“Go stuck with a noisy room”

Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown
Ranked #20 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We chose the Hyatt Place based upon all the positive reviews. We reserved a king room online. Upon arrival we were told that all king rooms were booked. Apparantly if you book through a site that is not the Hyatt Place site they will not guarantee your room request. Too boot our reservation was nonrefundable. The double beds were not going to be big enough for us so I asked the guy at the desk to keep looking. After some time he let us know that he had a king room but it was right next to the elevators. So our choice was to take a chance on a possible noisy room or go to a room that we would not be able to sleep in. We took our chances with the king room and were burned! The noise was a major problem and we got far less sleep than we needed. The room was also smaller because the elevator shaft actually takes away part of the floor space in the room. Hyatt has refused to give us compensatition for the terrible room and we will never stay at a Hyatt hotel again. Be warned that once this Hyatt Place gets hold of your money you will have no rights as a customer. The cold bottom line is all that matters to them.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank redbirdlcnm
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown

Reviewed 20 June 2011

We stayed here as the first stop of a road trip from Dallas to Vegas and the place was really nice. The rooms were huge compared to the other places we stayed on the trip and the sofa bed made it possible for us to sleep six in the room comfortably. The TV was in a bit of a strange place between the two "rooms" and it made it a bit uncomfortable to watch at such an angle. No matter where you go, the Hyatt place rooms all look the same, so you know what to expect. Clean rooms, good continental breakfast, friendly staff, walking distance to mall, food and shops. I'll stay here again if ever in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

With the exception of location, which is near the uptown shopping plaza, and across from a nice mall, this property did NOT stand out in any way.

I have been a fan on Hyatt in the past. I had never tried Hyatt Place until now. It has potential to be hip and fun. But, did not prove so.

The free breakfast was disappointing. Very little selection, and OUT OF COFFEE? Really, a staple. When one of our party went the carafes were empty, and one member of the staff was training the other on how to make Specialty Starbucks drinks (which of course, are for purchase) the empty carafes were ignored. Later I went to the breakfast statiion (about an hour later) and they were (again or still?) empty. Really Hyatt staff, put a little effort into this please.

We were locked out of the front entrance at night (no, there was no place to swipe and get in), so we had to walk around to the back entrance to get in. We would not have minded if it were not for the fact that the front desk staff was outside smoking when we were dropped off at the main entrance. He promptly ran inside, locked the front entrance, saw us attemping to get in, and would not respond. Later I noticed that the outer door, which was locked, should have been open, and the inner door (for security) would have opened with a swipe of our card.

Don't be fooled by the "fresh and ready" food market. It is a tiny cooler, with overpriced pre-packaged food, such as your choice of two or three tiny $10 lunchmeat sandwiches.

On the positive, within walking distance there are nice chain restaurants, shopping, and a trader Joe's. Also the rooms at this location were clean, and ours was somewhat quiet.

Overall, unless you get a killer price break, there are more guest friendly, well-appointed hotels in close proximity.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed 2 nights May 13-15, 2011 to attend a graduation. The hotel was directly across the street from an upscale shopping/dining complex. The hotel was immaculate with a "hip" vibe to the lobby. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary continental breakfast was more than adequate with fresh fruit and yogurts which I enjoyed. The pool was good sized. I got a great rate right off the Hyatt website. I will not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DTierman
Reviewed 10 June 2011

Found the hotel to really meet my meeting needs and a great place to relax afterwards. Appreciated managements efforts to help arrange a special post meeting event for a few associates. Will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My friends & I were told that supposedly our room had a leak & they didn't have another room so they shipped us to another hotel! My friends & I had been looking forward to staying there so we could walk to the stores at Uptown, so that was quite a letdown. I believe that if you make & pay for a reservation you should get what you paid for. I am advising all my friends & family not to stay there ever & I will keep on posting daily so no one will have to go through what we did. macuca2002@yahoo.com

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2011

I stayed at the Uptown Hyatt for several days in late May. I had a reasonable rate booked online before my trip. When I wanted to extend my stay by a day, I was booked for the additional night at the "rack rate" by the front desk that was 51%!!!! higher than my previous rate. They did mention that I could get a much lower rate if I looked online (which I certainly could have easily done). I felt like they REALLY TOOK ADVANTAGE of a loyal customer. SO, the lesson is, THEY WILL TAKE YOU TO THE CLEANERS AT THE FRONT DESK if you book there. In addition, they were very rude and unwilling to make any ammendments. So low customer service marks here!!!!

The wireless was extremely poor and the connection so inferior that I had no ability to connect to the Internet for the first two nights of my stay from my room. There is not a DVD player. No lotion is provided in the bathroom. No robes.

Room Tip: Only book on the Internet!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo