff very obviously knowing the hotel was overbooked, didn't offer up a transfer earlier. All this after numerous guests and flight crews checked in early and got rooms! I would've settled for a standard room, to have been able to freshen up before my meeting! The apologies and facade of empathy was very much not sincere in anyway, and I'm appalled that the staff on duty didn't handle the overbooked guests with more respect and timeliness. As paying guests of a Starwood Hotel, we made a choice to stay there and the comparable hotel was not on par with what we had booked. Overall, upon checking into the hotel we were sent to, we found that the Sheraton had moved 32 of us and Alex the manager on duty at the Town Place Suites was very friendly and welcoming. I won't be staying or recommending this hotel to anyone.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LK W
Ivan A, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience of your guestrooms not being ready at 12:30 PM, 2:45 PM, or 3:30 PM. As explained upon arrival the hotel was fully committed the prior night and due to our 12:00PM checkout time we don’t always have rooms ready for check-in at 12:00 PM. I also understand that you were not relocated due to the hotel being overbooked it was due to your need for a room prior to our guaranteed check-in time at 3:00 PM. Our entire staff appreciates you as a Starwood Preferred Guest and hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to prove to you that this was an isolated instance the next time you are traveling through Albuquerque.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We unexpectedly stayed at the Sheraton Airport after we were bumped from our flight. It was late at night (almost 9pm) and we called for a reservation from the hotel phone at the airport. They had a room available and gave us a good rate considering it was last minute. Since we did not know what we were getting ourselves into (airport hotels horrors), we had an open mind. When we arrived via their hotel van, the front desk lady could not find our reservation and did not seem to have the energy to find it. My husband quickly enlisted another hotel staffer and she was quick to resolve the issue and get us into a room. The lobby was hopping with patrons and was inviting. Our room was spacious, clean and nicely decorated. We ordered room service since we had not eaten and it quickly came which was a nice surprise. Although the food was not wonderful, it filled the void. Nice room amenities. We were set to be the first flight out the following day and had an early wake-up call. We checked out but then had to wait on the van driver 10 minutes to shuttle us back to the airport (he obviously needed his coffee to get him going). All-in-all, a good experience for an unplanned stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Jawzlyn,

First thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed the room,and felt room service was very prompt. I do apologize you didn't have the best experience during the check-in process, and you waited longer than expectations for the departure shuttle.

We would appreciate an opportunity to serve you in the future, and show you every part of our operation shines.