“Excellent customer service will return” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Albuquerque

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #51 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
tucson
“Excellent customer service will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

I am a light sleeper and have requests on my Marriott rewards to improve sleep- however they were booked. I was expecting the worse being next to a highway, I was surprised at the noise level, I slept great. (great insulation). The room is very spacious (more than the usual RI) and some rooms have lofts. The best feature of this property is the staff from the manager to the property staff. They all greet you plus they ask if they can be of assistance. This feature makes this a great place- you feel welcomed. I met people that reported the same. I enjoyed the breakfast it had eggs, sausage, roasted potatoes (the real deal- not frozen) waffles and a Sunday paper. The room seemed newly remodeled, clean and had all the usual RI amenities. I will return.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank azinca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

I really loved it here but my only complaint was that the shower was not as clean as it should have been. The floor of the shower visibly needed to be scrubbed as well as the walls of the shower. Disappointing but everything else was so great and perfectly clean I was willing to over look it. The free breakfast and dinner were great, I was pleasantly surprised. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

We took a long weekend trip to ABQ, and we chose this RI for our stay. Everything was as expected (we are Marriott Rewards members and have stayed at other RI properties.) The room was clean and updated, and our family of four was comfortable. The pool is outside, and even with the summer heat, it was cold in the evening. Breakfast each morning was plentiful, and it suited our needs. There was a bit of difference in the way some breakfast attendants treated the last 20-30 minutes of breakfast time- just make sure to get there before the specified breakfast time is over in case it is being put away early. This location allowed us to move around the city very well- we needed/wanted access to the ABQ Uptown shopping area, Kirtland AFB, Old Town, the ABQ Biopark area, etc. One suggestion before your arrive- make sure you really know where you are going. Our GPS sent us somewhere else down the road, and we ended up stubbling on to the property. It's not a big deal, but since we had just plugged in the address and not consulted a map before then, it gave us a bit of trouble.

Room Tip: This RI is near I-40, so ask for a room on the north side away from the highway. We didn't real...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MK W
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

We decided to include our dogs on our family road trip. We spent the night at the Residence Inn in Albuquerque and found it to be very pet friendly. We paid a non-refundable deposit, but it was worth it to have our dogs stay with us, instead of being left home at the kennel. The layout of the property is more like an apartment complex, than a hotel. All rooms have an exterior walk-up. There were lots of grassy areas to walk the dogs. We also loved the proximity of Rudy's BBQ (one of our favorites) being right next door. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the complementary breakfast is always a bonus. The property is literally right off of I-40 making it very easy to access. We liked this hotel so much, we stayed there again on our way home.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 07LizzyB
Decatur, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I want to tell everyone that my family and I recently completed our 5 night stay at the Residence Inn on Prospect Avenue NE. I cannot begin to tell you what a wonderful experience that we had. To begin with, we were treated to a room upgrade for the entire stay. Being Marriott reward members certainly helped but we certainly did not expect it. The breakfasts were absolutely wonderful. Each day we had choices of hot or cold selections that were fantastic. My only caveat, please be aware that you will want to come down a little early in the breakfast since moving around the selection area is a rather "tight" squeeze if you have more than 8 people wanting breakfast at the same time. Ergonomics is not the best, however, after you have their breakfast you will be happy to put up with this minor inconvenience. Housekeeping did a great job of taking care of our needs, both general and specific, they really want to please the person who stays at the Residence. Staff was wonderful it giving us directions to locations as well as giving us straighforward and honest recommendations concerning eating, shopping, and attractions - things that any family needs to know when visiting a place for the first time. Again, I could go on but I think you understand where I am coming from, the Residence Inn at 3300 Prospect Avenue should be your first consideration when deciding on a place to stay in Albuquerque.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank alplm5124
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We stayed at the Residence Inn Albuquerque for 10 days during my daughter's Arabian Horse Show Nationals and were very pleased. We have stayed at other hotels in the area for this event and this is by far our favorite. We will stay again next year. First of all, the rooms are huge, all newly updated, clean and with a full kitchen in each. We had a double suite but there are also 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suites available for larger groups which are very nice. Secondly, the service is outstanding! The front desk went above and beyond in every way to make our stay comfortable. They offered us a late check out with no problem or charge, which we desperately needed and appreciated greatly. Rooms were serviced each day early, quickly and efficiently. The laundry room is bright, clean, sells detergent and the front desk is happy to make change. The daily breakfast was very good and the service there also excellent served in a lovely area with flat screen television and newspapers available as well as a computer. Free internet access in every room - a must for us! The pool and bbq area was clean and quite nice with a lovely sitting area with tables and chairs that was a nice place to bring a take out dinner. The hotel is on the highway so there is highway noise, our room was quiet but some of the rooms would hear the traffic. They did provide dinner on some nights but we did not know about it. It would be nice if there was information in the rooms or an announcement board in the lobby. Our friend's told us about it but we had missed it. The only thing I did not like were the pillows, they seem to need updating. Overall, this is an excellent property, extremely well run with super friendly service.

Room Tip: All double rooms on on the first level. The kings and Penthouse suites are on second floor, all the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Chandler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

We've stayed in a number of RIs with or kitty. This one was the best, hands down. Service was friendly and efficient. The room was clean, large, fully equipped. Didn't mind no lotion, I travel with my own. charming balcony feature. Location was right off the highway 40. Plenty of restaurants and shopping around but the neighborhood seemed dicey. Overall, excellent value.

• Stayed July 2012