“Hotel is nice, but front desk is lacking”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Houston, Texas
“Hotel is nice, but front desk is lacking”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We arrived in the middle of the night, and the front desk attendant was sitting in the lobby chatting with security. It took her a minute before she got up and said, "let me come around the counter." She wasn't the friendliness, especially it being the middle of the night, but I didn't expect much from a teenager, either. The rooms seem to be recently renovated, but it looks like they forgot to reno the bathroom, too. I would have rated the cleanliness of the room higher, but there was a lightbulb out, the loveseat had a disturbing stain on it, and the bathroom wasn't up to par. The TV had satellite and wi-fi didn't require a code. Upon checkout, the attendant Bianca was less than pleasant. In fact, she was quite condescending regarding the total of our bill. When I made her aware of the issues in the room, she did not offer an apology, but simply said thanks for letting her know. Overall, the hotel is fairly nice & worth the $80 a night, but pay no mind to the front desk.

Room Tip: Avoid the highway side, as it gets pretty noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Vista, California
Reviewed 2 May 2013

For those who read a lot of reviews, I will simply cut to the chase. Some years back I stopped going to La Quinta. In basic terms they had fallen behind in taking care of travelers in my opinion. This property and the staff have turned my attention back to La Quinta as one of my top 5 companies to consider as I ply the highways and byways of the country. Great staff. Large rooms. Decent breakfast. And great value. Thanks for reestablishing my faith in the chain.

Room Tip: Very convenient location and a solid and safe choice of hotles.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ProfessorACB
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at the west side location. The young lady at the front desk was very friendly. She called the room after about 15 minutes to make sure everything was good. I appreciate that extra level I service. Upon my check I was given a bottle of water and a package of chocolate chip cookies which was a nice surprise. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
Pahrump, Nevada
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We had a nice room and it was very clean. We were not bothered by the guests with pets, and there were many of them. We had a quiet evening in a comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast had fresh fruit cup along with their normal fare.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple