“Decent hotel”

Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown
Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have some mixed feelings about this hotel. The building is older, but they have updated a bit of it. When you first enter, you can grab a cold drink from the dispenser by the door. The staff at the front desk was very efficient and friendly. I was quickly checked in and went up to my room. If you can have any say in your room selection, I would select the backside of the building and be no lower than the 3rd floor. If you are in a room at those locations, you should be lucky enough to at least get a view of the mountain nearby.

The room was fairly clean. There were some stains on the carpet and some hairs still leftover in the sink, but nothing too major. I was surprised to find out there was a mini fridge to store my food/drinks in. I did not see it listed on their website, so that was a nice surprise. There is also an in-room safe where you can put some small items.

The shower was also mostly clean. There was a drainage problem and the water would backup in the bathtub after a short period. I heard from others about drain problems while I was there, so I don't believe this problem was isolated to just my room. There is a coffee maker with Starbucks coffee in a section of the bathroom. They were also nice enough to provide a bottle of Dasani water for free. You could purchase a $3 bottle of Smart Water in the room as well.

I was a bit disappointed by the bed in the room. The pillows were all fairly soft and I had a hard time getting enough "fluff" in them. They are long pillows, so much of the filling spread to the sides when I laid down. The sheets were also pretty stiff. It was almost as if the sheets had a light starch on them.

There is a nice sized indoor swimming pool and fitness center. There was also a decent fitness room where you can squeeze in a quick workout. They had some reasonably priced snacks in the lobby. I did not have the chance to visit the lobby bar or restaurant, so I cannot speak to them. There were plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Overall, I was happy with my stay but there were a few little things to improve upon.

Room Tip: I recommend a north facing room on the 3rd floor or above. You can get a view of the mountains behi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello Blake W-

Thanks for your review, I glad you were happy with your stay and I will definitely follow up on the items mentioned in your review..

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Damen Kompanowski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in Albuquerque while traveling with two small dogs. We lived in area until a year ago, so knew this was nice area. Great place to stay for reasonable price! Club level provides the concierge with breakfast and soda/water available. Great beds, clean, friendly staff. Close to restaurants and shopping!

• Stayed: May 2014
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hello Athomelisa-

Thank you for your 5 star review, and thank you for all the nice comments on our hotel. We are located in Uptown where we have all the best shopping dining and entertainment. I am so happy you enjoyed and hope you travels will bring you back soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We always stay at this Sheraton when traveling. It is very clean, extremely dog friendly and the staff do their best to accommodate your needs. We booked the room through Expedia which gave us a great value, specially if you consider the location. Don't forget check the very cool Target nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello Bikramchandler-

Thank you for your review. We just received an award for being the one of the best dog friendly hotels in ABQ. I so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with your pooch.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed on the club level and it was fantastic. I did however realize, after I got home, that I forgot one of my valuable electronic devices. After a phone call to the helpful night manager, my item was located and prepared for return. I can sleep well now. That honesty is truly a reason I will stay at this Sheraton again and again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello Insmom1385 -

Thank you for your 5 Star Review. I do have a wonderful team of associates at our beautiful hotel and so delighted to hear about your experience. We look forward to your next visit.

General Manger

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very nice, large, comfortable bed and room. They left 2 bottles of water in the room. 1 was complimentary, the other cost $2 - I thought that was tacky. No free local calls & no free internet were a big disappointment. Water pressure in the shower was erratic.

Room Tip: We were in room 622, and it was a little noisy. It's next to the recessed area that has ice mach...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MustangLDJ
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello MustangLDJ -

Thank you for your 5 star review, I am delighted you had a nice visit to our property. Thanks for letting us know about the water pressure I will have my team go up and check out that room.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped here for 2 nights as part of our route 66 journey.

The room was great, very clean and spacious. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.

There is a pool, albeit a little small. Complimentary bottled water and a good tv all helped to make this a good stopover.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Chris P-

Thanks for your review and thanks for making us part of your Kicks On Route 66.
I am so happy you had a nice stay with us.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I am in Albuquerque often for my design business and always enjoy the edginess, earthiness and excitement that this city has to offer. Though I normally stay downtown, I recently branched out to stay at the Sheraton Uptown, conveniently located to the more upscale developments within the city limits. From the moment I checked in until my departure a few days later, receptionists such as Jonathan were extremely attentive and welcoming, and the manager Richard was a stalwart exemplary of hospitality. Everyone here embodied what makes travel enjoyable by going above and beyond for guests. I am grateful to have spent time at this fantastic find in Albuquerque and am looking forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Damen K, General Manager at Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello John A -

Thanks for your 5 stars and thanks for visiting UPTOWN. We do have so much to offer in this area we have all the best shopping, dining and entertainment within walking distance of the hotel. Thanks for sharing your experience.