“Excellent!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice hotel. Excellent rooms. They even had shaving cream! Unfortunately they do not have connecting rooms. It did take them a little bit to program the keys but they did throw in free breakfast! :) Cannot complain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear dumroo,

Thank you for the review!! While our connecting rooms are very popular, we do indeed have them. I do apologize for the confusion.

.... and we have plenty of shaving cream, when you're ready to return! ;-)

Carrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Haslet, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2014

OMG! I stayed here for work for 30 days and it was phenomenal. The front desk staff definitely had a true skill for customer service, especially Jonathan. They were so friendly and accomodating. The rooms were clean and the beds were to die for. This was my first Christmas away from home and they did everything to make sure it was awesome, even brought warm cookies and milk. The club house food was hot every morning and night. I will never forget this Sheraton. Thank you for such great experience!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear kamishaf32,

While we understand the heartache accompanied with being away from home over the holidays, we are glad that you spent them here with us and that we made you feel at home. I'm certain Santa still found you :-)

Your kind words mean the world to us, and I will absolutely pass kudos on to Jonathan and the rest of the staff.

I hope that you will visit us again in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Portales, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

It is amazing that a hotel does not offer free internet. I guess Sheraton thinks they are a resort where the can charge for the extras. Thought it was a good deal but after paying all the extras should have stayed at a holiday inn.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Carrie C, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear LenbenVan,

First and foremost, I do apologize for the inconvenience of having to pay for the internet. This is a standard practice among full service hotel brands, but we do offer several options: There is free WiFi in our lobby as well as a full business center (Sheraton Link) in the heart of our hotel. We also offer a $20 upgrade to the Club floor which includes free WiFi in your room as well as access to our Sheraton Club Lounge.
I hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future. Please ask for me if you do :-)

chetek
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I was suprised with how reasonable the price was for this hotel. I purchased through hotwire and wasn't sure what I was going to get. Overall, a really nice hotel. Conveniently located relative to the airport. You can get anywhere in Albuquerque in less then thirty minutes from here. You are also walking distance from the uptown shopping district if that is your thing. There were a few restaruants withing walking distance as well. Right next door is a great place called The Egg and I. Great breakfast option. A few blocks down the road is a place called Ojos Locos. Beware, that this is the New Mexico version of Hooters. We were quite surprsed when we walked in, but despite the scenery, the food was decent. It is a busy hotel, lots of parties and events so lobby area often busy. It was never loud though. The hotel also apparently allows dogs, which didn't bother us at all, but if you have allergies it might be an issue. A couple of negatives would be the bed and the air conditioning unit. I thought the bed was pretty hard and I struggled getting a good night's sleep, but I am a light sleeper. The air unit was also very loud and it would cycle between on and off. We ended up just turning it off. The shower also drained slow and the shower head looked a little sketchy. The staff was very nice and the hotel had a clean modern feel about it. Minus a few little things, overall a decent place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear prairiedave,

Thank you so much for the review! Please allow me to start off by apologizing for the negatives that you experienced while staying with us. I'm a light sleeper myself and there's nothing worse than dealing with an incompatible bed. We understand that our Sweet Sleeper beds aren't for everyone, but we never give up on trying to make a guest comfortable. If there's something that we can do, we're happy to do it :-)

I'm so glad that you found our hotel to be a great value, and I hope to meet you one day.

Hobbs, New Mexico
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Very clean and friendly staff made our stay great. Starbuck in lobby. We arrived very late and the staff was at the desk ready to get us into our room quickly. The Hotel is older and so the outside of the hotel might give you second thoughts. Recently they have completely updated the hotel. The rooms are very nice with new flat screens and mini friges.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear katie1898,

Thank you for the kind review. I think our staff is pretty awesome as well, and I'm so happy to hear that they made your stay great! After all, that's what we're all here for.

We recently added fridges to all of our rooms, so now every guest will get to enjoy this amenity :-)

Please come see us again!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I stayed at this property for business at the end of the year in 2013. I had never been to Albuquerque, but I was thoroughly surprised with the location and service of the staff. I was right in the center of shopper's paradise, with a mall right across the street and several nice shops in walking distance. The staff was helpful and very accommodating throughout my 3 week stay. The hotel manager was among the very best that I have encountered in all of my travels. Mr. Manis was more than willing to do all that he could to make my stay great. He was personable and addressed me by name at every encounter. I recommend this hotel to anyone on business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear London B,

We take a lot of pride in our service, and establishment, and I'm thrilled to hear that we demonstrated this to you! Mr. Manis is our newest member, and we are very lucky to have him ;-)

I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy some of the many restaurants and shops that we have within minutes of our front door. We truly are lucky to be part of such a wonderful neighborhood.

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and hopefully you will enjoy a second trip to ABQ!

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I stayed at this property earlier this year. I did not have the best stay and wrote a review regarding my experience. In my last review I felt that the hotel tried and that I would give them another chance. Something very suspicious to note...After my last review I was contacted by the Director of Guest Services, Carrie Confair and asked to take down my last review. I was very disappointed by this and felt that this was unprofessional, it made me question Tripadvisor reviews of this property. I was going to look past and agreed to give the property another try and would change my review if I felt differently, however my overall impression of how this facility is run did not change much with this stay. Some of my detailed complaints are really SPG related so will take those up with them directly. On my last review I was told "I promise your next stay will be a WOW experience"...that certainly was not the case. Internet was EXTREMELY slow, the guest service button on the phone did not work and I had to walk down to the lobby to address a concern, at the desk I was given poor service by the staff at the desk and the manager Pinar was too busy to assist me, even though I spoke to her on the phone the day before asking for her assistance and she assured me that my request would be taken care of, even though it was not and that if there was a problem she would be there at my check in (yet she was too busy to assist me). The food in the restaurant is well below average and the staff were a bit depressing. I do not recommend eating here when Albuquerque has so many wonderful places to eat. Positive changes since my last review: The club lounge has improved both in service and snacks. I met a very professional/squared away employee named John, who assisted me when no one else seemed to care. He was friendly, attentive, efficient and refused a tip stating it was his job to help me! A++ for John! This property is located in a convenient location for me and I want to be pleased here. I am not sure what the issue is. I think it comes down to poor training of the staff in general.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family