“Great choice for two couples or a family”

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #62 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My husband and I were meeting some friends from Texas for a five day vacation. I have had good luck with the Residence Inn in San Francisco, so I thought I would give this a try.
I am so happy I did.

The hotel has been recently remodeled, and they did a very nice job. I rented a two bedroom suite which was perfect. Two bedrooms, each with a nice bathroom, very comfortable bed and a flat screen TV, gave each couple privacy. The living room (with a fireplace) was perfect for relaxing, playing cards and watching TV together.

We really enjoyed having the convenience of a kitchen. While we didn't do much cooking, it was perfect for snacks and keeping food and drinks handy for a picnic.

The hotel does offer a very nice breakfast each morning. Fresh coffee, tea, waffles, cereal, eggs, sausage and lots of pastries and things. The room was bright and cheerful with a roaring fire.

The best part about this hotel (aside from the very reasonable price) was the staff. The gal who checked us in and out was so friendly and helpful, she really put extra effort into making our stay great. The same with the breakfast staff, they really helped us start the day out right.

One more thing....If you are staying at this hotel, try Rudy's BBQ just down the street. Great food and lots of fun. We sure don't have anything like that in So. Cal.

Room Tip: Try the penthouse suites if you have more than two people. It is like having your own vacation home...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I'd give this place a 3.5-star rating. I'm very picky about hotels, so don't think I didn't like it. I just thought it could have been better. When I rate a hotel "average," I mean it's average compared to other hotels of its type. My beefs: unexciting location (slightly depressing retail in the area; no character to the neighborhood); the screen door to my faux balcony was ripped in multiple places and taped up sloppily and looked terrible; no elevator = lugging heavy suitcase upstairs to my room; no hand lotion among toiletries; uninspiring breakfasts. My cheers: truly friendly and helpful front desk staff; spotless fitness room; full kitchen; good rates; easy access to highway; fireplace in room (you have to buy the logs, though); no bedbugs!; free grocery delivery service; pleasant lobby area for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if you can't handle stairs. Ask for upper floor if you don't want to he...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Although I don't cook, I love the full kitchen. I keep my milk, cereal, English muffins, and snacks there. A full 12 cup coffee maker helps too. The pool is great too.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Bill-Sherry
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We were in Albuquerque for 11 days and was a very enjoyable eperance with room to relax. Ample room to have a normal day not stuck in a bed room. Ability to cook a noram meal with out going to a resturant was great. Staff was very helpful and managment worked hard to get us there for the Fiesta week.

Room Tip: We had a penthouse sweet with two couples and had lot of room to be to our self.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank schuflies
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We enjoyed our four night this past week at the Residence Inn. The suite was very well appointed and comfortable. The staff thoughout the Inn were so pleasant and helpful. The breakfast was very good and the dining area very attractive. Overall we were delighted as a first time stay. In the past we have been staying at the Pyramid. The quality of the Inn was very well appionted

Room Tip: This trip was short as usual both going to New Mexico and the return stay in a Marriott property.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Roberta S
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Quite conveniently located close to the historic area. Clean, spacious accommodations and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. Our "suite" included 2 bedrooms, each with an attached bath (1 in the loft), a small but servicable kitchen (with range, fridge, sink, MW, pots & pans, dinnerware) , small dining area, and living room, 3 tv's (living room and each bedroom). The place was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was adequate for most people. The hotel is right next door to an excellent BBQ restaurant. The cost was 25% lower than the Residence Inn near the airport, and we thought that value for our cost was excellent. The pool looked clean and inviting (our schedule and the weather prevented us from using it). Our only complaints were 1) the only ethernet connection was in one of the bedrooms and 2) outside noise intruded into the room a lot, probably because the windows and doors are old; running the AC/fan unit allowed us to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends