“Just okay!”

Residence Inn Albuquerque
Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We just moved to alburquerque and needed a place to stay that accepted dogs and with kitchen etc.... While looking for a place to rent long term! From the reviews we were sold! The staff is nice etc.... Room is okay, internet is terrible and the ceilings are sooo thin. If you stay here make sure to get a room upstairs! If not you will not get any sleep if someone is above you! We complained they apologized said they would call etc... Made it worse. Those people left we were in peace for a few days then new people came soooo loud. Called front desk and they were busy with another issue on property and said they would take care of issue after..... Loud banging and walking continued. Also right next door is a motel 6 with shady shady people. I would recommend staying somewhere else if staying longer than a few days. We will be leaving soon thank god ...we would have moved to another hotel if the pet deposit was not so high! We paid 100.00 pet fee here so just have to suck it up until we can move in to our new home.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Amichelle35
412ChristopherH, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Residence Inn ABQ. Your comments are appreciated and we will use them to help improve the experience for all of our guests. You've raised several concerns and I want to address each of them as they are just as important to us as they are to you.

First, internet connectivity has been a top priority as Marriott hotels attempt to lead the industry with high-speed internet. I'm proud to announce that as of March 24th, the hotel's internet bandwidth is now double what it was previously. Please let us know if you have connectivity problems and our staff will work to identify and solve the problem.

Also, you mentioned the noise from rooms above you and I apologize for the disturbance. I'm glad you called to report the problem and disappointed that it wasn't resolved to your satisfaction. We know a good night's sleep is very important to our guests to thrive in their home away from home. Since we have full kitchens in every room, our target traveler is one looking for a long-term stay. That being said, our hotel is built more like an apartment complex than a standard tower style hotel and unfortunately, not everyone respects the occupants in rooms below. I promise to do everything we can to resolve problems with inconsiderate guests even if it means contacting authorities or changing rooms.

As for the location next to Motel 6, I completely understand our guests' concerns with the activity next door. We've gone to great lengths to ensure once you're on property, it feels like a sanctuary amidst the urban setting. Also, we employ a third party security company to patrol overnight with real-time GPS tracking and ability to alert police with the touch of a button. There is a large state police station on the corner of our block and despite the perceived poor quality of adjacent properties, the hotel has not experienced anything that could have jeopardized the safety and security of our guests.

Lastly, I would like to discuss the pet fee policy. I understand $100 seems steep for a pet fee compared to the majority of pet-friendly hotels. On the other hand, we guarantee each room to be not only clean, but hypo-allergenic to the next guest after a pet occupied the room. The cleaning associated with such a task is costly. We have a reputable third party company that cleans the carpets, upholstery, curtains, and base-boards after every pet. Hotels that don't charge such a fee can't possibly afford rooms as clean as ours. Although the pet fee may deter some travelers from staying with us, we've found it to be far more advantageous to attract the many travelers who want the cleanest pet-friendly room in town.

If you're still in house, please come see me in the front office. I'd love the opportunity to make things right so you don't have to feel like moving hotels is the answer. I promise to work with you to ensure the rest of your stay is to your satisfaction. Once again, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel.

Justin Coffman
Residence Inn Albuquerque

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Albuquerque

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Stayed one night at this property. The rooms were clean. Had a nice outdoor pool and whirlpool. Pool was closed but had an opportunity to use the whirlpool. Full breakfast had a lot of choices. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just returned from a four night stay at this hotel - on the way to Santa Fe,
Sedona, Grand Canyon and Las Vegas - Great Trip, in case anyone wants to know!

This property met the standards of any Residence Inn in which we have stayed. The room was clean, bright and spacious. The staff was helpful, breakfast was a great way to start the day, and manager's reception more than adequate.

Only complaint was that the pool was not open during weather (perhaps not typical for this time of the year?). Hot tub was open and littered with foliage. Pool is noisy due to proximity to highway.

Anyway, we had a great stay. Loved visiting Old Town, which was about a 15 - 20 minute dive with ample parking. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Like a "high floor" so people are not walking by and looking into your room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I arrived very late for my reservation and still got a nice room. Large with good bed and bedding. Spotless interior and bath- my compliments to Housekeeping. Plenty of hot water. Well stocked kitchen with utensils and pans. Room very quiet. Need more parking. I would rate higher except I was suddenly told I would be paying an extra $100 for my dog to Stay the one night. This after booking because the Marriott online site said it was "pet friendly". Turns out in the tiny, tiny print somewhere there is a clause stating you will be paying this one time dog fee for your stay. If you are staying only one night you are required to pay the entire fee. Frankly I do not consider this to be pet friendly. I think that Marriott should do a better job of stating this on their site. I would have moved on after hearing this; but it was midnight and I had been in a traffic backup on the Interstate for 2 hours. Hope my dog enjoyed her expensive stay.

Room Tip: No elevators so ask for 1st floor if elderly or not a mountain goat type.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We had to spend a week at this hotel while our house was being remodeled. We found the room to be quite comfortable and well equipped with a kitchen and living room. They have a full breakfast buffet including hot dishes as well as regular breakfast foods and, surprisingly, they also serve a full dinner twice a week. The hotel is conveniently located right by the I-40 ramp and just a few miles of the I-25 intersection, making it easy to go pretty much anywhere in Albuquerque. What most impressed me, however, was the friendliness and dedication the staff demonstrated. Congratulations to the people who make the hotel be so welcoming. By the way, it is a pet-friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VMZee
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We have stayed at this particular hotel several times while traveling from Oklahoma to California. We love it! The staff is super friendly, professional, and accommodating. It's great for families as it's a suite with one or two double beds and a pullout couch. The beds are very comfy. The kitchen is fully stocked with plates, silverware, pots and pans. It's also a pet friendly hotel. There's a nice breakfast included with eggs, potatoes, waffles, etc. The best part is - it's next door to Rudy's Bar B Q. We always arrive around dinner, buy beer from the convenience mart and pick up a huge order of ribs, brisket, and creamed corn from Rudy's to enjoy in the room.

I just have one small criticism / warning - if you go to the breakfast when everyone is there, there won't be any seats and some of the food will be gone. The potatoes, bacon, and coffee were out when we went to breakfast but could be that they were about to bring some more out.

All in all, we love this hotel and always make it a point to stay when we are passing through. It's right off of I 40. It's a great hotel for the price.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank isapeza
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We selected the Residence Inn for a quick getaway. We brought our dogs with us for the trip. The layout of the property was quite nice, with a large area for the dogs. Although it was near major roadways - the room was still quiet. The staff were all friendly and attentive. The rooms are well maintained and the bed was comfy. Would recommend this property when visiting Albuquerque.

Room Tip: We prefer a room on the upper level to keep noise down from other guests.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family