“Excellent Stop-With a Challenge”

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #55 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Excellent Stop-With a Challenge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was a normal residence inn that was a little hard to find. The place was clean with great staff to help out. The manager although present on arrival 8PM but not at our departure at 9am? Was told to leave a VM as the airline went to deliver my bag and it was refused by the night staff causing me to purchase additional clothes for my meeting. Like this chain but needs a little work.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and also top floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Had a great stay of three days. Studio room was huge! Bed was a king size--which has not been my Residence Inn experience in most locations. Location close to center of town and close to freeway was a plus. Recent remodel was still fresh and vibrant. Front desk staff were efficient at both check in and check out. Temperature controls worked especially well and were easy to operate. The nearby automobile free bike path was a big plus for me being a sometime cyclist.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing Interstate 40 are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Returned after a year, had a previous bad experience but for location and practical reasons gave it another try. We were a party of 5 and reserved 2 rooms. The manager had given me his card and a generous offer but when speaking to person in charge Marisa- she said all I can offer is you "leave a voice message for him, you should of called earlier" then she went on to share her burdens of being the only person available and it was very busy. Too busy to ask me if I wanted to rent a room? That conversation ended. My husband called the Rewards number and reserved a room via the 800#. We had planned to stay another night but decided to try the Hamptons Inn down the road. As far as accessibility the Hamptons have a better sign to direct you to the hidden location. Service was okay- the sofa bed used in our room was to uncomfortable- you could feel the springs. We had to request for extra blanket and towels. Breakfast is standard. I request a quiet room bc I am a light sleeper- do not stay in 613. Doors slamming and heavy traffic- Marisa may have missed the notation provided!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Niessa K, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear AZINCA,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry to hear you were dissapointed in your stay at my hotel. I did get your voicemail when I returned to my office after the Labor day weekend. I appreciate you trying the hotel once again and I would have been able to make your reservation personally as I promised on my business card if you had called before the weekend began. I see you were able to access a discount after all through our 800 number and I'm glad you were satisfied in that regard.

I aplologize for the noise you experienced and I see that you were placed away from the freeway where noise is less likely to have an impact on guest rooms. I'm very sorry noise was still an issue and I know guests slamming doors can ruin the entire experience.

Also, I will speak to the front desk associates regarding appropriate responses in busy situations. As you can imagine, the Saturday of Labor Day weekend between the hours of 3pm and 8pm can be very busy at times with check-ins and incoming calls. It's is not an excuse for a poor response to your concerns and I apologize. I assure you your comments will be used to improve what we do and I appreciate your feedback. The staff here is quite experienced and most of the time they get great reviews but that doesn't mean we can't improve our service.

Thanks again for your comments and if you would like to discuss any other concerns, please contact me directly.

Justin Coffman
Dewey, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was our first time staying here but it definitely won't be our last! We loved the fact that we didn't have air conditioners blasting over our bed at night but a delightful thermostat-controlled environment with QUIET air. The kitchen was equipped with everything that was needed and everything was very clean. The bed and bedding were wonderful to collapse in after a fun-filled day. Very convenient to the Interstate to get where we were going.

NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed her for a couple of nights on a weekend. Front desk staff was very welcoming and friendly. Went out of her way to make my kids and the rest of us feel welcomed. Breakfast was pretty good with the usual scrambled eggs, waffles, cereals, potatoes, etc. My kids loved playing at the sports court and swimming in the pool. I was a little concerned with traffic as the hotel is right off the freeway, but no issues with noise in the room at all. Penthouse with loft was very spacious and easily fit our family. Kitchen with stove and full refrigerator was a plus as well.

Palmdale, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We were very comfortable staying at the Airport Residence Inn. We reserved a room with two bedrooms and two baths and it was very comfortable. The rooms were tastefully decorated in a southwest motif. It had a full kitched and the hotel was centrally located to the airport as well as various restaurants. The front desk personnel were wonderful, but, the housekeeping staff left a little to be desired. They serve a full breakfast each morning that was simple, but, tasty. We would probably stay here again when visiting New Mexico.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

A wow factor from this seasoned traveler. Thank you for your personality a friendliness and comfort! I recommend this place for lengths if stay in a great city. The rooms are spacious and the rates are decent but the people are the best!

• Stayed July 2013