“Ok but it has been better”

Best Western Plus Executive Suites
Ranked #12 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Flora Vista, NM
“Ok but it has been better”
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We have stayed here a few times before when the price is right as the Jacuzzi suite rooms are very nice for a relaxing weekend. In the past the experience has been very good. We had some problems with our reservations, as in making them two weeks earlier but no record being at the hotel. While trying to straighten out the problem at the location I had a very interesting insider revelation to how Best Western online reservations work. It seams that when you make a reservation with Best Western online your reservation is printed and FAXED to the location. It turned out that my reservation was in the national system (I received an e-mail the morning of my arrival day ‘looking forward to my visit’ from Best Western) but the fax was lost, either by the local hotel or by the national reservation system. The assistant GM of this location told me that they have had problems in the past with the fax being busy and the central reservation system forgetting to try to resend it.

Reservation problems aside the stay we had was good, but there were still a few problems. There were some cleanliness issues in the bathroom that never was taken care of but it was not that big of deal and the room was discounted because housekeeping overlooked it. Other then that the room showed signs of starting to get run down. There were little things like the grout in the tub area needing to be redone, some of the fixtures were loose, the screen on the window was torn open, and the shower head was ‘fixed’ using electrical tape. I hope that the room we were in had recently hosted a wild party or something and it was not the normal for the other rooms. I can say that when we have stayed here before we did not have anywhere near these problems.

Even with the problems we had this trip I will probably stay here again if I get the room for a decently inexpensive price but I would not go out of my way to stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Adelaide
Reviewed 11 July 2009

We stayed here for two nights in a 2 room suite and had a comfortable stay with a cooked breakfast in the morning. I would recommend this motel as a good budget option.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
xyia
Reviewed 1 July 2008

On first look appearance everything was good. Our rooms were clean and got a good rate for the rooms. However, when my friend in another room pulled out her sofa bed there were old bloody sheets like someone had a nose bleed. They did take care of the situation and gave her a discount. There is a business center were you can use the internet it was good. We awoke the next morning with small bites all over us. Probably bed bugs (gross). Breakfast was a joke. They had one man trying to cook waffles for all these people. It was a mess. It helped that the guy was friendly. Everyone was friendly except the matinence guy. He was running around mumbling under his breath and said "get out of my way people I don't have time for this" it was said low and luckily I was the only one to hear him. We decided to check out and head to Colorado Springs early.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Parker, CO
Reviewed 6 April 2007

not very clean, not enough staff on hand. Sleeper sofa was not a sleeper sofa so we were missing two beds. Had to help only employee there to move a sleeper sofa from first floor unocupied room to ours. This place needs some maintenance and tending to and better service. i would not stay theer again. One positive - breakfast was plentiful.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — on the dirty side, not enough staff on hand, not appealing
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
Old Orchard Beach, Me
Reviewed 28 October 2006

Really nice hotel for a 3 day stay. 3 driveways from I-25 so getting around is easy. Hotel has three floors and two quick elevators, with ice machines near both. Very nice indoor pool and hot tub open from 6:00am to 10pm. Best of all the pool area was immaculate and did not stink of too much chlorine. Love the suite design, two rooms, two big TV's, and the sink outside of the bathroom to two can get ready at the same time. I chose this hotel because although it has been open 6 years, there was not a single review available on any website that I could find. Nothing to say it was great, or terrible. I would vote to return, just not to the room that I was in. The refrigerator in the room did not work, and although I reported it each day, and since the hotel was not sold out and a substitution possible, no response. The Internet in the business center was down for the entire visit, which meant that I could not check in for my flight out in advance. The waffle iron for the free breakfast was broken the first morning, but was repaired.

But the most memorable thing of the visit was that the toilet flushed with HOT water. Manager said that some rooms in the hotel had to be that way. The rest of his answer did not make a lot of sense, but I suspect that it had to do with water pressure or it was just a mistake and too costly to repair. Strange to see steam rising from that bowl. I guess that there are certainly worse things that can and do happen on vacation.

• Liked — central location
  • Disliked — no internet
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
1 Thank jtfftj
Albany, New York
Reviewed 10 October 2006

We had several problems upon check in first was that even though had reservation they tried to charge more (always bring quoted reservation) they finally horoed that,then the first room we had had a water leak then the other room they wanted us to take had a leak. Finally a third room was okay. Maintenance is a problem here. Breakfast buffet was sparse to say the least. Make your own waffle was only good thing, no creme cheese or peanut butter. Staff not really motivated saw them more in office surfing internet than anything. Some rooms no remotes for TV's. Every room though is a suite and on back of door was sign that rooms go for $179.00/night for 2 and $5595/month are they kidding this hotel needs work before I'd dare post rates like that!!!!!

Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 9 October 2006

This isn't a bad hotel, but it's not great, either. You definitely get what you pay for.

We stayed here Oct 4 - 8 for Balloon Fiesta. The location was good, it was nice having a suite, the beds were comfortable (didn't try the sofa bed), and it was clean. The breakfast was basic but not bad for what you got. The pool was nice and warm for swimming, but the hot tub could have been hotter. It wasn't much warmer than the pool.

However, the towels were small and thin, the pool was out of order the first night of our stay (chemical imbalance; closed until it could be reinspected), the electronic keys wouldn't always work (had to change keys three times in four days!), and the toilet clogged the morning we were leaving.

We got a decent deal (considering it was Fiesta), so I definitely think we got what we paid for, but this room is only worth ~$85/night.

A warning for those who do go during Fiesta: be sure to call ahead to confirm your reservation, no matter what sort of reservation number you have or how you made the reservation. We reserved through hotels.com (had to pay up front), and when we got there, the hotel couldn't find the reservation at first. The gal eventually had to go look through some papers in a three-ring binder because it wasn't in the computer! She did find it, though. A number of balloon pilots weren't nearly so lucky a few days later. The hotel had overbooked by at least 15 rooms and were turning people with reservations away! Unbelievable. Obviously those folks were very irate! We'll probably return, unless we can find another hotel in Albuquerque that has suites as well as an indoor pool.

• Liked — The indoor pool was nice and warm for swimming.
  • Disliked — The towels were terrible.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family