“another nice and new hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Albuquerque

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #51 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
San Antonio, Texas
“another nice and new hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a nice Marriot Residence Inn hotel with clean and well equipped rooms and on top of that good prices. Breakfast average but not bad. Staff quite friendly. Very good location.Perfect place to stay overnight.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mARIANO G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Stayed here with my wife for 4 nights while playing golf in the area. Room was clean and adequate. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was adequate, same as most any other place. The usual scrambled eggs, toast, coffee, juice, waffles, yougurt, etc. The staff were all very pleasant and very helpful.
Very well located to whatever you want to do in Albuquerque. It backs up into I-40, so the noise from the road can be quite loud. We used the fan from the AC and it did help. Try and get a room on the parking lot side.
All in all we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get room on the parking lot side to buffer noise from the Interstate !
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I was very happy with my stay here. The location is good --- close to restaurants, stores, and the highways. The staff was nice, and the breakfast and dinners were decent.

My room was fine, and having the kitchenette makes a business trip so much easier. The fitness center is average to slightly above average. My only complaint is that housekeeping forgot to restock my room one day, and a quick call to the front desk took care of everything.

Two final points:1 ) one of my all-time favorite BBQ joints - Rudy's - is right down the street and I suggest you try it and 2) this property is located in a bit on an 'industrial' area and backs up to the highway. It met my needs and I'll stay there again, but don't expect a garden vacation spot.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Berentski
midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

We had a very large room which was nice. Room and facility was clean but, not super clean. I would say this place was mediocre. When we checked in for some reason the housekeeping guy was hanging out with his cart outside our room smoking which was rather creepy and annoying as a I do not smoke. At first I thought maybe he had to clean another room but, as I came in and out for various things from the car and questions at the front desk I realized he had been out there almost an hour. By the way, this is the kind of Residence Inn where you enter your room from the outside. It was chilly during our stay and I realized I prefer the newer Residence Inns with the entrance on the inside as it got quite cold every time I had to go to the front desk or main area for anything. Staff at the front desk was hit or miss. Some were super customer service oriented. Some mediocre. Breakfast was mediocre and grounds were decent to walk my dog.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank midwest4
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

This property backs up to I-40 so it is ultra convenient to get to from all directions and about a mile from I-25. The staff is attentive and caring. The place is clean, the beds comfortable and serves good breakfasts, The lighting is a little on the dark side . My wife and I stayed there for 2 weeks with 2 cats while our house was being renovated. The suite was as large as we could find and was very functional. My wife thought the kitchen area was among the best of the 5 or so local properties she previewed before choosing this one.
The only big negative was the traffic hum. It was constant but after a while it faded into the background. There was a lackluster gym facility and

Room Tip: The upper floors have larger rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CanyonCondor
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped overnight and were presently surprised by the spacious suite we were given. This would have been a great place to stay for an extended amount of time. The breakfast was served in a very pleasant room and is better than most we have experienced. The only drawback was the bathroom in this handicapped accessible suite had a very small counter with nowhere to put toiletries. We were given a first floor room. There is no elevator so would have had to carry everything up stairs if we had been on second floor. All in all, very clean, very nice place to stay.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindafraut
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

My husband and I (and our two cats) spent two weeks at this Residence Inn (in a Penthouse suite) due to renovations to our home. Since we had time to plan this stay, we selected this hotel because this was the largest suite available, and one of the few rooms that had a full kitchen. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating, giving us access to the outdoor grill, and making sure we had all the kitchen equipment we needed. Special thanks to Connie, Randy, Chris, Justin, and Treva for being so welcoming and helpful. (I realize that most tourists probably won't want to do a lot of cooking, but this was an 'extended stay' for us.) The hotel is ideally located for easy access to both I-40 and I-25. Since we are residents of Albuquerque, staying at this hotel enabled us to experience a different part of the city! Runners or bicyclists should love this hotel as it is about 3/10ths of a mile from a host of trails. The daily breakfast was very nice, as were the Monday and Wednesday evening socials. The only 'con' that I can think of is the constant roar of the highway, and you can hardly blame the staff for that! As a side note, we loved that so many of the staff were Navajo!

Room Tip: Building 7 is one of the quieter ones. The Penthouse Suite gives you almost 1000 square feet on two...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple