“A great place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I stayed here three nights and found it to be a great place. Every one was friendly and helpful and although my room was a connecting room there was no problem with any noise at all. The parking lot is well lit with security cameras. Everything worked with no problem. It is located conveniently right off of I-40 and easy to get on going to either I-25 and north south, or I 40 east or west.. The museums and zoo and Old Town can be reached quickly by either going down Coors (the motel is on Illif which is just off of Coors) south to Central and turning left o Central or taking I-40 to Rio Grande. Just north of here on Coors is a shopping area, Walmart, etc., There are several gasoline stations (including a Giant and Fina as of this writing). There are several restaurants and fast food places within walking distance including Furrs Cafeteria, Dennys, Village Inn, Del Taco, and MacDonald's. There is a nice breakfast with enough needed for a good start. I fear people get fussy the more you give them the more they demand. Some reviewers I have read don't seem happy unless steak and eggs and lobster are offered free for breakfast. There is cereal, eggs, waffles, bread, tea, coffee, etc., and that should be quite enough for 99% of the population. When I traveled with my parents we were lucky to get a BW TV set (and then had to put in 25 cents for every 15 or 30 minutes of play time).. This motel should satisfy any one whether staying over night on a longer trip or spending some time in Albuquerque (which I strongly suggest as there is so much to see here). It is, after all, the PEOPLE who make staying in a motel a pleasant experience and the folks at this motel are great. as is the motel itself. Website is:

Room Tip: If one is a light sleeping one might not want a room near the interstate (although it is NOT noisy)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here with our cat on our cross-country trip. We found it to be very clean, staff helpful and friendly and convenient to I-40.

The front desk clerk recommended a restaurant that we could walk to which was really worth going to.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Great place on a road trip, since it is right on the major freeways. It was clean and updated, with friendly staff and a good, if basic, breakfast. Very pet-friendly (no extra charge) and pet-owner-friendly (a good room, not a 'pet' room). The AAA discount made it even better. Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I stayed here for two nights of a 39 night road trip.

Convenient location near the freeway, from which I didn't notice any noise.

I had a room on the top floor - it was clean and comfortable, although some modernisation may be an idea within the next few years.

The staff were pleasant and helpful on the occasions I spoke to them.

Breakfast was the usual cereal, toast & waffles - did the job.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I had to stay here on 3 separate occasions on my trip out to Los Angeles. It was the cleanest hotel I stayed in along the way. And that's saying something because I stayed in some dives, but the were all very clean. It was quiet, the beds were very comfortable and the staff was super-helpful. I highly recommend!"

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Made reservation at last minute, got a good rate, however we were on the side of the hotel closest to the Interstate, so it was noisy, kept the a/c and fan on all night. Room was large and clean with a good bed and fluffy pillows. Good breakfast with usual fare. Helpful and friendly front desk. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2011

At a below average price, this is a very nice place to spend a night. Staff was very helpful. The only complaint I would have would be that there were not many restaurants close by. I did not see any evidence that the hotel is situated in an unsafe area as mentioned by another reviewer...it seemed to be very typical for an off-expressway motel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo