“The best value accomodations I've found in ABQ”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #18 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Mexico
“The best value accomodations I've found in ABQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

I’ve stayed at several hotels in Albuquerque over the years and this is my current favorite. This was my second stay at the Uptown Sheraton and I’ll likely stay there next time I’m in Duke City, too. It’s not the best location; it’s not the newest property; it’s not the fanciest place; but it’s a real value at around a hundred bucks. This time I was in a top floor, two room suite with a big jetted tub for two and two bathrooms. This suite was about a hundred and a half and one of the nicest rooms I’ve been in at that price, anywhere. The room was very clean, as were the bathrooms. They have some of the best consumable bathroom items; I like the soaps and things, including the pouf sponge and shaving cream. The mountain view was pretty nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the climate control worked well. One of my favorite things about the Sheratons I’ve stayed in is that they have some of the best in-room coffee with real liquid half-and-half and Starbucks coffee. On the negative side, they should provide more than one cup each of the coffee packets. I checked out the breakfast offering in the top-floor lounge before heading to the Frontier restaurant and was unimpressed. I’ve seen better free breakfasts at Hampton Inns. We received two calls around midnight, which were extremely annoying, just a beep on the other line (no idea what that was about). The elevator needs a room card to access the top floor but there’s no indication of needing to do this other than the card slot, which wasn’t obvious enough for this road-weary traveler at 11PM. I should have known but a little plaque near the card slot would be nice. The front desk person was charming and helpful, although she didn’t mention needing to key the elevator to get to the room.

Room Tip: The suites with Jacuzzi tubs on the top floor are nice and not much more $.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ricomalo
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Hello Ricomalo -

Thank you very much for your detailed review on us. We do have the newest and nicest rooms in town and our Jacuzzi suites are our best. I glad to hear you like all our little extra touches and found our staff to be charming. I will address some of the little details that you mentioned that would have made your stay even better. Hope your travels bring you back to the Duke City Soon.

Damen Kompanowski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

Very nice to stay. The Hotwire rate of 73 made it even better. The only bad thing is you have to pay for wireless. The staff were very nice and the room very spacious. we left a note for extra towels and that afternoon they left 1 more than we ask for. Very good place to stay

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Alabama-

Thanks for your review on the Sheraton Uptown Albuquerque. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the service we provided to you. So you know for your next trip we do offer our Sheraton Link and free WiFi access in our lobby.

I hope your travels bring you back to Albuquerque soon.

Damen Komapnowski
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We had a "preferred guest" room, which I think is the way to go with this chain.-room was VERY comfortable with lots of nicer amenities from spa robes and bath poufies to real cream for your gourmet Starbuck's in-room coffee service.No fridge or microwave tho.Not a big hotel, no supper service in the restaurant, has a coffee bar to fill in gaps.Food served to the seminar was plentiful, high-quality-tasty.Pool is nice, clean, but hottub not so much.It was cloudy and not very functional.Work-out room was good.Employees are pretty nice.

Room Tip: We were on the "preferred guest" floor, but did not have access to "club" floor...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hi Sandra-

Thanks for your review. It sounds like you had a nice experience at our property. You are correct we are a perfect small convention hotel from 50-500pp. I am glad you also enjoyed our Starbucks Coffee located in our lobby it is a nice touch.. I love it too...

Thanks again, I hope you attend next years conference and we get to host you again.

General Manger
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed in a Club-level room during the first leg of our road trip.

This hotel is everything I was hoping for of a one-night stay, and a bit more! The staff are friendly and willing to go above and beyond for you to have a pleasant stay. The entire hotel looks brand new, and the security is excellent. To get to your floor, you must use your room key in order to be able to select the corresponding button in the elevator. There is a restaurant as well as a licensed Starbucks which also sells snacks and necessities.

The room (at least on the club floor) is plenty large and luxurious. The "Heavenly Beds" are just that, heavenly. There are plenty of electrical outlets available, as well as free WiFi and Ethernet (for club-level guests). The bathroom is beautiful, with lovely marble and granite abound. The housekeeping seems to be excellent, an example is the tissue paper rose that was on the tissue box when we first arrived.

While we did not use the pool, nor the fitness centre, they seemed quite clean (though not at all busy). The fruit water available near the front entrance was greatly appreciated after a long drive.

The continental breakfast, served from 6 to 8, featured spinach-feta quiche, boiled eggs, toast & bagels (with Dickinson's fruit spreads, evil/hydrogenated peanut butter, butter, and cream cheese), fresh fruit, breakfast breads, fresh juices, instant oatmeal, tea, coffee, milk, granola, yogurt, and various cereals. The staff was helpful and the food was surprisingly delicious. Equally delicious were the evening hors d'œuvre, served from 5 to 8. At anytime of day, soft drinks and water are available in the club lounge, provided you have your room key to gain access.

Overall, this Sheraton experience was one of the best I've had. I would be happy to stay again!

• Stayed July 2012
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 31 July 2012
Hello Starbucks Guru-

Thanks for taking the time of writing a detailed review on our property. I also want to thank you for upgrading to our club floor and reaping the the benefits. Recently we completed a 20+ million dollar renovation of our hotel (adding our Starbucks) , making us one of the best places to stay in Albuquerque.

I also appreciate all the great comments on our staff. Our team all works so hard from anticipating your arrival, preparing your room and taking care of you while you are here.

With this being one of you best hotel experiences, I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

My mother and I stayed here for a girls trip. We got to our room. We had used Travelocity so of course we were put in a handicapped accessible room. The second we opened the door we noticed a very strong sewer like smell in the room. We called the front desk and they said they had no more rooms and that they would send matinence up. The man came and just said there is nothing I can do to fix it. We asked for febreeze and he did bring a bottle of odor refresher. We sprayed it and it did not help. He came back to the room on his own saying he talked to the manager and they gave us both free breakfast (which was delicious). And said they would change our room the next day. The were so friendly and helpful even with switching the rooms. We ended up on the 8th floor which was great! It must be a VIP floor or something. You need a special key even for the elevator. They have drinks including alcohol in a special room with snacks magazines and all. Also upgraded amenities in the rooms. Once they changed our room we were so happy! We were happy with the room in the first place, just not the odor. We will be back again! All employees treated us like royalty and did everything they could to fix the problem we experienced. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2012
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Srwarner-

Thank you for your nice review on our property. Service is always key, we pride ourselves that if we do have an issue how we handle it. That is something our team is trained for and I so happy we turned a not so pleasant situation into a positive experience. The best part is your we already have been promised your return visit to ABQ. Thank you..

Damen Kompanowksi
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

This hotel is great. The front desk people were very nice. The beds and pillows are super comfy. Shopping and dining within walking distance. The best thing is, they are military friendly. I wish every hotel was like the Sheraton uptown.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
Dear U.S. Air Force 816-

We are proud to host our Military, thank your for your service to our country. I would also like to thank you for your nice review on our property. Our hotel is perfect for a weekend get away. We are so perfectly located in the heart of ABQ.

See you soon

Ruidoso, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Wife and I stayed here for a 2 night getaway last week. We have stayed at the Sheraton before and always enjoyed it. This time was different. Our room was very nice as usual. My wife noticed that there was only one robe in the closet. As we were going to the pool I mentioned this to the front desk as I didn't want to be charged for a missing robe. She told me that they only put one robe in the rooms. Very strange for a room with two people in it. That really didn't bother us much but what did was only having two towels, one of which was unraveling on the edges. I wouldn't use a towel like that to dry my car. The next day when we came back from sightseeing the shampoo (which is pretty bad scent wise) was not replaced although it was 3/4 empty. The soap which is incredibly small had not been replaced. A glass which had been left on a table with a little wine in it was still there and the table had not been wiped clean. My wife called the front desk and requested two more towels and some soap and shampoo which was promptly delivered. This is not the kind of service you should be getting, especially from a Sheridan !! We used Hotwire for the reservations. Maybe they don't care to give you good service (and extra towels) since you aren't paying the going rate. Very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobby1436
Hello Bobby-

Thank you for your review, I would love the opportunity to show to you how great our hotel really is.
I looks like you live close by I would like to make this up to you. Next time you come in town please contact me directly and I will ensure you have a perfect stay.