“Felicia is not pleasant...is this how it is here???”

Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel
Ranked #33 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 11 October 2013

This is most likely my first negative review on TripAdvisor. The night worker Felicia is not chill. My company booked several rooms here from Expedia... We are used to booking rooms all over the country and this place is the first place to claim that Expedia will just book you a room and not tell you whether it is a single or double...HA Expedia is a big company they are not Hotwire this is absolutely ridiculous...so now I am in a room with a roll-away bed and my friend is on the roll-a-way. It came with no pillows or blankets so I called the front desk...Felicia actually hung up on me....Wow. Stay away from this place the Hilton Garden is right next door.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Crushingit
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Crushingit,

I would like to personally apologize to you for any rude treatment you received. I would welcome an opportunity to speak with you and provide you with some type of resolution to assure your satisfaction and discuss Expedia's booking system with you.

We value you business and appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to contact me at dave.eisenbraun@sheratonabqairport.com or 505-244-8532.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed for two nights in August because it was close to the airport and we had an early departure. The room was clean but we didn't like the way the furniture was arranged. There was a desk that was set up like a peninsula jutting into the room. It was hard to get around it to look out the window or to get to the other side of the bed. We ate at the restaurant for dinner. The first night we had the worst service we have ever had in a restaurant. The second night was better. The food was ok. We swam in the pool but the water was pretty chilly. We took the shuttle to the airport because it was available. It was close enough to walk to though. The room price was inexpensive but I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Jennifer,

Thank you for your review. I apologize you weren't happy with the furniture arrangement. But more importantly, I am disappointed we didn't provide you with exceptional service in the restaurant. We usually receive high marks in this area.

It would be helpful for us if you would be willing to contact me and provide me with more detail about your experience so we can address the issues with the appropriate people. I would also welcome an opportunity to do something for you in the future, such as provide you with a complimentary dinner to make up for the previous experience or discuss other option with you.

Please feel free to contact me at 505-244-8532 or email me at dave.eisenbraun@sheratonabqairport.com. Again thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you.

Best Regards

David Eisenbraun

Reviewed 23 September 2013

After driving across the country for 14 hours to reach our destination, I was very grateful to the overly helpful front desk staff. Because we arrived so early in the morning, their electronic reservation system was rebooting and would be down for 15 minutes. The young man at the front desk offered us water, coffee, snacks and apologized profusely for a problem (that wasn't really a problem at all). We'd stayed at this hotel before and were not disappointed with our second stay. The renovations and care for their customers is greatly appreciated and did not go unnoticed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Luckik30,

Thank you for the wonderful review and kind words about our associates. We know you have many choices and we are pleased you choose our hotel. Your business is greatly appreciated and we hope to be of service in the future.

We will pass your comments on to our staff.

Best Regards

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Had a great rate so opted to stay here instead of our regular Albuquerque hotel. The front lawn had several homeless people at arrival and as we came and went over the weekend but they seemed to be using the shade trees and not panhandling guests. Lots of parking. Ivan checked us in and seemed to do all he could to get our reward memberships updated to get all benefits coming our way. Our first room was on the 2nd floor right over the TVs in the bar and neighbors with an even louder tv and shouting in the room n ext door, so we asked to move. We had trouble opening the doors and so did our neighbors. Maybe the hotel has sagged over the years .... The room on the 14th floor was in lots better condition, an SPG floor. Small bathroom; designed for a single business traveler: one towel bar, one bathrobe. Wouldn't have been adequate for more than 2 nights. Shortest tub ever seen, closer to 4 ft long. More door problems here - the bathroom door dragged on the tile every opening and closing. Asked for our duvet to be changed when I noticed it looked like a previous guest had wiped something bodily on the edges. Ick! Some red mold on the corners of the shower curtain. Small concierge lounge had fresh, good looking but minimal snacks. Great views from the concierge lounge. Lots of aircrew eating at the bar. Was looking forward to the 90 point plus wine selection. Had two of those red wines but they had been open awhile and aren't vacuumed.
The hotel is almost on the airport so some airplane engine noise has to be expected. There's more noise in rooms facing the mountains than the ones facing west.

Room Tip: Less airplane noise on the west side rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
David E, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

First thank you for your feedback. Second I want to apologize for any disappointment and would be happy to discuss the matter with you personally. We always want to assure our guests are 100% satisfied and I will do what ever it takes to assure this is accomplished.

Please feel free to contact me personally at dave.eisenbraun@sheratonabqairport.com or 505-244-8532 so we can discuss a resolution which assures you are 100% satisfied.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel over the years under different names. I had a guaranteed reservation during the time Sheraton was renovating it and arrived very late only to find out there was no room available. They did provide a free room at a nearby hotel but putting off going to bed for almost an hour was not worth the free room. Later stays were in other airport hotels until now.
The hotel is in an excellent location. I have often walked to and from the airport as it's just across the street. Entering the lobby this visit I was impressed. The hotel has a nice feel to it now. I was assigned a room on the second floor which was updated and very roomy. All went well until pipes started to hammer in the wall - the frequency was such that it sounded like a very fast jackhammer. Fortunately for me it stopped at about 9pm and never started again.
Free internet was a welcome change from many big name hotels charging an outrageous price for access. Plenty of electrical outlets to get things charged up prior to my flight the next morning. When I checked out the free shuttle was getting ready to load so I took it instead of walking. Overall it was a great choice for an airport hotel. I'll stay again - until they don't honor another reservation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

NCHiker,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Also we are pleased you decided to give us another opportunity after being relocated to another location in the past. It sounds as though you were pleased with your stay overall, however I do want to apologize for the issue you experienced with the pipes. I'm not certain what the cause of this was but if you could provide me with additional details about what room you were located in it would be most helpful.

We value your business and always want to assure our guests are satisfied when they leave our hotel. Please let me know if there is anything we can do in the future to improve your stay and maintain your loyalty.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

On a recent visit to NM, my husband and I stayed here 1 night before a flight and had an overall positive experience, especially for the cost. I booked through expedia and got a very good rate, and so I was pleased to discover a very large room, king size bed, and large bathroom! The bed was soft, and everything was clean - it was really the most you would hope for in this type of hotel. We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant with a friend, and the staff seemed a little slow or perhaps just overwhelmed because there were so few of them, so if you have time, get out into Albuquerque to eat your meals. But, aside from that, the room was good with plenty of space, everything was clean and comfortable, and the staff helpful. I would stay there again.

Jennifer A:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments as well as the feedback about the restaurant being a little slow the morning you had breakfast. If you could give me more detail about the date I could look into the issue further and address it with our Director of Food and Beverage.

We appreciate your business and hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again when you return to the area. If you do come back to the area I would love to meet you and would love to do something special for you in the restaurant to make up for the slow service during your previous stay.

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

We were on a road trip and we were really tired. When we get to this hotel was like getting to heaven: the room was very big and the king bed really soft and comfortable; bathroom was wonderful with soft and clean towels and very cute and high quality toiletries. Very quiet and private. We loved it. For sure we would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Ryan P, Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2014

Thank you for your feedback!