“Amazing hospitality!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cibolo, Texas
“Amazing hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown and never before had I experienced such amazing hospitality and service from a hotel. They have raised the bar for every other hotel. With free bottles of water in the hotel room each day, Starbucks coffee in your room, to the comfy beds, and free shuttle service to restaurants and shopping, this hotel is amazing! I came down with a sinus infection and the shuttle took me to my appointment and to the pharmacy so I could get my medication. The driver was out and one of the desk clerks offered to drive me! I was amazed at how caring their staff is. I will definately stay at this hotel again and will recommend them to anyone seeking a hotel in the Albuquerque area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank bdgriff
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Hello Bdgriff-

I love your review of our property... This is why I am in the business and I am so happy my team executed flawlessly. Traveling is not easy especially when you are not feeling good. It makes me very proud to read your review. I am so happy we were there to help.

I hope next time when traveling to ABQ you are feeling better and can enjoy our great city and hotel. Thanks for your review.

Damen Kompanowski

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
lawrenceville,ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stayed here 2 days for a conference. The hotel is very modern, the rooms are comfortable and it is convenient to most things you would need: shopping, restaurants, Fed Ex nearby. Customer service was good, as was the catered food. The only downside was the charge for wireless internet. It is free in the lobby but you must pay in your room. I never understand that concept.
Lots of dogs, so I see that it is pet friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
Hello MotherJaneGoose-

Thank you for your review.. Sounds like your conference and your stay was a great success at our property.. I am so pleased we have so much to offer in our backyard for our convention guest. It is so easy to work during the day and play at night. We have a great property and I am glad we made you business trip more than just business.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

This was an unexpected stay for us as we had a flat tire on a trip through Albuquerque and had to wait a day for new tires to arrive. The hotel is pet friendly, which is why we chose it, but we were pleasantly surprised at its quality. We had a nicely appointed, spacious king room with a view of the Sandia Mountains. The hotel is very conveniently located as it is only a few blocks from a mall with many restaurants. We had drinks and split a bar entree, which was very tasty. Staff was friendly and allowed us a little grace on the checkout time while we were waiting for new tires. This was during the balloon fiesta, by the way, yet the service was friendly and prompt!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Joan....

I am sorry to hear about you flat but I am glad we turned it into a pleasant experience for you . It is so nice to get so many nice comments on my staff we really work hard at taking care of our guest and treating you as you were in our own personal home..

I hope that your unexpected trip has made you want to return to ABQ for a nice weekend or vacation. We have so much to brag about in our state and would welcome you back at any time.

Thanks for your review
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

I spent 2 nights in a jacuzzi suite at the Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown. The hotel may look drab and ugly on the outside, but the hotel has been remodeled and it shows. The lobby is still small and oddly shaped, but they have a small cafe and a bar which was busy whenever I walked through.

The staff was great throughout, from check-in to check-out. They told me at check-in that due to my corporate SPG status, the internet would be comped. I was told that I might see it on my bill, but just ask for it to be removed. It did show up on my bill, but was quickly removed upon check-out.

The suite was huge, with 2 bathrooms (1 with jacuzzi, other with regular tub/shower), fridge, coffee maker (starbucks coffee for the coffee snobs out there), and 2 flat screen TV's. The suite set up is 2 separate rooms with a double door separating the living room from the bedroom. The living room has a couch and coffee table and faces the TV.

The bed was great, I didn't hear any noise from the hall or next door, and there is 2 separate thermostats (1 for each room) which is a nice touch.

The location is great, although parking is tight in the front of the hotel. The side lot is usually empty and I ended up parking there most of the time. The side door closes at 9pm and is not accessible via your room key, so be aware of that.

I didn't use the fitness center, pool, club lounge, or business center so I can't comment on those. Overall, I had a great stay and will be there again next week.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Eric-

Amazing hotel... LOVE IT.. Thanks for your review.. Our Jacuzzi suites are just awesome, from the views the large tub and the great space you have to just relax.. I am so glad you did not just stay here but you had an experience.. That is our goal.. Sounds like we did a good job...

Thank you Eric and I hope your travels bring you back to ABQ sooner than later...

El Paso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

we had a very good time at this hotel. we love the location because it is less than a mile to our favorite restaurant, Gordunos. It is close to Trader Joes which we always go to and stock up because we don't have one in El Paso. Our bed was very comfortable and we heard no outside noises. The staff is always very friendly. I believe we have stayed here 5 or 6 times and my husband used to stay here on buiness years ago. There are 2 really nice shopping centers with many upscale restaurants within half a mile or so. This is always our go to hotel in Albuquerque.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello Tequillia777-

Love the name.. Thanks for your review. I also love that restaurant, Great choice.. I am so happy to hear we are your home when traveling to ABQ. That is the ultimate thank you.. I also think you cant find a better location to stay, than right in the heart of Uptown when traveling to ABQ. You are just minutes for all the best shopping, dining and entertainment.

Thanks again for your 5 star review...

Aztec, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

This is my third stay here and would have given it higher rating but this time the stay wasn't as good as my previous ones.
The checkin was great as was the desk-clerk. She was very friendly and "bubbly". The housekeeping staff was phenomenal, as she always gave me what ever I asked for, i.e. extra pillows, coffee etc.
Now for the not so good.... I was on the 7th floor with a whole lot of kids Saturday night, and they have ran up and down the hall for the last 4 hours. I paid for three nights of wifi and have had to go to the lobby to get my laptop to work, where I'm writing this from now since I can't get it to work in my room, and the noise from the kids make it difficult to work.
I stay here for the convenience, but the beds are not getting any softer and sleeping on them is getting more difficult to do, and having to do work in the lobby has not been pleasurable.
So... If you aren't to worried about the wifi, or the beds, then this place will be nice A nice stay for you. The rooms are clean, the staff are very attentive, room service is great and speedy. The location is near lots of attractions and is pretty easy to get to.
Next year when I come to ABQ, I think I'll be finding a place with more comfy beds!

Room Tip: Spend the money and stay on the 8th floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joyce L
Hi Joyce-

Thanks for your review... I know the 4th time will be great.. I am sorry to hear this experience was different from your first two stay.. I know I can make this right the next time you are in ABQ.. Please contact me directly and I will ensure a flawless stay. The worst think I can hear as the General Manager is you might look at staying at another hotel. Please give me another chance.

Damen Kompanowksi
damen.kompanowski@sheratonuptown.com
Prescott, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

We got there late and left early, so it was basically just a bed for the night. The lobby is small, but nice. Our limited contact with staff was very positive. We've stayed here several times now and the experience is always positive (unlike a five star downtown that was dirty, missing ceiling tiles and had a partially empty bottle of water for our convenience).

• Stayed October 2012
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Hello Carlos-

Thanks for your review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like we are your hotel of choice when passing through Albuquerque. I love that.

We look forward to your next trip.