“Thank you to the staff at the Residence Inn, 25 the Lane”

Residence Inn by Marriott Albuquerque
Ranked #64 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We enjoyed our four night this past week at the Residence Inn. The suite was very well appointed and comfortable. The staff thoughout the Inn were so pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was very good and the dining area very attractive. Overall we were delighted as a first time stay. In the past we have been staying at the Pyramid. The quality of the Inn was very well appionted

Room Tip: This trip was short as usual both going to New Mexico and the return stay in a Marriott property.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberta S

Reviewed 18 September 2011

Quite conveniently located close to the historic area. Clean, spacious accommodations and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. Our "suite" included 2 bedrooms, each with an attached bath (1 in the loft), a small but servicable kitchen (with range, fridge, sink, MW, pots & pans, dinnerware) , small dining area, and living room, 3 tv's (living room and each bedroom). The place was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was adequate for most people. The hotel is right next door to an excellent BBQ restaurant. The cost was 25% lower than the Residence Inn near the airport, and we thought that value for our cost was excellent. The pool looked clean and inviting (our schedule and the weather prevented us from using it). Our only complaints were 1) the only ethernet connection was in one of the bedrooms and 2) outside noise intruded into the room a lot, probably because the windows and doors are old; running the AC/fan unit allowed us to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This Residence Inn is pretty much what the original RI are as far as furnishing and lay out; so I am assuming it is not a newer property. What surprised me was how small the breakfast area was and the “business center” is, what I would consider, part of the breakfast area. The3 breakfast was OK; but we have had much better breakfasts at other RI. The fitness room, open 24/7 with your room key card it is very nice. My major problem with the fitness center is NO signage regarding no minor children allowed, with or without an adult. I was shocked when a mother came into the fitness room as I was working out; she had her two children who appeared to be 4 and 6 years of age. She let them get on the two tread mill machines and when they started badgering her to make them go faster, that is what she did. I just got off the recumbent exercise bike, after only 20 minutes into my hour and walked out. I did NOT bother telling the front desk; as it was their responsibility to have the fitness room posted as no minors allowed with or without an adult. The laundry room has three washers and four dryers. Washers are $1.50 per load and dryers are $1.25. The laundry room is accessed by your room key card and it hotter than imaginable! Found it a little4 “odd” they only have their manager’s reception on Monday and Wednesday and the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. Either have it or don’t; why do something only half way. The grounds were well groomed and all the employees we encountered were very nice, friendly and well groomed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at this property for 2 nights on business at UNM and stayed in a second floor penthouse suite. The overwhelming impression I had was that of pride taken by all staff and mangement. This has to have been the cleanest room I have ever stayed in (recently remodeled as well). The room is probably 1000 sq ft, very nicely appointed, has a full kitchen, and would be great for a family (I'll certainly be bringing mine back here). The breakfast and evening buffets are excellent and a definite step up from any other I have had at this property price point.

The pool and hot tub looked nice, but I hadn't any time for these.

Other Marriott properties should come and take notes!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Pulled into the Residence Inn Hotel after a full day of driving and a cave adventure. It looked like this hotel was older, and I was a bit unsure what our room was going to be like. We got our keys and walked to our room which was right across the sidewalk from the check in desk. The room was beautifully redecorated!! New kitchen, granite counters, 2 flat screen tv's. The colors were my style as well--whites, tans and burgandy! We even had a fireplace! We had 2 either full or queen beds, and a pull out sofa. Upon check in, my husband (who is an elite member of the Marriott chain) was given a welcome gift of a dreamcatcher, a postcard and a personal handshake by the manager! Very nice, I thought. (Side note--there is a Raddison with a water park a block away, my kids were dissappointed to not be staying there--if you have kids and are staying for longer than overnight, that might be a good choice)
There are several restaurants nearby as well as many stores--we ended up at a super walmart the next day for some supplies we were going to need because we would be camping the following night.
On a bad note, we needed to wash clothes that night. There were 3 washers and dryer available (1.50 each). But, only one washer was working--and it was being used. Lucky for us, the load was almost done and the person whose wash it was came back with in 5 mins of the load finishing. We waited for ours to finish so we did not tie up the wait for a washer. It seems there are a lot of people staying at the hotel on extended stays, so they were using the washers for regular laundry.
There was a managers reception open right when we checked in. They had make your own nachos. We made one small plate and brought it back to the kids for a snack. We went to Rudy's BBQ (a chain from San Antonio that we have eaten at a lot)--a block away. The breakfast the next morning was good--waffles, toast, yummy cinn. muffins, eggs and potatoes.
I would come back here the next time I am in Albuquerque. Super easy on/off the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ckmommy
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Our family loves Residence Inns and this property's location fit our cross country trip plans. Very disappointing. The physical property is in need of remodeling, the staff is in need of customer service training. We came in late at night, got up expecting to get on the road, and were faced with a disgusting mess of an overflowing toilet. When I reported this to the front desk and asked for a room credit, I was met with arched eyebrows, an offer of 300 Marriott points and exchanged glances by front desk staff. On my insistence, I grudgingly did get the credit. We did not eat breakfast there as we did not feel welcome and after my experience with the front desk staff I was not confident of the food's quality. There were posters in the lobby stating the lobby/dining area and some rooms are being updated. Hopefully the plumbing and infrastructure is also being updated along with the staff's training.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family